[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2009 >New hardware comes out online >Cool-ass HD555

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: best-buy-fire-sale.jpg (229KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
best-buy-fire-sale.jpg
229KB, 1280x800px
>2009
>New hardware comes out online
>Cool-ass HD555 Headphones
>Oh shit, hey might get that at some point
>Look it up online a month or so later
>Best Buy has it
>Go buy it in person at a decent price

>2016
>New hardware comes out
>OH COOL
>Check to see if I can get it locally anywhere
>Fucking nowhere
>Best Buy doesn't have it
>Only has high-profit memebrand equipment now
>Look to see if anyone else has it retail
>Fucking NO ONE

The fuck happened to brick and mortar retail stores? Are we only catering to the lowest of the common denominators of humanity, here? How long before we replace Sandisk SD cards with MEMEDISK ULTRA DANK by SNOOP SD cards?
>>
Best Buy is the worst at this shit. Rocketfish was the first nail in the coffin. Around 2011-ish, they systematically removed any $10 HDMI cable and only sold Monster and Rocketfish cables at $25 minimum.
These days they do sell a cheapo one for $10 or so, but it was only after tons of online complaints and losses in sales over them because people were just buying five-packs on Amazon for chump change.
If you want headphones in person and don't mind the price-hike, go to Guitar Center.
>>
>>58531238
You can't go anywhere and buy tech anymore. It's all ordered online if you want anything good. Sad, yeah, but that's how it is.
>>
>>58531238
>The fuck happened to brick and mortar retail stores?
Profits.

Best Buy has the policy that if you find a product they sell for lower than their cost, they will match the price.

Sounds good, doesn't it? Until you get into serial numbers. I was denied a $100 price-cut on a 280X years back becuase apparently the variation at Best Buy was made FOR Best Buy and wasn't sold anywhere else online or retail, anywhere.

Also, notice they only sell the Nvidia and AMD-branded videocards now. It's all about maximizing profit. They do this shit so you can't price-match.
>>
I haven't stepped into a Best buy now to actually buy something for a while. Only return really. I buy it online, if its not what I want then I return. Fuck them and not keeping shit in stock.

I buy shit on Amazon now mainly, only if it's cheap enough that I won't mind if I can't return it. Even though I did actually return a Blu phone to them with no issue.
>>
>>58531311
microcenter is pretty good still except cables
>>
>>58531493
>microcenter

If you live near one of the three that exist.
>>
>>58531515
Yeah I live like 20 minutes away from one.
>>
File: 1460619497238.png (452KB, 841x763px) Image search: [Google]
1460619497238.png
452KB, 841x763px
>>58531493
>>58531515
>>58531532

>yfw I live near two

(^:
>>
>>58531472
The last time I went to a best buy

"Can I help you find anything?"
Nope, just here because I'm bored and on my lunch break.
"...o..ok."

I'd like to think no one actually goes there to buy anything, they just buy shit in passing. God forbid you buy a laptop there unless the stars and planets aligned somehow to allow the one you actually want to be in stock there for some reason.
>>
>>58531553
>2 in Atlanta
>2 in DC
>0 in Richmond
>ZERO
>IN
>RICHMOND

You know, the OTHER DC?
>>
>>58531595
Well, you can always order from them.

I buy 90% of the shit I buy through Prime these days, but I did drop like $4.5k building my latest machine at microcenter.

All in all, I spent about $400 more than if I would have gone purely through Amazon, but I definitely like supporting the store itself, and the feeling of picking out parts at an actual brick and mortar (with an actual selection) will never get old. Plus, it was very useful when I exchanged a few things, such as SSDs, RAM, and GPUs for slightly better ones after I realized I wanted to do a little better than what I had.

MicroCenter's return policy is best in class, too.
>>
>>58531238
>The fuck happened to brick and mortar retail stores?
Online shopping

>Are we only catering to the lowest of the common denominators of humanity, here?
Yes

>How long before we replace Sandisk SD cards with MEMEDISK ULTRA DANK by SNOOP SD cards?
How long until release?
>>
>>58531553
GSU/GT?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.