[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have empty SSD plugged in, DVD with Windows 10 Edu on desk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: win10joke.jpg (39KB, 700x367px) Image search: [Google]
win10joke.jpg
39KB, 700x367px
I have empty SSD plugged in, DVD with Windows 10 Edu on desk and paranoia from /g/ talking about Win 10.

However, I also have PC at work that runs Win 10 (Pro) and I didnt ran into all those problems people report here so far - no setting

resets, no ads after I disabled "suggestions", no apps reinstalling themselves after I got rid of them, very fast searching after I

disabled Cortana and her web searching. It required setting up things in Group Policy, tho, I wont lie that it was like that right out of

the box.

More than that, whenever I ask about those things OUTSIDE of /g/, Im getting told "stop listening to everything /g/ tells you" as if they

know where I found those revelations. Few times I asked some curious anons here to actually test Win 10 activity and they didnt found

anything more than was was already described by MS, among other places in https://technet.microsoft.com/en-

us/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

And especially no traces of infamous screenshoots packages that russian hackers were presenting on their "preview version" videos.

That makes me really think and I ask this question:

Memes aside, could it be that I was just trolled by /g/? Is this one big meme from "Free Software" guys?
>>
Win 10 is totally okay.
It has its problems like the stupid new settings menus that have the new design but lack functionality and only make the real settings (which are taken from Vista directly) harder to find, the IMHO worse (than 7) start menu and the failing sleep mode on my laptop (stays on, but in a broken state, black screen, needs reset).
It's not perfect but its by far not as shitty as osx
>>
>>58533567

From my work experiences and laptop experiences with Win 8.1, I consider this a direct improvement, yet not as intuitive as Win7 Im posting from right now.

But it have 6 years and is already partially broken (like Windows Update that had to be turned off after failed attempts to fix it manually since it was freezing in the background and eating whole 1 core of CPU).

Plus, Edu comes without Cortana already and with no suggestions at all (MS specify that Edu is Enterprise with adjustements for uni orientated users, hence the disabled Cortana or non invasive Shop).

Not to mention that Im living in Poland and MS likes to forget we even exist.
>>
So it is true - I was memed?
>>
>>58534781
/g/ is full of fucking meme spouting circle jerking retards that tell you to install gentoo.

I learned it the hard way after buying a few of /g/'s recommendations, all of which were shit.
>>
>>58534835

Last time I was told to install Solus, but I get the picture.
>>
>>58533464
windows 10 will spy on you
but you're probably not important enough for it to matter
whether or not you feel comfortable with it is up to you
>>
>>58534895

The whole deal is that I dont consider "spying" the things that were described in link from OP and which I couldnt disable according to instructions. And said anons from /g/ didnt report anything extra that would not be mentioned.

Which is why I called it "meme". As if most people didnt even care enough to even dig deeper.

Which is strange - basically people can configure various Linux distros and suddenly cant set up Windows? Its not like Group Policies are somewhat "hacker stuff".
>>
If you have a bunch of legacy programs/hardware and or pirated programs, stick to 7. If youre just browsing the web and dont need to support much, win 10 is fine.

Sure theres occasional updates that break things and driver problems with 10 but win 7 updates are no better at this point (but at least they can be disabled).
>>
>>58533464
Fuck you you retarded nigger.

Do they have a button which I can press to stop ALL my data from getting finger fucked?
No?

Then fuck off with your windows 10 botnet
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.