[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello guys A few days ago I ordered a refurbished laptop. Specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0137.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0137.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Hello guys

A few days ago I ordered a refurbished laptop. Specifically it is the Asus Zenbook UX305. It has the Intel Core M3-6Y30 cpu and it is suppose to run at up to 2.2 GHz.

However while running a stress test on the system to test if all is running well(using prime 95) the cpu stays at a solid core speed of 1000MHz. More than half the speed of what was advertised. All the temperatures are normal so I shouldn't be thermal throttling. My concern is, could it be that when the laptop was refurbished, they had lowered the clock speed of the CPU to avoid crashes because in reality the system is still defective?
>>
Check for battery power saving settings.
>>
>>58567987
I switched it to performance and it helped a bit. It's now running at 1200mhz but uy still no where near where it should be
>>
>>58567973
Could be the speed for single core or single thread. Are you doing a multi-core benchmark?
>>
>>58568218
I was using prime 95 balance test. Now I'm running IntelBurnTest on stress level maximum and I got the system to come up to 2mhz for a couple seconds but then it drops down to 1.3 and stays there with cpu Temps on both cores at a solid 55c with 100% load on both cores
>>
I also went into my bios and saw that in the processor information it says the processor and then @ .90GHz. It should say 2.2 no?
>>
Core M CPUs are meant to be passively cooled, therefore they run at a low clock speed generally. The TurboBoost speed is 2.2 GHz, but the CPU isn't capable of sustaining that speed. These CPUs weren't meant for sustained workloads like stress tests and benchmarks. They were meant for generally use, web surfing, and YouTube viewing.
>>
>>58568507
Oh alright. That makes sense. I just wanted to stress test the system because it only comes with a 3 month warranty so I wanted to make sure ASAP if there was anything wrong and when I saw that it Wasent reaching it's max clock speed I started to get worried. My first time buying any used tech
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.