[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

first year university student leaning Java because have to, would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: cpp.png (62KB, 1385x1557px) Image search: [Google]
cpp.png
62KB, 1385x1557px
first year university student leaning Java because have to, would like to do c++ for the likes of messing around with making kernel and such. am i better off just getting java down or having a bit of a play with c++ as well?
>>
>>58552957

> java is lame lmao
>>
>>58552982
Yeah i know but i have no choice its the chosen language for my degree.
>>
>>58552982
you have 30 years to write a kernel in Java that performs as well as a debug build of OpenBSD
pro-tip: you literally can't
>>
>>58553012
oh yeah. i'm aware of the limitations within Java i should of been more specific with my question. am i better off just focusing on one language or should i start to try and do a bit in c++ now just fun?
>>
>>58553090
What's stopping you from learning both?
>>
>>58553121
nothing, just course if i'm better off being mediocre at one be for i start the other..
>>
>>58553163
Don't be a fag and just use PHP
>>
>>58553205
wut? how are PHP and C++ the same??
>>
>>58552957
nice blogpost.

better to just play videogames
>>
>>58552957

Go ahead and learn C and/or C++. You're not exactly going to be touching kernel programming for a while (there's a lot of background knowledge about computer architecture that you're gonna need to know first), but the language itself is helpful to know, especially if you want to go looking into the implementations of a lot of libraries, language interpreters, etc...

>>58553211

They aren't. Recommending you to use PHP for anything, even basic web development, is bad advice.
>>
>>58552957
learn programming,
language matters less than you think

theyve all got fucked up quirks in one way or another but basic data structures & algorithms are extremely similar or literally exactly the same in most languages
>>
>>58552957
youre better off if you can follow your passions in life and make enough money to do okay
>>
>>58553949
>PHP is bad
Care to tell me an alternative that isn't cgi, go or node.js?
>>
>>58552957
What's the first initial of your school?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.