[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There actually isn't a /sqt/ somehow so forgive me for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 460656_979757_08_front_zoom.jpg (214KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
460656_979757_08_front_zoom.jpg
214KB, 1000x1000px
There actually isn't a /sqt/ somehow so forgive me for making a new thread.
I am torn between these two laptops available at microcenter:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/460656/ROG_ZX50VW-MS71_156_Gaming_Laptop_Computer_-_Black
or
http://www.microcenter.com/product/454788/Omen_15-5113dx_156_Laptop_Computer_Refurbished_-_Black?ob=1&rf=Search+Results
The ASUS is $750, and the HP is an open box refurb for $662.
Specs wise they're almost on par - the HP has a 4720HQ and the ASUS has a 6700HQ, but benchmarks look like the 4720 actually performs better.
The HP is almost $100 cheaper, and I would have to buy an SSD for the ASUS so the difference will work out to more like $200.
They both have a 960m, I have a powerhouse desktop, this laptop will be used as a portable production machine and VJing/projection mapping/etc. The GPU is good enough for what I need it to do.
My big issue is the HP has 8gb SOLDERED ram... so no upgrading... where the ASUS has 8 and can upgrade to 32. This really irks me but part of me wants to say by the time I <really> can't get by on 8gb ram, I also won't get by with a 960m anymore...
So do I go cheaper, get about the same performance now and get stuck down the line RAM-wise? Or go with the ASUS and be able to upgrade my RAM, but have a 960m anyways which will also go obsolete at some poin5? Again I have a desktop for heavy lifting.
Losing my mind here and want to grab one of these today. Thanks /g/!
>>
>>58533213
>gayming laptop

Just kill yourself.
>>
>>58533213
I'd go with the Asus. You're probably right that by the time you need more than 8GB RAM your 960m is going to be obsolete but on the off chance that the 960m still performs well into the future you'll want that option to have more RAM. Plus, what if something goes wrong with your RAM? I'd much rather swap cartridges than deal with soldered.
>>
How would I go about partitioning my 16GB USB so that it could act as an installer/liveCD for multiple operating systems?

i.e.
>partition 1 = Windows
>partition 2 = Ubuntu
>partition 3 = Arch
>partition 4 = Crunchbang
>>
>>58533213
buy both
/thread
>>
>>58533213
>it's too hard to make an /sqt/ thread
an hero
>>
How to get MATLAB on Linux for free.
>>
>>58533561
Ask on /sqt/
>>58533664
>>
>>58533213
Don't make a non /sqt/ with /sqt/ in the title. Either laptop will work, but bear in mind that any 9xx card is massively gimped compared to the 1060.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.