[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone "pass" their programming classes but have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1484505820093.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1484505820093.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
Wondering if there are any B or C students here that pass their programming courses but lack understanding of basics and see it screws you over as you progress through your courses. AND not say anything because by the time you are in X course you are suppose to know Y and it'll be a joke if you don't and exposed as a fraud.

If this is you, how do you pass programming assignments and test?
>>
Did this a lot for EE. Basically memorized the methodology for solving problems and did well on exams. Graduated high honors and doing well at a defense contractor. So Idk if you're good enough at faking it you can still do a lot if stuff. A lot of the time the full understanding came later, especially on the job
>>
>>58554075
Stack Overflow
>>
Depends. Never really ran into this, although it gets significantly easier if you have a better understanding than what the class actually requires. That being said, though, my only reference in terms of there being a "gap" was a really shit-tier "Intro to Computer Science" python class, and then a whole class on C# using winforms.

I can say for absolute certain that 1 class was a shitfest due to the professor, not students misunderstanding the content.

>do a bunch of required assignments
>no guidelines aside from "do it"
>only thing that ever was graded was the midterm assessment
>goes entirely against the course description
>still passed, no clue how well I actually did on anything else
>>
>>58554075
define major gaps

google the shit out of named major gaps

???

Profit
>>
Doing a programming book during breaks, like a new language during winter break (Python), then doing some framework (like django) during summer

Then you have enough to work on a side project

For interviews/fundamentals practice, cracking the code interview book

was literally a B/C student for first few years here
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.