[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

've just got a Moto G4 Play and discovered the bootloader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

've just got a Moto G4 Play and discovered the bootloader is locked so I can't flash TWRP. My phone also isn't eligible for the bootloader to be unlocked either. (WHAT THE FUCK)

How can I root my phone so I can use the TWRP app to flash Lineage OS?
>>
You go outside and get a job.
>>
>>58546588
wtfff
>>
gonna have to wait for somebody to find an exploit
>>
>>58546803
Do I seriously have to return the phone?
What the actual fuck.

Can't I root it without using the bootloader?
>>
>>58546567
Return phone and get one that respecks your freedoms

Maybe spluge for one without software buttons
>>
>>58546818
>Can't I root it without using the bootloader?
Yeah but that's a one way ticket to brick town.
>>
File: evil.jpg (34KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
evil.jpg
34KB, 292x257px
>>58546567
You could, I don't know... ask somewhere that knows a fuck about rooting phones?

Time to give the dumbass his dumbass lunch for the day: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4-play

google next time... and why the fuck do people think 4chan is the best place to ask for advice? lol.
>>
Shady as fuck, but might work:

1. get kingoroot (not kingroot). probably chinese botnet, you can get rid of it later.
2. get "rashr - flash tool" from play store
3. get the rom you want to flash, use the flash tool to flash it.
>>
Gentoo doesn't have this problem
>>
>>58546907
kingroot requires an unlocked bootloader :(

>>58546897
I get a quicker response here
I checked XDA, nothing helpful if you can't get your bootloader unlocked.

>>58546846
I might return it.

Recommend me an alternative with the same budget and without useless shit like finger print scanners
>>
>>58546567
Simple, stop buying stolen phones
>>
>>58547261
>kingroot requires an unlocked bootloader

>1. get kingoroot (not kingroot)
>king[O]root
>(not kingroot)

why are people like you allowed to use the internet anyway?
>>
>>58547429
> LOL TYPO CAUSE ON PHONE

no fuckernutter. Typo cause you cant be assed to read half a sentence before hitting send.
>>
>>58546567
Stop being a cuck and get a Nexus, not locked-down normie phone.
>>
>>58547429
Kingoroot is a retarded name anyway
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.