[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Search in Windows 10 LTSB N doesn't find installed apps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: search.png (8KB, 391x639px) Image search: [Google]
search.png
8KB, 391x639px
Search in Windows 10 LTSB N doesn't find installed apps

Same thing on other Windows 10 editions too if you disable Cortana.

Anyone know how to fix this?
>>
Oh sweet no replies I get to be the unhelpful dickhead today.

>Windows 10

Found your symptom

>Windows

Found your root cause

>Suicide or Gentoo

Found your solution
>>
>>58557752

Does Gentoo have Photoshop?
>>
>>58557758
No but it has GIMP which will do 70% of what Photoshop will do with 300% more work.
>>
>>58557735
If that happens, it means you have to search using the .exe file name instead of the "brand name" of the file.

For example, you won't find anything searching "Malwarebytes" but if you type "mbam" you will get the mbam.exe file to pop up

Go into the install directory and see what the photoshop executable file is named
>>
>>58557735
>disables the search engine
>complains the search doesn't show results
Windows 10 users are a special kind of retarded
>>
same thing happened to me some days ago. you just need to rebuild the search index
follow this guide.
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-file-search-indexing-options/
>>
>opens start menu
>types a fairly easy calculation
>"No files found"
>>
File: photoshop.png (10KB, 390x639px) Image search: [Google]
photoshop.png
10KB, 390x639px
>>58557780

Well that works.

Might as well use run then.
>>
>>58557758

An OS doesn't "have" application X. Developers of application X release it for certain OSes.

At the moment no GNU/Linux version of Photoshop is available. It's up to the publishers to release this.

Probably never noing to happen since Adobe get's a shit-ton of money from m$ to not release it for GNU/Linux.
>>
>>58557780
I don't get that.

A normal user will never search fckU.exe, he will search the commercial name. Why doesn't it display the icon name then?
>>
In Windows 7 search was perfect.
In Win 8 it stopped finding .exe files.
In Win 10 it's fucking broken and only finds folders (sometimes) or gives preference to some store shit before your own files.
>>
File: George.jpg (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
George.jpg
105KB, 640x640px
>LTSB N

Good job, you fell for the meme.

There's literally no reason to use it, if you want Win10 just install a regular Enterprise version and run this in PS

Get-AppXPackage | where-object {$_.name –notlike “*store*”} | Remove-AppxPackage

Now you get a Win10 without Metro shit but not bugged to hell and back like LTSB.
>>
>>58557967

This. It's amazing how bad they fucked up with Windows 10.
>>
>>58559062
Good luck running every time you update, retard.
>>
File: file.png (121KB, 406x769px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
121KB, 406x769px
>>58557967
Why not just use Classic Shell? I am running 1511 CBB and removed basically everything cortana related from my system. Seach still works everywhere fine, except in the shitty new start menu.
>>
File: 1461505978247.png (51KB, 209x450px) Image search: [Google]
1461505978247.png
51KB, 209x450px
>>58557735
Fix it by trashing your windows installation
>>
>>58557735

If you disable Cortana who talks dirty to you while Microsoft watches you fap OP?
>>
>>58559152
Store apps don't get reinstalled during updates.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.