[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fell for the Skullcandy earphones meme because they were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1470016159375.png (17KB, 882x758px) Image search: [Google]
1470016159375.png
17KB, 882x758px
>fell for the Skullcandy earphones meme because they were only $10
>to my amazement the sound is actually pretty good, can play my games loud without any crackling or loss in quality
>then the left speaker blows out
>this happens three more times on all the other pairs I bought
>google it because I'm fucking perplexed as to why it's always the left speaker
>this is a literal Skullcandy phenomenon
J U S T
>>
I got electrocuted by some 5$ chink headphones I bought a few weeks, the cable was under my arm and I realized my arm felt like it was burning and saw an opening in the fucking cable, also when you touch around the back of the ear piece you get a shock lmao
>>
>>58513411
Unlimited warranty stupid just return them
>>
>>58513455
I don't think I have the packaging anymore, sadly, because I'm retarded. All I want, and this might be too much to ask for, is a pair of durable in-ear earbuds with crisp, "natural" sound (no bass-heavy distorted Dre-type stuff) that won't blow out on me when playing video games. That's it. I don't tangle the cords. I don't carry them around with me or put them in my pocket. I just want them to not blow out. Do they even exist? I'm looking at the headphone wiki right now but I don't really know where to start.
>>
File: 398457415115419.png (143KB, 282x339px) Image search: [Google]
398457415115419.png
143KB, 282x339px
>>58513411
>>this happens three more times on all the other pairs I bought
>>
>not using over-ear headphones
I see the problem, OP. You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>58514305
Don't over-ear headphones leak sound, though? I have a roommate and typically play at night, so I don't want to disturb him.
>>
>>58514346
No, over the ear headphones come in two types.

Open back and closed back.

Open back leak sound.
Closed back do not.

MTH-M50X are probably the most recommended normie headphones that are closed.
>>
>earbuds on video games
disgusting
>earbuds on anything other than a laptop or phone
disgusting

>not having headphones
get the monoprice 8323 headphones, they're a buy it for life kind of purchase. the only bad thing is that the earcups are really uncomfortable after extended periods, I foun dthat out from experience, so replacement pads like hm5's are needed

as for earbuds, go with jvc, sony, panasonic, and phillips. don't buy chinkshit when you can already get a pair of real earbuds for $12 or less, that is pointless

here is a good one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-Marshmallow-In-Ear-Headphones-Earbuds-New-in-Retail-Package-/391172672339?var=&hash=item5b13b54b53:m:mkZzTCFloF2Fd3L02vqHDvw
>>
>>58514361
>MTH-M50X
*ATH
>>
Spend a decent amount of money and you can get ones that last.

Good features to looks for
>replaceable cable
>2 year+ warranty

I use Shure se-215 everyday. 5+ hours a day. For about a year now.
>>
>>58513411
I made a simple plan in just 2 seconds.
>Buy 2
>Dump left speakers
>Combine right speakers into one headphone.
>???
>profit
Dumb enough?
>>
Get some headphones. I'm a Sennheiser fag and the HD 280 is the best pair for under $100. They're pretty sweet, a little bulky but Damn the sound kicks ass for the price.
>>
>>58513638 MEE audio M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician's In-Ear Monitors with Detachable Cables (Clear)
^ those have lasted me two years, on just 1 of the 2 cables you get when you buy. They used to be $20 when I bought them, but their sound quality and durability is easily worth $80, and they sell em for $50 now bc those chinks realized what a beautiful thing they created for once. You will not be disappointed anon.
>>
>>58513411
>literal Skullcandy phenomenon
It's not just Skullcandy, I've owned earphones from a range of brands and it's always the left ear that breaks.
>>
>>58514409
This. HD280s are solid. Just get 'em a right angled pigtail adapter.
>>
>>58513638
I bought a pair of their fmj earbuds when I was 14. They lasted about 4 months before crapping out and all I had to do was submit a request for a warranty claim. They didn't ask for proof of purchase or packaging, they just sent out a prepaid postage return box. A couple weeks later I got a brand new pair in the mail.

I did this at least 5 or 6 more times over the years. Even when they replaced fmj with a newer version, they would just send me the newer ones in full retail packaging with accessories. They even sent me different colored variants if I asked in my RMA request.

No idea if they still do it this way, but I felt like I got my $70 worth (cut me some slack, I was 14 and it was my first paycheck from my first summer job).

They actually didn't sound too bad either. Just as good as some sony earbuds I bought at target for ~$50.
>>
>cheap ass $10 skull candy earphones breaks after usage
>buys 3 more pairs
>THEN does research on the topic
What the fuck is wrong with you? You could've bought an actual decent earbuds by then.

Pic related, bought a waterproof bluetooth headset for $30 a year ago, lasts me around 8 hours on continuous usage.
>>
>>58515085
>>
>>58514437
Same. This only happens with earbuds tho, I've never had it happening with headphones. Although it sorta happened to my grado sr80 when the y split on the cable broke.
>>
>>58513411
>>then the left speaker blows out
anyone know why iem/earbud always dead on left? mine always fugging dead on lett.
>>
Thank you for the recommendations, lads. I'll check them all out.
>>
>>58513444
How is life on the other side? You die by electrocution right? Or you simply recieve a electric shock?
>>
>>58513444
gtfo you fucking ghost.
>>
>>58515105
does the horse come with the headset?
>>
>>58513411
I've had this happen with multiple Sennheisers, too. I think it's just an issue with weak cabling.
>>
>>58514363
I use wireless earbuds for everything
>>
>>58513638

Get some sennheiser studio headphones

Durable as fuck and with a neutral soundscape that you can adapt. Plus comfy
>>
>>58513638
Start by spending more than 10 dollars on your headphones.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.