[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I find this quote unfair to windows. It's not just cheaper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: linux.png (13KB, 477x346px) Image search: [Google]
linux.png
13KB, 477x346px
I find this quote unfair to windows. It's not just cheaper in time to have windows, its also impossible to run linux since it doesn't have most third party software people need. If you are not an autistic shit and disable the spy services, you have no privacy issues either.
>>
File: propiatary.png (141KB, 512x307px) Image search: [Google]
propiatary.png
141KB, 512x307px
>>58517402
>>
>>58517402
>If you are not an autistic shit and disable the spy services, you have no privacy issues either.

Getting raped in the ass isn't so bad if you use lube!
>>
The free windows 10 upgrade took more time than any linux install.
>>
>>58517402
>implying anyone without autism cares

Look at how many people just use phones with default setting. All Windows 10 did was bring that model to PCs.
>>
>>58517402
Tools like wget and ssh are harder to get on Windows than on Linux. Other than games and Office, I've never run into anything that I couldn't use Linux for, and LibreOffice does everything that I needed Office for.

This argument ignores the fact that most people only use their computers for web browsing and music/media consumption.
>>
>>58518457
Holy motherfucking shitballs this, It took nearly eight hours for me on a fucking SSD. That installation's gone now though, something utterly fucked the network stack and when I reinstalled I just left it with 7 with updates disabled.
>>
>>58518457
check your machine dude
something's wrong with it obviously if it took so long
>>
>>58519114
No. The Windows 10 installation will progress to about 85% in the preparing phase and then sit there for hours, then once it finishes that the rest of the installation takes another hour or so.
>>
>>58519201
took me about 20 minutes or so, I don't even remember because it just werkt
>>
>>58517402
>It's not just cheaper in time to have windows
let's bite. why this?
>>
>>58517402
Long time ago I had a friend with autism and he was all day hiting on things, he was a perfectionist and had a very good functioning brain despesite his autism. One day I enter in his autistic room, it was full of crap mountains of paper rolls (only good knows what happened in there) and full off autistic consoles. He was siting in front of his computer with his cool windows 7 OS and I said to him "why you dont try linux its for autistic persons like you" so I took my usb device and pluged it in then he performed a reboot and the magic happened.
Some days later that guy was sitting in front of my house door asking me if he could get that usb and I said to him "fuck of you pice of shit" he responded with "I will do what ever you say to me" that was his grave.
I used his autistic power to hack into one of the bigest banks and then tranfered money tool shell accounts so they couldnt trace me, then I had one las thing to do, his autism was rly great but not enought to what happened next. He learned alot about linux but had one last leason to learn, os I proceded to tech him the grain comand, I said to him "Mike we need to perform a sudo rm -R /" he said "whats that he said" so he executes it and notices what it does, tries to safe his computer but its to late he knows it and does the only thing that his brain enables him to do. Jumps out of the window and dies.
>>
I get better frame rates in CSGO with Windows

And believe me I've tried to optimize Linux but the performance just isn't there.
>>
>>58517402
The only thing that affects me as a fellow windows user is that I hate the design of windows.

uhh.. metro.
>>
>>58517402
>Windows 10 is free if your personal data is worthless
>>
>>58517402
It sounds to me like you are buttmad because I use Linux and don't have any problems as a result. It supports all the software I need and more. I spend far less time messing with my OS compared to OS X or Windows where I have to constantly fight the OS to perform tasks which would be effortless on Linux.
>>
>>58518457
So? You only need to do it once. Windows isn't a lifetime of distrohopping where you need to reinstall every 2 weeks.
>>
>>58517402
>install fresh windows 7
>quad core mobile i7
>3.8 ghz all cores
>updater services broken
>chip melts through 3 floors and kills a baby dead
>go to prison forever
My time is worthless.
>>
Windows is worthless.
Best witty comeback I could muster on short notice. My time is valuable.
>>
>>58518319
>Getting raped in the ass isn't so bad if you prevent it from happening

totally agreed
>>
>>58518457
I can install like five Linux distros in the time it takes to install Visual Studio.
>>
>>58517402
>impossible to run linux since it doesn't have most third party software people need.
Tell that to the milliois of people who run linux daily.
>>
>>58520276
You have to do it at least once every four years, because that's how long a computer lasts these days.
>>
>>58520276
the entire procedure repeats itself everytime the OS thinks it needs to install an update.
>>
>>58520406
New computers are shipped with windows 10 already anon...
>>58520448
No
>>
>>58520472
>New computers are shipped with windows 10 already anon...
Yeah and Windows 10 is trash.
>>
>>58520347
There's still a horny, fully erect nigger in your room waiting for you to let your guard down so he get ram your ass. Just like Microsoft is waiting for you to install and update that change your settings.
>>
>>58517402
>put linux on flash drive with rufus
>install - everything works

>windows on flash drive with windows tm usb downloader (C)
>install - need drivers - need windows libraries - need huge updates
>this requires time to search for drivers, sitting around with slow windows updates, you need each library '09-current
>>
>>58520707
Depends on the hardware in both cases. With my hardware, both OS work out of the box.
>>
>>58520707
>he doesn't know how to make a Windows Live CD

I think that sums up this board nicely. People who go on and on about Linux don't know much about technology, yet they insist on posting on a technology board. Dunning Kruger at it's finest.
>>
>>58521316
Yeah, I'm sure all the Windows users on this board are real professionals
>>
>>58520078
Nah you still gotta pay for it senpai
>>
>>58517402
It installs twice faster than windows. Instead of individually downloading my programs online, I install them with a script. EXT4 is twice faster than NTFS.

Tell how much time I'm wasting again?
>>
>>58517402
>windows doesn't take time to install
>windows doesn't have issues that require troubleshooting
>windows doesn't have driver problems(just try using an old printer on Windows 10)

etc... Linux has a lot of front-loaded work but you don't need to keep fixing it over and over like with Windows.
>>
>>58517402
Hey, mind asking your boss if I can start shilling too?
>>
>>58517402
I also find that quote unfair to windows because windows is expensive regardless of what your time is worth
>>
>>58517402
uninstalling adware >isn't a waste of time?
>>
>>58517402
no the quote would be true if youre half-retarded or very incompetent, but most people with decent critical thinking skills can solve any issues assuming they occur at all.
>>
>>58521631
The ones that praise Linux certainly aren't, as shown by their lack of knowledge. They're just hipsters by another name.
>>
>>58517402
Most people only use their computers for web browsing, music, and word processing/spreadsheets.

"Gaming" is only important to fat neckbeard virgins who want to turn their computer into an overpriced gaming console.

Considering these facts, Linux actually wastes less of the average person's time than Windows does with its mandatory updates/restarts and shit, as you can do all of the above (web browsing and shit) without configuring anything or even using the terminal once.

>muh disable updates and spyware
What the fuck, I thought Windows was supposed to "just work?" For the average person who just web browses and stuff, it doesn't work, because the operating system gets in the way of their work.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.