[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 38

File: ufhg.jpg (68KB, 655x753px) Image search: [Google]
ufhg.jpg
68KB, 655x753px
>>
Is there a config option in mpv to make 6.1 into stereo so I can watch a movie with my headphones without the voices being barely audible?
>>
>The Akonadi personal information management service is not operational.
How do I fix this? Happened after some recent update or something.
>>
I spilled some coffee on my laptop keyboards and one of the keys stopped working. I took the key off, cleaned the insides with alcohol on a cotton swab, but the key is still not working. Is there anything else I could try, or is it dead for good?
>>
I did "audio-channels=stereo" in mpv.conf, but voices are still much lower than the environment.

Dafuq is this shit?
>>58513443
>>
>>58513664
That's what happens when people try to force cross-platform. ALSA or pulseaudio on n*x can do it, but Windows has a completely different set of audio APIs, most of which are undocumented so players which want to run on Windows need to impliment their own mixing like MPC-HC does (unless LAVfilters takes over).
>>
After I change something in my BIOS my computer gives out the no power error and I sometimes have to disconnect extra disks/drives in order for it to boot successfully. Once it has, I can shut down, reconnect the drives and boot with no problem.

What's going wrong? Is the cmos battery dead?
>>
File: Pepe_aec9d7_5425540.jpg (82KB, 667x960px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_aec9d7_5425540.jpg
82KB, 667x960px
Guys will using a DDR4 2400mhz work properly on a motherboard that only supports 2133mhz? it's a B150m Night Elf btw, just a $450 setup for the kiddies.
>>
How can I find out if the Dell LGA775 mobo that came with a Pentium D can support a Core 2 Quad?
>>
>>58513828
Yes but it will be capped to the mobo speed.
>>
>>58513837
If it matches the socket it will work.
>>
>>58513838
So I don't need to go into the bios or something? Something similar happened to me back in 11', had the Mobo that only supported DDR3-1066mhz and I tried to place a DDR3-1333mhz but didn't recognized it.
>>
>>58513425
Hello. I would like to use a video player that supports AC3 audio. MX player seems fuck'd.

The botnet fone I'm using is a galaxy A7 2016 and not sure what Codec to use.

The fone sports a Kernel arch. of armv8l and MX only deployed Arm7 and Arm7 Neon.

Any alternatives perhaps?
>>
>>58513850
It should automatically underclock itself.
>>
Is a standing desk worth it or is it just a bullshit meme like 'toxin'-cleansing foot baths?

I can't imagine it'd be enjoyable for fapping at all unless I blew all my money on one of the motorized adjustable ones.
>>
>>58513850
It's automatic. I use a 1866 DDR3 on a 1600 capped H97 board.

Max speed is still 1600.
>>
>>58513847
So even the LGA socket that first came out with the Pentium 4 will work with the top end Quad?
>>
can you hook up 3 displays to a gtx 1050 ti?
>>
File: 1463345268728.jpg (8KB, 291x235px) Image search: [Google]
1463345268728.jpg
8KB, 291x235px
From other thread.

When plugging my phone in through USB, it won't show even a quarter of the stuff on my SD card.
I'm guessing this is down to the card being 64GB. Would the issue be to do with the USB cable or the driver or something?

Using a OnePlus X. The microSD card used in an adaptor works fine, but when through USB it doesn't work.
>>
>>58513674
You appear to be correct. I even tried with VLC using this guide:
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=91355

On Linux everything is just... flawless.
>>
>>58513903
It does depend on the chipset slightly, some architecture won't work so you'll need to either get a copy of the motherboard manual or make sure it's the same size.
I don't think it will support anything of 45nm or smaller.
>>
>>58513923
Yeah.
>>
>>58513923
go nuts.
>>
>>58513903
Your north bridge (the chipset of your motherboard) will dictate which processors are compatible.
>>
I have a problem with the audio when I open Premiere Pro or Lightroom and in some other programs as well. I have an Acer Aspire V nitro with dolby sound and dolby turns off when I open these programs. Is there a way I can somehow fix this? Maybe even buying external soundcard or something (tried looking through setting ddidn't really find anything)
>>
The following application is going to be REMOVED:
"System Tray"

It never gets removed though. What gives?

openSUSE Tumbleweed btw.
>>
My mouse sometimes jumps halfway across the screen and has inconsistent tracking speed - sometimes it barely moves the cursor at all. I'm using it on my desk bare, and when I tried a mousepad it made it worse.

Is it time to replace it? Cleaning the area around the sensor doesn't seem to do much.
>>
What's the most reliable brand for a cheap 1 TB hard drive? My Toshiba is shitting the bed
>>
I just installed Linux Mint Cinammon, I can't find a setting that lets me lock the screen after a certain ammount of time, and Google isn't helping. Does anyone know how to activate screen lock?
>>
>samsung galaxy s5 klte
>cyanogenmod12
>update twrp
>get open gapps for cm14
>try to update to cm14
>still not booting after 10min
am i just not patience enough or am i doing something wrong?
>>
>>58513863
>>58513869
Thank you based senpais
>>
I was trying to learn about filesystems for my NAS (deciding between ext4 or NTFS for the non-os-hdd) when I started to read about F2FS and XFS.

Can someone help me understanding what owuld be better or some place to learn about it? Thanks in advance, anons.
>>
>>58514283
HGST consistently have the lowest failure rates.
https://www.backblaze.com/b2/hard-drive-test-data.html
>>
>>58513425
Whats up with that power socket?
Its not the usual USA design I think,
>>
I got a hand-me-down laptop from a cousin and I checked the specs and well http://www.notebookreview.com/notebookreview/hp-pavilion-ze2000-review-pics-specs/

There no best. I'm wondering what I can do with this laptop. Is there any chance I can get it to run MGSV, I'll be fine with just crysis too.
>>
Is it worth paying 4100 euro for a full course to get red hat certification (rhcsa) 1 and 2 or should I just pay for the exams which will cost 550 and give myself a crash course there's really nothing on there I'm not comfortable with 4k seems steep for a piece of paper though, is the piece of paper worth it? It's really only a c.v talking point kind of really
>>
>>58514582
someone has put black marker on it, it's the normal NA one
>>
>>58514553
>HGST
is that the same as Hitachi?
>>
What's the ASCII keycode for Σ?
>>
>>58514656
Yeah it's Hitachi Global Storage Technologies.
>>
I have Intel G41 Express Chipset onboard graphics, and right now opening even games like FTL makes me lag like shit.

Is there a way to increase the chipset's performance? Am I supposed to download any complementary drivers/software for it to work better?

If anything, the MoBo is a Zotac G41, and the CPU is an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200.
>>
File: tumblr_mbrrtto3iw1rh46aao1_400.png (116KB, 319x296px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbrrtto3iw1rh46aao1_400.png
116KB, 319x296px
should I learn how to use docker?
>>
>>58514549
ext4: basic, stable, werks, use this if you can't decide otherwise
ntfs: works in windows, relatively cpu-heavy in linux due to ntfs3g being a FUSE driver
f2fs: designed for ssd's/flash drives
xfs: really solid, good for large file storage, can't be shrunk
>>
I'm trying to create a PL/SQL procedure to display information about a given country in a table and I keep getting a generic "Compilation unit analysis terminated" error. Anyone know where i'm fucking up with this?

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE country_demographics
(p_countryName in countries.country_name%TYPE := country_name, Customrecord1 out record_country_demographics)
IS
CURSOR cur_countries is
SELECT COUNTRY_NAME, LOCATION, CAPITOL, POPULATION, AIRPORTS, CLIMATE
FROM countries
WHERE countries.country_name = p_countryName;
BEGIN
OPEN cur_countries;
select COUNTRY_NAME, LOCATION, CAPITOL, POPULATION, AIRPORTS, CLIMATE into Customrecord1
from COUNTRIES
where countries.country_name = p_countryName;
CLOSE cur_countries;
EXCEPTION
when NO_DATA_FOUND then
DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line ('This country does not exist!');
END;
>>
>>58514936
i'd say it's one of those things where if the description doesn't make you want to use it, you probably don't need it
>>
>>58514996
Okay, I understood a lot more thanks to that. So let me clarify for asking again.

I was wondering if I could go F2FS for an eMMC card since it looks designed for that kind of storage.

I decided I will go ext4 on the 3TB disk since it would go on the NAS, and probably put a XFS partition for movies since some of them can reach the 40GB.

Am I wrong on something? Thanks agian anon
>>
>>58514668
huh weird it's not working for me
should be 228
>>
should i reset bios after changing a psu?
>>
>>58514782
bump
>>
>>58515300
i don't think it's needed
>>
>>58515078
>F2FS for an eMMC
that's exactly what it's designed for
>ext4 on the 3TB disk since it would go on the NAS, and probably put a XFS partition for movies
sounds good
>>
>>58515349
Thanks for confirming it anon, you helped me a lot.
>>
File: amazon-s3-icon1.png (11KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
amazon-s3-icon1.png
11KB, 400x300px
>>58513425
What's the best interface for working in Amazon S3? it's just for archiving personal shit but the web interface is ridiculously slow.

Surely there must be more to life?
>>
If I reset my CMOS what are the chances that my computer won't boot again?
>>
File: Notch.png (128KB, 210x369px) Image search: [Google]
Notch.png
128KB, 210x369px
I'm trying to install the .Net Framework 3.5 on my windows 8 computer, but it won't download, so I get Error code: 0x800F0906. Since I don't have windows 8 pro, I can't use group policy editor. So then I tried installing .Net 3.5 from the installation disk (in my case the usb I used to install windows 8) by using DISM. But then I get Error: 14028, no matter where I put the /sources/sxs folders.
SO THEN, I downloaded a security update, as that's what Microsoft is telling me to do. But when I run the EXE, it just pops up for a millisecond, and then it goes away.

Is there an easier way of installing this fucking framework? Pls help /g/
>>
>>58515402
1%
>>
>>58515434
I won't be risking that then.
Already got nearly 40k hours on the mobo.
>>
I was given a computer case that has more fans than my current build.

There are 2 CPU fan headers and 3 case fan headers on my mobo.

There are 7 fans in the case. Would it be safe to run a splitter for the non CPU fans? Is there a better way to do this?
>>
What makes a hard disk live longer, spinning it up when you need it or having it spinning for as long as the PC is on?
>>
File: asianbabe110.jpg (47KB, 521x293px) Image search: [Google]
asianbabe110.jpg
47KB, 521x293px
Guys really need help here, I have a Z170 that I'm preparing to update with the Kaby Lake Bios Update. My only concern is if I do the update, and let's say the power goes out or if the CMOS battery gets removed, will the BIOS Update revert or will it stay there unless overwritten? Thanks in advance desu.
>>
File: oBPOIFmB.jpg (146KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
oBPOIFmB.jpg
146KB, 1080x1920px
why am i getting this message whenever i try to post from my phone?
>>
>>58515768
Because posting from your ISP,IP range, or country has been blocked due to abuse. 4chan Pass users can bypass this block.
>>
>>58513425
Is there any way to make Inspect Element permanent on remote site? (without applying custom css because that would take a lot of time)
I need to change a lot of HTML content just css so it would be so much easier if I could have somehow the browser remember or save my inspect element changes
>>
>>58515524
You can get a hub. A fan controller can adjust the speed of them individually, if you care.
>>
Where I can get a legit Windows 7 iso? I remember it used to be posted all over here but I can't find on archivers
>>
>>58515803
Thank you, i didnt realize there was a difference between hubs and controllers! was trying to avoid taking a drive bay.
>>
>>58515768
That can happen when either your IP refreshed to one that's been spamming the chan and was blocked, when a country organizes a raid/massive spamming and gets blocked from posting, or people from your ISP do any of the above.
>>
>>58515733
No BIOS is flash memory, non-volatile.
>>
>>58515835
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
https://archive.is/McXg8

the first link isn't working for me so try the second one
>>
>>58515851
alright thanks!

is there any real way of bypassing it without buying a 4chan pass?
>>
>>58515430
pls respond
>>
>>58515958
Try refreshing your IP, or use a Proxy/VPN and switch to another country
>>
Got a new hard disk, Hitachi Ultrastar.
I don't know whether it's loud, or whether the head is grinding on the platter.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1wuSNWQ1DDK

Is it just a loud HDD or is something wrong?
>>
>>58515977
okay thanks man!
>>
>>58515920
thanks anon
>>
>>58515835
Ok, now I need the Windows 7 activator. What is its name again?
>>
>>58515988
I won't bet everything on that disk, just RMA it.

I got a Toshiba a week ago and today I received the RMA one. It sounded clicky
>>
>>58513959
I'm usually correct.

>>58514553
HGST has the lowest failture rates for the drives that Backblaze test with. You cannot extrapolate that all their drives have a similar low flatrate.

>>58515300
It's not needed. The PSU is a fairly dumb device, it just delivers 12V DC and a ground connection to the motherboard.

>>58515373
https://github.com/s3tools/s3cmd

>>58515402
The CMOS only keeps BIOS settings and RTC, nothing else. Your OS will only fail to boot if your BIOS defaults to IDE rather than AHCI.

>>58516114
Dazloader, otherwise check mydigitallife.info.

>>58515988
That's drive activity. Hitachi/HGST drives are generally loud.
>>
File: 1384541290825.png (41KB, 372x244px) Image search: [Google]
1384541290825.png
41KB, 372x244px
I am having some mysterious problems with my internet connection.
Whenever I run my torrent client (Qbit) my internet connection will cut out within 15 minutes. The bizarre thing is that Qbit can still download and upload, but NOTHING else has a connection. I cannot ping anything through CMD and cannot go to any web pages.
Shutting off Qbit doesn't resolve the issue. I have to power cycle my modem and router to fix things.

This only started happening a few days ago. I have not fucked with any of my settings or software recently, so I don't have a clue why this started happening.
I'm running Windows 7 ultimate and my router is a WRT54GL with DD-WRT if it matters.
>>
>>58516114
Daz Loader.
You can get it from mydigitallife forums for the priginal one.

Look for windows loader.
>>58515988
Read SMART data with speccy or crystaldiskinfo.
>>
>>58516236
Your router is exhausting is number of TCP connections that it can handle, something that's very common with especially torrents, since they do half-open TCP connections.
>>
>>58516227
>Dazloader
There wasn't an updated version?
>>
>>58516114
windows loader for windows 7
microsoft toolkit for windows 8 and above
i use the top seeded torrent from piratebay from a user with a colored skull
>>
I'm having a hard time finding out which GPUs are compatible with a Zotac G41 Motherboard

any help would be appreciated
>>
>>58516261
How should I remedy that? Would eliminating a bunch of the torrents I'm seeding/downloading at one time help? I am a good goy and I seed my anime torrents for a few days.
Why do I need to power cycle after I've killed Qbit?
>>
>>58516289
or at least if the PCI port is an actual PCIE 2.0 or something else, since my GeForce 9500GT seems to fit in perfectly but doesnt seem to work at all, and there's no specific labelling on the Motherboard either
>>
Getting an SSD tomorrow.

Would prefer to do a fresh install but I dont own any CDs so I think I wont have any generic drivers when I reinstall

Can I put the drivers on the usd with the iso at the same time or will I have to

>install os to ssd
>unplug ssd
>boot hdd
>wipe usb and put drivers on it
>boot ssd and install drivers
>>
I have a Seagate SSHD that I have no use for.

Is there any reason not to use this as a storage drive? I'm replacing my laptop's HDD with a SSD and I have this extra SSHD lying around.
>>
>>58516304
These GPUs are allegedly compatible.
http://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/?compatible_with=qRmLrH
>>
>>58516304
PCI-express is both fowards and backwards compatible, so there's something else wrong.

>>58516296
Adjust your client to use a lower number of global connections.

>>58516317
Download an iso as described in >>58515920, then use https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

>>58516318
No, provided that you don't especially care about the data once the disk eventually dies, or that you have another backup of it.
>>
>>58516366
>https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
https://rufus.akeo.ie/
>>
>>58516366
Could it be a CMOS battery issue? I've tried literally everything but changing that, and I've experienced issues with date/time resetting which are supposed to be linked to the battery.

And somewhere on google I read that CMOS is in charge of loading PCI ports or something like that
>>
>>58516366
I already downloaded a w7 iso off a torrent, do they come with generic drivers already?

I thought I would need to install motherboard drivers so I could get ethernet, sound etc
>>
MSI afterburner has stopped monitoring GPU temperature for some reason, why and what do

Could it be related to drivers? I updated my card's drivers a couple days ago
>>
Can anyone direct me to a proper ISO for windows 10 Enterprise and a means to activate it?
>>
File: ae_LT27A750EX-EN_001_Front.jpg (69KB, 767x767px) Image search: [Google]
ae_LT27A750EX-EN_001_Front.jpg
69KB, 767x767px
Got a Samsung Syncmaster HDTV TA750, which I use as a monitor for my pc, hooked via an hdmi 1.3 cable to my RX 480 with Crimson drivers. Resolution is 1080p.

Sources I found on the screen write that the max refresh rate is either 100 or 120 Hz. I am trying to get it to work with a refresh rate higher than 60 Hz by going to the Display tab in the crimson drivers, creating a custom resolution and setting the refresh rate to something higher (e.g. 75 Hz) then Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties and setting the new refresh rate under the monitor tab.

The screen goes black and tells me "Mode not supported" before reverting back to 60 Hz after a few seconds. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>58516477
To clarify I mean the temperature reading doesn't show up ingame on the onscreen display. Other programs and Afterburner itself can read and show the temps on the desktop, but afterburner doesn't display it ingame.
>>
File: lesbian thumb.jpg (39KB, 661x807px) Image search: [Google]
lesbian thumb.jpg
39KB, 661x807px
>>58516366
I halved the maximum number of connections. everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks.
>>
i have 10gb free on c: and 100gb free on g:
i have a rar on g: and i want to unpack it on g:
winrar keeps files in temp in c: and gives me error about no disk space
how to make this work?
>>
>>58516404
It's worth trying, if you've tried everything else.'

>>58516447
Windows comes with what's called class drivers which are generic drivers that cover a range of hardware, under which yours may fall. Alternatively, the site in question lists SHA-1 checksums that you can use to verify that the iso you downloaded is actually untouched.
>>
>>58513425
So I have a windows 10 USB stick I bought from Microsoft store and a computer came with Windows 10 installed.

What do I own? Like how are the licenses set up? Can I install the one that I bought anywhere, can I resell it? For the one that came with my laptop can I copy it and use it on 2 computers? I'm a bit confused and if there's a page available that explains this that'd be okay too. Thanks.
>>
File: 1471317038812.png (14KB, 604x618px) Image search: [Google]
1471317038812.png
14KB, 604x618px
Will using DDR3 802Mhz make games run like shit for me? Or does RAM clock speed not affect games?
>>
>>58516655
it does affect games
>>
>>58516626
Don't be a retard and drag n' drop the file. Right click on the rar file and choose "extract here", hence it will extract directly from the source instead of creating a copy in temp and then copying the file again to the g:/ disk.

Really Anon, You must be 18 or older to use this site.
>>
>>58516639
OEM licenses are non-resellable and can only be activated on a given piece of hardware (based on a hardware ID generated from your motherboard, bios, cpu, graphics card and other things) once (although if you only change your graphics card once, activation should still work - but if you make too many hardware changes, you'll need a new license).

>>58516655
DDR3-1600 as the standard you're using is called is plenty fast for games. The only time memory speed matters is if you're making use of a mfs or if you're doing very specialized kinds of computing.
>>
Yes, that would help. Long term solution is to buy a better router. Most cheap routers (even the more expensive residential ones) have laughably small memory used for the routing table which gets exhausted quick when your computer connects to a million other unique IPs (seeds) via Bittorrent.
>>
>>58516730

fuck, >>58516730

is meant for >>58516296

Power cycling clears the routing table, meaning it fixes the problem.
>>
>>58516702
thanks
i've been using drag n drop all the time and at least i've kept my desktop clean from memes
>>
>>58516767
>>58516730
>>58516616
Welp, I spoke too soon. My router shit the bed again. It just took longer this time.
Why is this only happening now when I've been torrenting for years?

>new router
I suppose that's not a bad idea. I've had this one for like 6 years. Any DD-WRT or Tomato compatible suggestions? I'll probably use the old one as a repeater.
>>
/g/ tricked me. a week ago i asked whether or not all psus are the same size in terms of where the screws go and i was told that they are, but i bought a new psu and the fucker was too small, only the left or right screws holes line up.
>>
>>58516871
There are standards sizes.
Either your case is off spec or your psu is
>>
File: Capture.jpg (45KB, 796x422px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
45KB, 796x422px
>>58516723
Am I being a retard for using 3 sticks of RAM instead of two or four?
>pls no bully
>>
File: Help in finding these screws.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Help in finding these screws.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
Hello I would need help in finding the screws that are used in rugged smartphones specifically for CAT B15 but the same screws are seen in other rugged smartphones.

Because the material from which the screw is made is shit, and I got it out but the head is eaten a bit, the phone got 6 screws and this one just was shit in quality.

Picture of the example of the screw. If you have any sites that sell smartphone replacement part mainly in Europe if you have, tried ebay but since I don't know how are these screws specifically called in English I can't find them easily. there is one guy on ebay that sells them but are like $30 which is just to much of a price.
>>
Help. At random times my internet becomes very slow (on other devices as well) it won't go higher than ~200kb/s. Sometimes it disconnects form internet because of how bad it is.
>>
What's the name/brand of those japanese pocket computers for text only?

They look like pic related
>>
>>58517065
^
|
|
|
google
>>
>>58516881
Bowlcut. Do it faggot.

>>58516999
No, but you'll be forcing single-channel addressing unless your motherboard magically supports triple-channel addressing (which some AMD boards did, for a brief period of time.

>>58517017
What connection type? DOCSIS/DSL/GPON/P2P-FTTH?

>>58517065
Bait.jpg ?
>>
What's the best way to install custom ringtones for the pixel?
>>
>>58517065
wow. the keyboard doesn't even look half bad for such a small device
>>
>>58517197
Put them in the ringtones folder
>>
I got a 1070 to replace my 770 and it's glorious. But what can I do now with my old card? I was thinking for a longer term plan I could keep it and use it in a media PC when I get my own place, but what besides that? Just an oversized paperweight?
>>
>>58517279
folding or BOINC, if you have free electricity.
>>
Could anyone give me some assistance?

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my code--why the x and y aren't updating for this class. I've already attempted marking them as global variables, and having them return something.

class Dog(pygame.sprite.Sprite):
x = 10
y = 10
speed = 1

def __init__(self):
dog_image = pygame.image.load('dog.png').convert()
#set up dog to interface with spritesheet
#create method for dog to move around
def move(direction, self):
if direction == "NORTH" :
print("Moved West")
return y+speed
elif direction == "SOUTH" :
print("Moved East")
return y-speed
elif direction == "EAST" :
print("Moved North")
return x+speed
elif direction == "WEST" :
print("Moved South")
return x-speed
>>
>>58517117
I tried it already senpai
>>
>>58517385
Clicking that google button landed me directly on the information you require

You're full of shit
>>
What are my alternatives to a chromebook? I'm looking for something to take with me on the train and in between classes. Also to shitpost in bed.

I just need something that's cheap, easy to carry around, has decent battery life (4+ hours) and can handle office, movies and some retro emulators. A screen that's not complete shit would also be nice. Chromebooks hit most of these, but the very low ram/hdd space and the OS turn me off. I'm also not sold on the cpu's, but mobile cpu's have been getting better and better lately so I'm not sure.
>>
Should i encrypt my SSD (i have sensible data, like account informations and so on)?

I have that installed on my laptop. Windows10 + SadyBridge 2630QM.

How would this work? Bitlocker would use AES algorithm, and my Core i7 would crunch with RELATIVE easy that algorithm, performing encryption and decryption, using its native set of instructions? is this overall mechanism correct?
Am i missing something?

What are the drawback? Like, would my system turn out to be INCREDIBLY slow? Would it suck a LOT more power?
>>
>>58513866
You probably wont get fat but otherwise it doesnt matter if you sit with a correct posture. The most important thing is walking every 20-30 minutes for a few minutes
>>
Photo manager recommendation for Android? No specific use case, just want to know if there's a better all purpose one than the stock Gallery app.
>>
>>58513425

I just ordered two Hitachi 7K4000 3TB Ultrastars for 80 Eur each.
The seller lists them as "new", not refurbished, not "new, other."
What are my chances they are actually new and not just refurbs after a SMART wipe?
>>
What's a good file manager for the pixel?
>>
File: samsung option.jpg (33KB, 767x767px) Image search: [Google]
samsung option.jpg
33KB, 767x767px
>>58517009
Don't they call them hex screws in bonglish?
Anyway i'd rather look at dimensions and thread size not head type. Try hitting any pc repair shop, they should have few screws lying around, god knows we do.

Anyone using a newish samsung printer? Every time i try to print multiple copies it just prints the first one, then asks if i have another page to scan. For fuck's sake.
What would one expect upon selecting "COPIES:5" and pressing "start"? That it prints me 5 copies of what i want. But no, some gook at Samsung had to be special. How the hell do i bypass it?
>>
>>58517451
Probably a tablet would be best in that case.
>>
>>58517593
>2 3TB drives for 80£.
hard to believe mate, I'd guess mechanical failure if it passes all of the tests with the sectors, in any case stress test it by copying shitload of files
>>
why isn't "ls" working in my command line? im in program files and its saying "ls" is not recognized
>>
>>58517451

Get a convertible, they're light and easy to bring. Depending on the model you choose they last pretty long in batt life. I have a Surface Pro 3 and fits all my need, but if You're in a budget check out some Acer or Lenovo yoga
>>
File: 1406254810936.png (110KB, 453x567px) Image search: [Google]
1406254810936.png
110KB, 453x567px
>>58513425
I'm not sure whats more cringe about this picture: the shitty joke or the non-GFCI outlet near a sink...
>>
>>58517739

80E *each* for a 2013 3TB drive doesn't seem too unbelievable.
The price is equivalent to the cheapest new 3TB consumer HDDs where I live.
>>
>>58517762

It wouldn't be even that bad without the speech bubble.
>>
>>58517174
>What connection type? DOCSIS/DSL/GPON/P2P-FTTH?
How can I know? It is wireless btw.
>>
>>58517750
>Program Files
Are you on Windows? If so then the command you're looking for is "dir".
>>
is katcr.co down for anyone else?
I can ping it, but when i try tot access the site, it just loads forever.
>>
>>58517617
>>58517761
Are tablets really my best way to go? I'll probably not use the touchscreen at all. I'm not averse to buying second hand, if that matters at all.
>>
My fans have started to run at full speed during vidya despite them never doing so beforehand

I've got a 220mm CM fan that's reading sub-500rpm on my BIOS which is the primary intake fan

is it damaged? the bios seems to think its running very slow
>>
>>58517823
That's why.
>>
File: 1484498909949.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1484498909949.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>58517971
?
?
>>
>>58518010
It's bad speed because it's wireless. Use a cable.
>>
File: 1465588509095.jpg (30KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1465588509095.jpg
30KB, 440x660px
Is there some way I could make a website for my home FTP server, so that it could display thumbnails and I could watch videos and listen to music without downloading them?
>>
>>58518019
Then I won't be able to close doors and need a loong cable.
On my pc with cable I have the same issues though.
>>
>>58518076
>Is there some way I could make a website for my home FTP server
Set it up like any other FTP website. It would just point to your internal IP instead of your external IP.
>>
Got two questions:

1- How do you replace a CMOS battery? as in what to buy and if there's any specific procedure for it, because I've been told you have to wait from 15min to a full day after placing the new one.

2- Does anyone have that Windows Debloater that was shared in that pastebin at Win10 generals? I could really make use of it right now.
>>
>>58518143
1 - It's a standard cell battery, just open your case or read your mobo manual to see which one, probably a CR2032. If you want to retain your bios settings make sure you perform a quick switch.
>>
>>58518142
How would I go about doing that?
>>
>>58518223
You setup an ftp server
and
then you use it
>>
Why are my 4chan X settings not saving? Specifically the "Catalog Hover Expand" option
>>
File: Untitled12.png (334KB, 1398x732px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled12.png
334KB, 1398x732px
>>58513425
I'm trying to fix my webcam, following http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Webcam-That-Is-Displaying-a-Black-Screen-on-Windows

It's asking me to "Right click each USB Root Hub and select Uninstall".

Do i delete the ones the blue lines point to?
Or do i delete some of the others as well?

I want to be 100% fool proof so i decided to ask here
>>
What's a good protocol to use to remotely control a Linux computer?
VNC (over SSH) or SPICE or RDP or something else?
VNC also has a ton of encryption options, which one is the best?
>>
Best torrent client?
Leaning towards uTorrent 3.1.3
>>
>>58518294
I did something like that when trying to fix a USB mouse, I ended up uninstalling the controller for my ipod and had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it reinstalled properly.
Be careful.
>>
>>58518097
>>58517017
bump
>>
>>58518315
Shit anon, now you're scaring me..
What did you mess up? Did you just do what i'm about to do?
>>
Does someone have any problem pasting images (not links to images) into 4chanX quick reply in FF?
When i updated from 49 to 50 the button disappeared, and while one of the updates says ccd0 added support for pasting without the button, mine doesn't apparently work.
FF 50.0.1, W10 and 4chanX 1.13.4.1
>>
File: rigged.png (269KB, 479x358px) Image search: [Google]
rigged.png
269KB, 479x358px
>>58513425
>>58514582
>having an outlet that close to a sink
>>
>>58518304
rtorrent
>>
>>58518266
Folder 4chanx usually saves setting is read only?
Did you set anything weird for storage option for FF?
Did you try disabling all extensions but 4chanx and retry?

>>58518295
SSH is perfectly fine and an industry standard.
Encryption depends on how much security you want, unless you are doing something very confidential for your company or something i suggest you to pick the easiest one to setup

>>58518338
The guy just uninstalled the wrong thing in the list of things you have, 99.999% of products can reinstall it anyway just by plugging back in.
Try to fiddle with the webcam, remove the cable and put it back in, the one that appears when you put it in is what you should work on
>>
The video stutters when recording and i am not certain what it is called or how to fix it?

The stutter comes from the original capture from OBS not the editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yCFDcR_dok
>>
>>58518411
>The guy just uninstalled the wrong thing
So i just delete those three things?
>>
>>58518431
Underperforming hardware
>>
>>58518338
unless you've got the device plugged in it will show as "generic usb hub" or something similar
sometimes plugging it back in isn't enough for it to reinstall itself correctly
>>
In Java, can a static method call another static method in the same class?
>>
>>58513425

how much did coca cola pay you
>>
>>58518445
Do they disappear when you unplug the webcam?
yes-> delete
no->don't
>>
>>58518527
Gotcha.
Do i do this in Safe Mode like the guide says or can i just do it now?
>>
>>58518471
Is there some way to fix it in editing?

What is this called?
>>
so today i tried turning on my computer but once i started to boot into windows it gave me the NFTS_FILE_SYSTEM error and kept trying to reboot. after a couple time of this it tried to run some windows troubleshooter thing which stopped halfway through saying it couldnt complete the process and gave me the screen showing me options. after that i tried running a windows reset i tried doing that once for saving my files and twice for a full reset. all of those stopped at 50% and said it couls not be completed. system restore doesnt work startup repair doesnt work going back to the previous build doesnt work and system recovery image doesnt work. the only option i have left would be to just completely install a new windows from a cd however i dont remember the product key for my current install.

inb4 install gentoo i use photoshop illustrator and ableton on a daily basis none of which run on linux
>>
ill get a laptop with windows 10 is it easy to wipe it off the ssd and install/boot another os on the same ssd?
>>
>>58518651
why not just dual boot?

but yes just boot a linux flavor you want from media and format that shit.

but seriously why not dual boot?
>>
If I were to buy a gaming laptop, who do you recommend? I was looking at Falcon Northwest, Digital Storm, Origin, Main Gear, etc.
>>
>>58518591
Safe mode loads only the absolutely minimum to get the computer working, i don't know if your pc would even pick up your webcam at that point.
Have you tried waving in front of your camera by the way?
Maybe it's just a shitty camera that picks up only 1% of the light or something.
Maybe try a browser or two on sites that can access your camera?
>>
>>58518603
Either the file system is corrupt or the drive is dying. If you're lucky, chkdsk may be able to fix it. If you're less lucky, reformat and reinstall Windows. If you're unlucky, you'll need to buy a new hard drive.
>>
>>58518598
It's called being poor and having a shit PC.
Either lower your quality settings or get a better PC
>>
>>58518748
i just tried to restart the computer and it says there is no operating system found so im trying to burn windows 10 to a usb drive to see if i can reinstall it
>>
Is there anyway to set up some sort of server and have its purpose be to show images without downloading them?
Without creating a website
>>
>>58518714
id like 7 instead of 10, less spyware
what do u mean form media?
>>
>>58518411
I'd like to control the desktop remotely, isn't SSH only a shell? (Secure SHell)
>>
>>58513903
No. The chipset needs to support the CPU's FSB speed to run at full speed, and needs to have the right microcode in BIOS for it to boot at all.
>>
>>58518766
Any clicking noise from the drive?
It's very possible that a reinstall would just fuck up again in a matter of weeks.
I would suggest looking for a replacement drive and salvage any important file if you can
>>
>>58518859
You can have X over SSH.
>>
>>58518843
>show images without downloading them?
show from where, on what?
>>
File: 1361962786516.jpg (70KB, 414x960px) Image search: [Google]
1361962786516.jpg
70KB, 414x960px
If I reinstall windows10 from the menu (shift + reboot) and choose to keep my files what happens to stuff like java and steam games?

I mean I know my saves will be there but will I be reinstalling programs for weeks?

More importantly, what about drivers? The issue I'm trying to solve is a windows tablet driver getting in front of my wacom, so if reinstalling and keeping everything doesn't burn the drivers it's pointless.
>>
>>58518739
I have tried 2 different cameras, both works on my brothers PC.
It does not work on anything like Omegle, Skype, online webcam tests etc., and i've tried IE, Chrome and Firefox. It only shows a black screen, it doesn't say it's not working.

It DOES work with Shadowplay, but not on the preview, for some reason. I couldn't find a better guide than the one i first posted.
>>
>>58518859
X server (aka graphics) can be passed over SSH, it just needs to be enabled on the host.
I'll leave the exact configuration to someone more expert than me, but you just need a couple of configuration and a packet install to do it apparently
>>
>>58518843
sure, why not? but it would be easier to create a website to do it.
>>
>>58516637
which tool do you recommend to verify file integrity?
>>
>>58518879
drive sounds normal to me
>>
What's a good forum where a noobfag can learn some greyhat techniques and access some dumps?
>>
>>58518949
Eh, just don't put anything important on it and keep backups.
Drives are 40 bucks anyway
>>
>>58518603
>photosop
cs6 runs flawlessly with wine
>>
>>58518915
>>58518883
Sounds too easy to be true but I'll look into it.
>>
>>58518180
so the only risk when switching is that the longer I let it rest the higher the chances of my BIOS settings going back to default?

I never made any changes to BIOS besides minor stuff, not sure if anything will change for the worse despite me not involving myself with complicated BIOS stuff.
>>
>>58518339
Any help here?
I've been helping others in the meantime
>>
File: file.png (638KB, 1500x769px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
638KB, 1500x769px
>>58519168
I just hit CTRL+V and it works
>>
File: monitors.png (10KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
monitors.png
10KB, 800x600px
I just got a displayport MST hub
I'm trying to configure 6 monitors, 3 off my GPU and 3 off the hub
hub is startech MSTDP123DP
gpu is powercolor rx 480

the ones running off the gpu work just fine, but I can only get 1 of the hub monitors to work
>>
Hey, so I was installing some Adobe Software (legally) while playing a game with the pc I bought about a week ago (powerful pc so I still had great performances while playing).
However suddenly the pc froze, so I waited a few minutes and seeing that it hadn't changed I forced shutdowned my PC. Since then it's running slow as fuck, windows keep crashing (like I can't use the windows search bar, usually the desktop crashes when I try to something etc...) and it's booting slower.
Is there anyway to fix this or to know where exactly is the problem (I've tried running a chkdsk command but that's it)
>>
>>58519239
Does multiple off only the hub work?

What exact adapters did you buy?
>>
>>58519310
How is it crashing? Bsod?
>>
>>58519310
check for a crash log on your main drive

my main is a tiny SSD so it fills up fast and when it does it nukes performance
>>
>>58519310
give up
reformat SSD and reinstall OS, this time an OS that isn't windows 10
>>
File: 1483247392949.webm (584KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1483247392949.webm
584KB, 1024x576px
What OpenGL tutorial is the best, or rather how should I go about choosing which one to follow? There's ones for GLUT/GLEW, OpenGL 2/3, and all kinds of other differences.
>>
>>58518900
You'll need to reinstall Java.
If you installed the Steam client on another hard drive or SSD, after OS reinstall when you run the client it will repair itself and detect the games you have stored with it.
>>
>>58516578
TVs generaly only adverise 120hz as frame-doubling or black frame insert, they aren't true 120hz

HDMI 1.4 doesn't suppoert 1080p120
>>
>>58516578
You got memed.
>>
>>58519583
Jesus Christ my spelling

*generally only advertise
>>
>>58514782

Download Intel onboard graphics drivers, my laptop ran like absolute shit until I got the drivers.
>>
>>58519576
what about not steam (photoshop, minecraft, word2003, freehand, etc. etc.)?

is doing shift+reboot:keep files a "clean install" or is it different from using a win10 boot disk?
>>
>>58519375
no

on hub:
2x amazon B00EDT01TO
1x amazon B004071ZXA
on gpu:
DP cable
DVI cable
dell DVI DP adapter amazon B0056CQP4M
>>
I want to watch anime on laptop but all these fancy encodes are giving me trouble as I want to use hardware acceleration to save battery life. I have a very modern spec laptop using Intel HD Graphics 620 with Windows 10. What would be the media player of choice if I want to have as wide support for hardware acceleration as possible? Any tips on setting one up if configuration is required to achieve this? The screen resolution is 3840x2160 so I'll have to upscale everything. An efficient way to do this would be nice to know too.
>>
>>58513425
i still think people watched it because they wanted young dicaprio dick.
>>
>>58519657
Anything not Steam will require a reinstall because of the registry and missing dlls.
>>
>>58518932
Unless you're running ZFS with ECC memory, there's nothing automatable that can verify that a file is uncorrupted.
>>
>>58519473
No, crashing like a normal task, the desktop has some white overlay and then everything refreshes like when you boot up a pc
>>
>>58518324
SECOND BUMP
>>
>>58518266
Read the setting below it.

>>58518339
Have you tested with a smaller image? Some images seem to be just too large for Firefox for some reason.
>>
>>58518915
Why not do VNC over SSH?
>>
Why are there "no" good 25 or 26 inch monitors?
Why are there "no good" 2K or even 4K 24/25/26 inch monitors?
What's the point of getting 2K if it's only 27+ where screen size removes the pixel density improvement?
>>
>>58520099
>Dell S2417DG is only monitor I could find.
>>
>>58519974
Tried even 128x128 and below, no dice
>>
our outlook at work sometimes goes very slow and it takes 30 seconds to a minute to load up an email after you click on it

can anything be done?
>>
>>58518733
P-pls respond
>>
>>58520147
Any error messages in the console when you try to paste, either the Javascript console (Control+Shift+K) or the browser console (Control+Shift+J)?
>>
File: 1467578933717.png (688KB, 460x628px) Image search: [Google]
1467578933717.png
688KB, 460x628px
Has anyone else upgraded to Windows recently and found their C: Drive full as fuck? Im not sure what's actually taken up all the space but I believe it may have been a recent update to Windows 10 so I wanted to check.

I went from about 50% full 120Gb SSD to not being able to rotate a layer on Photoshop because there wasnt enough space on the scratch disc.

I've followed all of the 'free up space after an update' shizz online but ive recovered like 3Gb. What's going on? Can anyone help suggest whats happened? Tempted to restore from a previous state. That doesn't remove stored files etc does it?
>>
>>58520256
Look at CES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRFbccKsiOU&t=101s
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTtEPBXeP7M
>>
Trying to install ubuntu on a Microsoft Surface. I set up a bootable USB, but when I get to the installation screen, the Surface keyboard doesn't work...
I've tried looking around to see what ways I can solve this, but the most I could gather was that I should use a USB keyboard (which I don't have)...

Any thoughts?
>>
>>58520312
might be windows.old?

I reinstalled windows to get a fresh start and it kept a copy of everything, just shoved into windows.old in my c:

>tfw still can't delete en-US until I find my linux disc

fucking windows fucks
>>
>>58520348
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTtEPBXeP7M

god damn do want
>>
>>58520357
hmmm, ok.

Im running a genuine windows 10 only because i was given a key after pirating Windows 7. Is reinstalling windows a simple thing i can find on my computer, or do I have to load in a disc again and all that?

Also from what ive seen online, im not sure if windows.old even takes up that much space
>>
>>58520352
a usb keyboard is like $8

or just buy one from walmart and return the next day
>>
>>58520398
reinstalling 10 is as easy as holding shift when you pick reboot from the start menu

if your keyboard doesn't work during this you have to burn a win10 disc (which is what I just did to my win7->10 media computer and it's blazin now
>>
When I have multiple audio sources playing simultaneously, are they mixed through onboard audio, or in software with Windows? Let's say I have a media player playing a movie, I'm listening to a podcast, playing a game, and listening to a song on youtube simultaneously.

Is this a situation where a sound card would improve audio quality, would it be "marginal" but not noticeable, or objectively unchanged from onboard audio?

I'm using a USB DAC btw.
>>
>>58520607
No
>>
>>58517065
Foud it, it's Pomera
>>
I'm trying to make a recovery drive for Windows 10, but the program doesn't detect the flash drive, I plug the flash drive, it loads and then it tells me to plug the flash drive again.
>>
name a browser that does not eat too much ram, for netbook
>>
on W7 Windows Search keeps indexing the contents of PNG files, and only PNG files, even after multiple times rebuilding the index and specifically selecting to only index file properties.
Folder options for search only looks up the name of the file if the folder is not indexed, that's how the option is set
However even after deleting the entire index manually from the custom location I put it into, every time it rebuils it still indexes PNG file's content

What can I do?
>>
>>58514594
No, you can't play MGSV nor crysis in that laptop.
>>
>>58520739
With only windows and 4 tabs.
No other background programs.
I'm using 2.5GB.
Firefox.
>>
>>58520817
I have only 2gigs of ram.

>With only windows and 2 tabs.
>No other background programs.
>I'm using 1.4GB.
>Firefox and Chrome (same)
>>
>>58520312
>Windows 10
>>
>>58520845
Well I can put up 15 more tabs and it remains around like 2.7
>>
>>58520877
>>58520845
>>58520739
Oh wait.

No i'm only usin 2GB.
Had radeon settings running at like 0.5 GB. Jesus.
2GB ram?
Git Gud.
>>
>>58520906
Firefox uses around 1 GB, NO MATTER THE AMOUNT OF TABS!
1?
2?
4?
8?
20?
WHAT DOES THE FIREFOX SAY?
1.111234 GB + WINDOWS
>>
I have a hdcp capable monitor and a 390x, does the cable have to be hdcp compliant for it to work?
>>
im looking for a site that lets me just click on points on a graph and spits out an equation that would give me those points

anyone know of such a thing?
>>
File: sec.jpg (39KB, 926x625px) Image search: [Google]
sec.jpg
39KB, 926x625px
How do I fix this, don't see why this should be happening. I'm on Chromium.
>>
>>58521125
Also some other sites aren't loading quite correctly, missing images, or not formatting, etc
>>
>>58521125
Use https
>>
>>58521125
somewhere in the process the connection fell from https to http. Maybe a redirect from .com to .ca is responsible.
>>
File: sec1.jpg (10KB, 224x38px) Image search: [Google]
sec1.jpg
10KB, 224x38px
>>58521145
>>58521153
It just started yesterday, but even when I type in the full address with https it does this in the address bar and shows the same error.
>>
>>58521170
Check your certs
Change your dns servers
>>
>>58521170

check the time and date of your machine
>>
>>58521186
I'll work on this, thanks. Doing a malware scan too...

>>58521204
Windows keeps it updated online automatically. Tks anyway.
>>
>>58520712
known windows 10 problem, it won't recognize a usb keyboard either so if you reinstall internally you'll get stuck at the "choose language" screen with no way to input (mouse or keyboard). google stuck at language screen for more- no solution, microsoft blames board manufacturers, they go "whut?"

make a CD
>>
What is a good PDF reader?

>>58521170
Run Adwcleaner and malwarebytes.
Manually update hour/date online trough clock settings.
>>
File: 1348121749647.jpg (18KB, 428x469px) Image search: [Google]
1348121749647.jpg
18KB, 428x469px
>want to install reactos
>wont install from usb because they broke it or something
so how the fuck am i supposed to install it? who owns an optical drive in 2017?
>>
>>58521328
>>wont install from usb because they broke it or something
What.

Are you sure you didn't just fucked up making the USB bootable?
>>
>>58521354
well i tried it and got BOOTMGR MISSING shit but according to their own website usb installs dont work
>>
public class MyProgram {
public static void main(String[] args) {
int[][] x = { {10,20},{30,40},{50,60} };
int[][] y = { { 1, 2},{ 3, 4},{ 5, 6} };

//declare sum to be the same number of
//rows and columns as x
int numrows = x.length;
int numcols = x[0].length;
int[][] sum = new int[numrows][numcols];

for(int j = 0; j < numrows ; j++) {
for(int i = 0; i < numcols; i++) {
sum[j][i] = x[j][i]+y[j][i];
}
}

//Now let's print sum:
for(int j = 0; j < sum.length ; j++) {
for(int i = 0; i < sum[j].length; i++) {
System.out.print(sum[j][i]);
System.out.print(" ");
}
System.out.println("");
}
//Output:
//11 22
//33 44
//55 66
}
}

Why int numcols = x[0].length; is set to 0?
you can also set it to 1 or 2 and it gives the same result.
thanks in advance for the help.
>>
File: 1v24.webm (3MB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
1v24.webm
3MB, 1066x600px
So I bought a new monitor yesterday, Samsung CF390, but I'm getting this shit. What is it and how do I fix? :(

(Left = New monitor, Right = Old)
>>
>>58521484
Have you tried a different cable?
The new monitor alone?
>>
>>58521313
>reader
um, adobe acrobat duh?
>>
>>58521484
check your Hz
>>
>>58521399
You're just grabbing the first element in the "row" array which is the first "column" to get the length, you could pick any. 0 is just used because it's first so it makes sense.

Note that doing it this way will fail if you have rows that have a different number of "columns."
>>
Where can I find a good, cheap LGA 1336 board for overclocking? Using an i7 960
>>
>Have a new boss
>Talking about tech shit
>Mention I hate AVG
>He asks what I use
>Joke that I use "Common Sense 2017" (yeah i'm original)
>This knocks him back, he thought I was smarter than that
i-is it true /g/? Should I have one?
>>
>>58521644
>adobe acrobat
Sucks now, bloated as fuck.
>50% of the screen is used by nothing

I just wanna a fucking PDF reader that will show me right away the PDF i wanna open.
No more.
>>
>>58521715
ok point taken. maybe an e-reader would be light enough to fit your bill? like look for book reading software instead of pdf software?
>>
File: 325gg.webm (3MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
325gg.webm
3MB, 720x1280px
>>58521516
>>58521655

Changed cable, disconnected second monitor. Changed hz from 72 to 60 and disabled freesync

Problem seems worse
>>
>>58521760
>>58521760
RMA it?
>>
>>58521681
>any boss
>ever being right
Pick one
>>
>>58521681
In business related stuff?
Yes.

Should have answered with something like malwarebytes or manual scans.
>>
>>58521681
unless you're on XP no
>>
File: 1472415737722.png (340KB, 680x381px) Image search: [Google]
1472415737722.png
340KB, 680x381px
>>58513425
>ywn share a coke with rose
that pepsi max sucking bitch of a bitch has been on my brain for years for fucks sake i hate 4chan so goddamn much
>>
>>58514421
>sg s4 mini
>cm14
>took me around 25 mins
>another 10 to prepare the apps
>>
>>58520810
What can I do with it then?
>>
>>58521907
play old games, web browsing, write documents
>>
I have a desktop with an i2500k with 16GB ram and a Ti460 video card.

Should I upgrade or just build from scratch?

If I upgrade do I have to replace the mobo?
>>
>>58514594
>mid range 2005 laptop

yeah no
>>
>>58522067
Depends, if you wanna upgrade to a recent low-mid end videocard just do it(GTX 1050Ti-1060).

If you are going to add a high end one (GTX 1070+) Then you should.

You should add a SSD too if you dont have one.
>>
>>58521125
>>58521170
Update on this Amazon security issue, I just thought to try another browser, it works on Chrome and IE, it's only doing this on Chromium. What's that all about?
>>
>>58514594
If is exactly those specs, nothing.
>>
>>58522154
is amazon.ca a real site?

the thing is when you put https: instead of http: your browser looks for a security cert. either chromium isn't reading it right or the other browsers aren't putting the s or they aren't redirecting you to the .ca version

figure out which one of those first
>>
>>58522220
.ca is canada, like .co.uk for Britain
>>
>>58522232
so it's really an amazon site then?

i'm in the USA and our domains are .com so I both don't know and don't care
>>
>>58522232
>brits literally end their domains with cuck
>>
>>58522263
Yep, it's legit.
>>
>>58518304
Halite
>>
>>58518304
utorrent is literally malware

use literally anything else
>>
File: P_20160902_110537.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160902_110537.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
Have an ssd and a hdd. Os is on ssd. File storage on hdd. When deleting large amounts of files from hdd does it store the temp deleted files on ssd or hdd?
I ask because I've heard ssd only has so many writes before death. Don't want to speed up the process by adding tons of temp deletion files. If it does store on ssd, is there a way to change that to hdd?
>>
File: 1481076255542.jpg (117KB, 600x328px) Image search: [Google]
1481076255542.jpg
117KB, 600x328px
>Bought new Samsung WF 0600NCS
>Giant red note from reseller: No warranty if opened by customer
>Reseller wants $150 'certified technician' install fee, or no warranty
>Note from samsung: no RMA if no signature from reseller

ftw that's how you get robbed in 2017
>>
>>58522333
When you delete a file, all you're doing is de-listing it in the file allocation table. No data gets moved
>>
I flashed my router, a WRT1900AC v1, from OpenWRT because I was having issues with my 5GHz network and decided to go back to OEM to fix it to its OEM and after doing so everything works fine such as the wifi for example, it's just that it's not assigning IP addresses from the ethernet ports. Wangblows gives me an error saying its IP is not configured.

The fuck did I do.
>>
File: IMG_7360.jpg (94KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7360.jpg
94KB, 400x400px
>I have come to this board every day for the past couple of years but I only know C and Lua

What is another language I should learn?
>>
>>58522397
ur windows not getting DHCP from the gateway?
is linux getting an address?, since u mention windows.
is anything able to get DHCP? phones?
maybe its off?
try netsh advfirewall reset reboot
>>
>>58519668
That all looks like it should be fine. Maybe there's a problem with the hub.
>>
>>58522430
90% of the people that come here have never written a line of code, unfortunately
>>
>>58522333
>I ask because I've heard ssd only has so many writes before death.
Do you got a SSD with 3D NAND?

Then dont even think about that since is impossible unless you torture test it for 10 years.

Anyway it will get "deleted" from where you deleted it, it wont cause writes in the SSD.
>>
>>58522352
That is why you dont buy from resellers you idiot.

And that is why you use Amazon.

>>58522430
Java.
>>
>>58521103
Graphic calculators (retail or software) call it "regression"
Eg. Cuadratic regression (1,1) (2,4): f(x) =x2
>>
>>58513425
I want to run a server on my pc, but my uni has disallowed anyone from port forwarding. How can I allow people to connect to my server?
>>
File: cmd.png (22KB, 988x520px) Image search: [Google]
cmd.png
22KB, 988x520px
>>58522440
Everything else is getting an IP address but the ethernet ports aren't assigning them for whatever reason. Anything over wifi is running fine with internet except for my desktops that are connected via ethernet. Nothing gets a connection from the ethernet.

This is the output I get from the command prompt when running ipconfig.
>>
>>58519969
>>
Anything in the log about DHCP ?
Are you sure ur NIC IPv4 is set to auto?
how many desktops do u have with that issue?
ipconfig /renew does nothing?
google issue with that firmware + DHCP on google
>>
>>58517017
Check the channels around to see if something is going over the ones used by your router, something is causing interference.

TLDR: Run wifianalyzer.

Mess with your router signal settings.
>>
>>58522220
Thanks, as other poster said, amazon.ca is legitimate.

Assuming amazon's security is in order, I guess chromium just isn't reading it correctly? I was on https on the other browsers as well. Is there some workaround or somewhere to report a certificate error with Chromium??
>>
>>58522612
rephrase, start over.
>>
Is 4k on a 15-17" laptop just a meme if I'm not doing any photo/video work? Most of my work is just in r/sql/excel so the extra resolution would only really be beneficial in personal use?

Bonus Q: I've never had a touchscreen on a laptop before, again, if I'm primarily using the machine for coding, is it really necessary?
>>
>>58522662
>Is 4k on a 15-17" laptop just a meme if I'm not doing any photo/video work?
Yes.
>>
new thread: >>58522708
>>
>>58522430
what do you want to do with it?

because if it's impress girls you can just claim to know any language- they won't know the difference and it won't impress them anyway.
>>
>>58522507
you're not allowed to or you're unable to?

if the latter put your server into one of your parent's apartments and remote into it for maintenance

or stop being a fag and move off campus
>>
>>>58522352
>That is why you dont buy from resellers you idiot.

Overseas shipping fee + 13.9% Import fax + Transport
Oh, did i mention no one is shipping to Israel? not de or even fucking fr
fuck Israel
>>
>>58522446
I haven't messed with it too much, I'll try running the 16:9's off the hub
>>
File: a.png (15KB, 425x164px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
15KB, 425x164px
>>58516852
you might be able to increase the size of the table, if your router has ram to spare
>>
>>58518859
ssh does a lot of things
you can;
- get access to a remote shell, as you know
- create a SOCKS proxy (-D)
- port forward (access remote ports as if they were local) (-L)
- do file transfers
- pipe data directly into or out of a remote program
etc

you can forward your vnc servers' port (5900 default) and access it over SSH, even if the vnc port isn't directly accessible
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.