[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck do they get the minerals to make PC's? Right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1477265565682.png (573KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1477265565682.png
573KB, 1106x1012px
Where the fuck do they get the minerals to make PC's?
Right now there are 200,000 people browsing this site, each with their own computer. Where the fuck do they get the minerals for all those?
>>
>>58553326
Pretty much the computer
>mainly which one you get
is mostly mostly metal, metalliods, plastic
>>
>>58553326
really makes u think
>>
From the earth I suppose
>>
>>58553326

Any of the rare earth minerals you have in your PC probably come from China.
>>
>>58553373
shouldn't we be like using them for like space y'know
>>
File: Friedman,Milton.jpg (10KB, 191x275px) Image search: [Google]
Friedman,Milton.jpg
10KB, 191x275px
They mine them out of the ground, tardmo.

Silicon is incredibly abundant. The process of growing the pure silicon rods they use for microprocessor fab is super interesting.

We dig up all sorts of metals from the ground, like iron, aluminum, gold, tin, etc. The PCBs our shit is built with use polymers, which are derived from the petroleum industry.

This post reminds me of Milton Friedman's lecture on markets and domain knowledge of producing goods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnY0RznyRQM
>>
>>58553326
We didn't start extracting natural resources yesterday, anon...
>>
Watch the discovery channel.

What really makes you think is you see how hard it is to get gold and such yet everything has gold in it
>>
>>58553587
You can get gold at the pawn shop lol.
>>
>>58553557
>yesterday

What about last year? Or the year before? Or the year before the year before the year before the current year?

When exactly did we start?
>>
>>58553437

You say "we", but decisions over how Earth's resources are utilized is not a "we" thing. Only the Chinese get to decide how they want the rare earth minerals on their side of the world get used. They have elected to sell them on the open market, and the purchasers have decided to use them mostly in electronics. They'll likely continue to do so until consumers stop buying said electronics, or rare earth minerals become prohibitively expensive for this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.