[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People were memeing CNC as this super awesome job oppurtunity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

People were memeing CNC as this super awesome job oppurtunity a few years back

What happened to it all?
>>
>>58561030
Working, got married, live in a house and don't lurking on imageboards anymore.
>>
>>58561030
CNC operators got off 4chan
>>
>>58561030
homeless
>>
File: 1482554128149.gif (2MB, 295x211px) Image search: [Google]
1482554128149.gif
2MB, 295x211px
>>58561030
Manufacturing jobs went to China/Taiwan/Mexico and CAD jobs went to India.

>mfw I have a masters in Mechanical Engineering and work at a Chipotle after I've had three jobs outsourced on my to Pajeets in 5 years
>>
>>58561030
meme job
>>
File: 1456839878159.jpg (40KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
1456839878159.jpg
40KB, 620x412px
>>58562583
>Manufacturing jobs went to China/Taiwan/Mexico and CAD jobs went to India.

one more day anon
>>
>>58563409
Import taxes won't make companies stay in America it'll just make the international market more international and amercians will lose the 'merican discount it has over the rest of the world in consumer goods
Like that's a good policy for long term growth but it's a little late, China is already on top and taxing Chinese manufacturing isn't gonna make taxpayers richer, or manufacturing more american
>>
>>58563569
crie eberytim :'(
>>
>>58563587
I'm just wondering if the new sudden mass of taxes were about to collect is going to go towards anything useful, anything fucking stupid, or if he actually just plans on lowering the trillions of burgers of debt he just walked into
>>
File: JesusRoids.jpg (28KB, 354x404px) Image search: [Google]
JesusRoids.jpg
28KB, 354x404px
>be me
>worked on ancient CNC 3-axis router
>won't get any work on CNC
>everyone wants a programist/operator/model maker in one person
>have to go back to carpentry again
>fuckmyass.gif
>>
Dead in the us

Biggest cnc business market s brass pipe fittings
>pvc is more popular
>china exists

And alot of modetn cnc is really specialized now, alot of machines are custom made for a specific use, and programming is backseat
>>
File: IMG_1605.jpg (286KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1605.jpg
286KB, 1000x1333px
>>58563908
Example, i worked for a company with btb rotary table transfer machines
We have three, out of 8 that exist, and our three were designed just for us
Theyre shit, the software is what kills them. Sensors fucking up and giving bullshit errors, bad timings on the software end, laggy and broken UI, and if some specific things go wrong, it can brick the entire system, fuckin italian machine used in an american factory giving out german java errors for something that doesnt use java, before destroying the main XP partition

Let me tell you, as the only technologically competent person in the building, that was some bullshit to deal with when the BTB service tech only spoke italian.

And further on why the business is dying, before i quit they had just lost a large part of their contract with a company called Uponor, who only contracted us to start with because a chinese pvc company couldnt provide all the needed parts. So suddenly theres 7 companies making plastic design parts out of brass because they could make up the output the original company couldnt provide
Now that they expanded, uponor cut everyone else and went back to just the pvc.
Bam, minus 4 million a year. Three of those 7 companies are closed now, its only been two months.
They fired half my coworkers, all my temp hire help, i had to solo run three of these buggy, slow motherfuckers and a robotic arm, without any support staff on my shift, so if i had quality problems or had a problem i coulnt fix on my own, i was fucked.

My last day was when i walked in and saw all three machines had the red error lights on, alarms blaring, no parts had been made, and the first shift operator had left at noon
So i handed my door key in and went right the fuck back home

And i got nothing out of a year here, this experience is worthless, because with these machines i never needed to learn g-code, and we uses imperial tooling standards, and obscure qc shit from the 90's
No joke, my qc station was a dos 100mhz 486
>>
File: MichaelEyes.jpg (61KB, 406x480px) Image search: [Google]
MichaelEyes.jpg
61KB, 406x480px
I've used windows 98 cnc, now that was fucking hilarious - programs on floppy drives & ball mouse made me feel like in 90's again top tier kek.
>>
>>58562583
>>mfw I have a masters in Mechanical Engineering and work at a Chipotle

was thinking of going to mechanical engineering.
are you seriously saying there are no jobs in that field? what about auto makers dont they need mechanical engineers?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.