[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question. It may be really stupid, but I'll admit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1482874166310.jpg (124KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482874166310.jpg
124KB, 640x640px
I have a question. It may be really stupid, but I'll admit that I'm not very tech savvy.

How does 4chan even detect ban evasion?

I have a dynamic IP address, and every now and then, I'll try to post and notice that I'm banned for something that I never even posted. It doesn't happen often, but it happens every now and then.

Does 4chan ever catch the people who did that, and if so, how does that work? They didn't clear their cache or something?
>>
>>58559508
>I'll try to post and notice that I'm banned for something that I never even posted.
>I have a dynamic IP address
Sounds like your pool of IPs is popular with your ISP.
>>
>>58559558
I didn't mean that I'm always banned for the same post. I mean, it's various things. Every now and then, I'll get a bad IP address.

I was wondering if those people ever get caught and if so, how? How does 4chan even detect ban evasion?
>>
>>58559622
Some names, tripcodes, images, links, pieces of text etc. are blacklisted.
>>
>>58559704
They would have to be unique images or texts, right? I can't imagine them blacklisting popular images or pastas.
Also, what if people in the thread saved that image, assuming it wasn't anything illegal? Would the filename make a difference? Would they be able to tell if it was the original file, or one that was saved from 4chan?
>>
>>58559752
Side question, how do people on SFW boards like /mu/ or /tv/ get away with posting the same NSFW images with the exact same text? Like a picture of a nude woman with "Thoughts on her body of work?" or some stupid shit like that. Some of those threads go on for almost a hundred posts. Is the moderation just shit? If something is blacklisted, it should automatically get banned, right?

Sorry for being retarded.
>>
>>58559796
If something is blacklisted/otherwise blocked you will get an "Upload Failed" message.

Also reporting DOES work...
>>
>>58559958
I report shit all the time, but it never seems to do anything. I'm a big film buff, and /tv/ is always full of blacked/cuck threads. I always report them, because I don't want to see that shit. I just want to talk about movies, but they almost never get deleted and when they do, they're back in an hour or so.
>>
>>58559508

This might be another way to check for ban evasion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_fingerprint
>>
>>58559796
The pictures are banned on their md5 signature
Even changing a single pixel slightly, gives a whole other md5 signature to that picture. That's how you can get away with posting blacklisted images, until a janitor/mod bans you
>>
>>58559508
Delete your cookies
>>
>>58559508
cid
>>
>>58560159
This is scary
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.