[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to be successful in solo app career for iOs or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: vupen-gugq1.jpg (272KB, 500x750px)
vupen-gugq1.jpg
272KB, 500x750px
Is it possible to be successful in solo app career for iOs or android?
By solo means developing everything by self and releasing app to make money.
Is anyone of you involved? Any tips,suggesstion.
>>
>>58554853
I could beat that fag up
>>
>>58554853
Is it possible? Yes. But like anything in life its conditional upon what you write, how talented you are, how knowledgeable you are, how motivated you are, how strategic you are, and how lucky you are.
>>
>>58554853
If you do software only and have no graphic design or UI/UX experience you probably will need to outsource that, and its going to cost a few thousand.
>>
>>58554853
make flappy bird
>>
>>58554907
Well I don't think it's that hard, it's just a matter of making your app not look like shit and then making sure everything works as intended.

Right?
>>
>>58554853
>Is it possible to be successful in solo app career for iOs or android?
I make $5,000/month from app store. I don't work much but you might say I'm successful. I make more than enough for my needs tho.

>By solo means developing everything by self and releasing app to make money.
With the first app I made, I made everything myself... including graphics and icons. Later on I contracted graphics out to a really good designer. But yea, you can do it all yourself even shit you're not good at.

>Is anyone of you involved? Any tips,suggesstion.
hard to give you tips without knowing your aspirations and skill level.
>>
File: det.jpg (63KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
det.jpg
63KB, 720x1080px
>>58554938
For UI/UX Read "The Design of Everyday Things" while its not a book about UI/UX specifically it gives you a good idea about the priciples all design is based around. Its essentially understanding the psychology of how people use things.
Sure, you can make a crappy UI and not have any onboarding to your app (assuming its online) but it will look like shit and people won't want to use it, or you will simply lose potential customers because they don't know how to use it. All because you thought everyone using your app would know how to use it as well as you do.
As far as graphic design goes you esentially have to understand C.R.A.P. principles fully, and not pick a gaudy colorscheme, and if images/pictures are required you pretty much need them from a stock image site.

Also I forgot to mention, if your doing it all yourself to not spend any money, you're out of luck because you're still going to need to pay for advertising assuming you don't have a clever way of marketing it.
>>
>>58554874
>>58554889
>>58554907
>>58554912
>>58554938
So except this fag >>58554991
rest of you are pretty NEET dwellers.
>>
>>58555014
Thanks for reminding. I took it up to read a year ago just for curiosity but gave up halfway since I didn't know what to do after reading that.
>>
>>58554991
I know shell/C/C++/Java
Dropped out of college.
Broke but I have computer , K@R c book, C++ Primer, some java books, Objective C book and most of Computer science course materials. Reading Cormenn these days and implementing those sorting algorithm. I am getting good but fucking don't know how do I go from here to actually make apps and sell it.
>>
>>58555113
My suggestion is to get out there, maybe go to meetups or something, and find somebody with skills that compliment your own to build an app with. Doing it all yourself is difficult, and its good when you have somebody to throw ideas around with.
>>
>>58555113
Well, I was not much different from you. I graduated with a CS degree from a shitty school and had hard time finding steady jobs. Ended up doing web shit on various freelance websites.

I knew Java fairly well so I built some Android app but selling Android apps is fucking hard. I ended up putting ads and making it free but that made me $12/month. I'm not kidding. That's how much I was making in 2014. I think I put 150hrs into an app and wasn't making even enough to pay for my internet let alone pay for my rent.

I then got a book on Obj-C and learned that in around 30 days and was making my first Obj-C app as I was reading books and doing tutorials.

I basically looked at top 100 PAID apps in the App Store and decided to copy one of them and make some changes. That actually worked out well and I started making $20/day a week after it hit the store.

My advice is to learn Swift instead of Obj-C. It's much easier and resembles C# a lot. Stanford has god-tier, free, iOS and Swift course here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lRx1zoriPo

You can become a pro in fucking no time. Follow my recipe.. find an app in top 100 that interest you, copy it, make it your own.

Got more questions? I'm about to go to bed so let me know quick.
>>
If you end up writing the next flappy bird then yeah it's totally possible. That Vietnamese guy is set for life.

But I think a huge percentage of apps never get installed or the install count is tiny.
>>
>>58554853
That's TheGrugq btw the dude who brokers 0day
https://twitter.com/thegrugq

As for solo yes sure if people use your app. You can also just apply to TopTal or numerous other places that hire remote iOS/Android devs and work there and do your app side project(s)
>>
>>58555341
Except he lived in Vietnam where Nintendo was unable to sue him, and discontinued his own game anyway just to avoid problems with the Viet govt.

If you were Joe T American and made flappy bird you would owe Nintendo so much money that your net wealth would be -10,000,000
>>
>>58555322
thanks that really gave me enough light to start focusing. I will start swift.
>>
>>58555571
good luck. it's not fucking hard to make some money and dig yourself out of the hole.

just do that Stanford course. that instructor/professor is top notch. no wonder Stanford costs so much.
>>
>>58554853
I'm developing apps for ios and android alone, it's totally do-abled. The thing is, you need good design/ergonomy, cause after 15 seconds of use, the user know if he likes it or not
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.