[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there NO good guys in tech? We all know what a perfect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Why are there NO good guys in tech? We all know what a perfect phone, laptop , tablet etc has to have but no one company offers everything they all miss something what is the reason for the deliberate imperfections
>>
File: 1455480788977.jpg (18KB, 336x286px) Image search: [Google]
1455480788977.jpg
18KB, 336x286px
What the fuck am I reading
>>
Everyone wants different things you retarded fuck

No one will ever make a perfect product for everyone
>>
>>58567223
because if a product is perfect what incentive is there for the consumer to keep buying?
>>
Because not all decisions are made by tech guys. In fact, very few decisions are in the hands of the tech guys. The orders come down from the marketing department or upper management about a certain feature they want in the product so that they can sell it a certain way.
>>
>>58567247
A little piece of me wants to believe you are a troll. That or you don't understand basic economics.
>>
>>58567223
>but no one company offers everything they all miss something what is the reason for the deliberate imperfections

to force you to buy multiple products, not even trolling

I could come up with a better example, but I'm doing this right on the spot. Say you want a paper shredder that comes with a cd shredder, regular paper shredder part, and a bin included with it. Now the only manufacturer of paper shredders decides to sell all 3 parts separately. You now have to buy a bin, a paper shredder, and a CD destroyer, that is 3 different purchases you must now make

Again, I realize its a poor example, but it came to my mind because of that amazonbasics paper shredder that has the cd destroyer included
>>
>>58567246
specs are not subjective
>>
>>58567273
The specs that are important (among many) are subjective to the consumer you tard.
>>
>>58567273
yes they are. You can go buy a product which has top of the line specs for anything.

You dont do it becuase its expensive or ugly or doesnt have some other bullshit niche autism feature
>>
>>58567273
yea well I'd like a supercomputer in my basement but I can't afford it or the power bill for it..

You're incompetent
>>
File: che-stallman-tshirt-show.jpg (40KB, 350x465px) Image search: [Google]
che-stallman-tshirt-show.jpg
40KB, 350x465px
>Why are there NO good guys in tech?
Because there is no ethical consumption under capitalism. All acts of exchange under a capitalistic model result in one party being exploited and not receiving the fair value of an exchange. Thus allowing for the other to profit.
>what is the reason for the deliberate imperfections
Instead of setting aside personal differences and working towards the goal of bettering humanity people have these inefficient petty arguments over nothing.
>My app has X - Google
>I'll re-implement X myself - Apple
>and so on
Progress is slow as everyone is eternally chasing each others tail.

TECHNOLOGISTS OF THE WORLD UNITE.

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR CHAINS.
>>
>>58567327
I know that you're a troll, but it hurts that some people out there actually eat this bullshit up.
>>
>>58567268
It seems you're the one who doesn't understand shit. If you were right then things would be working the way you think they should, wouldn't they? Company ALWAYS prioritize profits. ALWAYS.
>>
>>58567223
Smart phones have to be charged daily because they want to sell more chargers and battery packs.

They could easily make them last for months, but then where's the incentive to purchase.

t. Fucking Retard
>>
>>58567348
>Company ALWAYS prioritize profits. ALWAYS.
Yes, this part you actually got correct. What you fail to understand is that if a company purposely hinders their "perfect" product than another company will step in to fill the demand.

If no other company can step in to supply this perfect demand, than the evil corporation has no incentive to continue perfecting products because they are still the farthest ahead.

Cronyism is the real evil involved here, nothing else.
>>
>>58567337
Not a troll communism is inevitable. Ur just too dumb to realize it
>>
>>58567478
yeah a troll. or you don't know what communism is.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.