[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My studio wants to move to Linux from Windows 7 but the inability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: nigeria-gaming.jpg (53KB, 570x360px) Image search: [Google]
nigeria-gaming.jpg
53KB, 570x360px
My studio wants to move to Linux from Windows 7 but the inability to get support for Adobe application on Linux makes that impossible.

Now we're moving to Windows 10.
>>
thanks for sharing
>>
>>58564161
Virtualbox Windows 7 for Adobe products.
>>
What is adobe used for?
>>
>>58564196
this
>>
>>58564161
virtualbox + win 7 or wine.

>muh wine is shit argument

give it a shot anon and if it doesnt work out then i say go for win10.
>>
>>58564196
I think they would run like shit on a desktop VM
>>
>>58567042
>>58564196
>Virtualizating products essential to your business
>>
>>58564161
My company wanted to move to BSD from Mac OS but the development of essential programs in swift makes that impossible

The MacBook Pro Retina with OS X did not have this problem
>>
>>58564161
>>58564196
>>58567042
>>58567064

One of the many purposes of an operating system is to...you know...run programs.

If running adobe products is critical to the company, you would be foolish to virtualize or run it on an imperfect emulated API it unless there was literally no other option. The operating system is ultimately supposed to be in service to the users needs, not the other way around.
>>
I'm surprised Adobe just doesn't make its own distro that you can dual boot into to just run its CS.
>>
I'm convinced that if Adobe products worked on Linux Windows would die in a year or so.

Someone should kidnap the wife of that "greative gloud" guy and threaten to kill him if Adobe doesn't port all their shit to Linux.
>>
>>58567162

Why would Adobe ever consider this? Having an Adobe distro would suddenly put them on the hook, support-wise, for MANY MANY more things that are normally Microsoft or Apple's problem.

Let the operating system people handle operating system problems.
>>
>>58567193

Linux is not user-friendly enough for creative types. The reason creative professionals used Macs back in the 90's is because Macs were easier to use and had better GUI features, and that momentum carried them through to today.

Linux had nothing like that, has nothing like that, and is unlikely to have anything like that in the future. Adobe is not in the business of throwing money into a pit and setting it on fire for no reason.
>>
File: image_1_0.jpg (32KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
image_1_0.jpg
32KB, 400x460px
>>58567094
Anon...

You can't be serious. Even server hardware is virtualized.
>>
>>58567263
Macs had essential features like font/color/postscript management as well, lol if you tried to do that shit with Windows 3.1
>>
who cares
>>
File: IMG_0529.jpg (168KB, 458x613px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0529.jpg
168KB, 458x613px
>>58567475
>TFW anon realizes most businesses run on virtualized environments or VMware clusters.
>>
>>58564196
kvm
>>
>>58567263
Linux is common in the 3d animation industry. Everyone would ditch windows if photoshop and zbrush were ported.

If linux users or ubuntu devs could put together crowd funding efforts to push for photoshop, zbrush and other critical programs to be ported it would change a lot.
>>
>>58567263
>Linux had nothing like that
Yeah, true, people who like to draw and shit probably don't want to type commands on the terminal. I get that.

>has nothing like that, and is unlikely to have anything like that in the future.
Bullshit. Gnome 3 is designed to be used by normies and it's out now. Gnome handles workspaces better than macOS does, you can launch programs either from the dock or launchpad just like macOS. Gnome 3 has touchpad gestures too just like macOS does. If you like the way macOS works, you can just use Gnome 3 and feel right at home.
>>
>>58567475
>>58567744

To be fair, a lot of the virtualized software is stuff like Microsoft Office or Exchange. At least in small businesses. You would never see something that requires precision be virtualized. Assuming OP is a graphic designer that draws with a Wacom tablet, the input lag from using remote software would be no bueno.
>>
How can Calc open completely buttfucked Excel files, recover all the data and export it as a working Excel file?

It's fucking magic.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.