[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is working at an amazon warehouse as shit as people say it is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Amazon.jpg (47KB, 640x393px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon.jpg
47KB, 640x393px
Is working at an amazon warehouse as shit as people say it is? Are there any upsides? Mobility?
>>
>>58508778
4hour shifts. hour long bus ride. $120 paycheck.

I'm just projecting my own experience into this thread but still
>>
If you aren't a stupid ass associate sure, it's fine. If you're an alpha manager like me, it's great.
>>
File: 1479841969536.jpg (406KB, 1413x2000px)
1479841969536.jpg
406KB, 1413x2000px
>>58508778
Its great desu
>>
>technology
>>
it's easy.. not much upside other than not being unemployed
>>
>>58508891
>$30/hr??

I had three friends that worked in one shortly after we graduated high school. They all fucking hated it with a passion. I have known two people though that are in upper management (like corporate office?) and they love it. They say it's such a relaxed environment which doesn't parallel the warehouse experience
>>
I sure as hell would hope that I would be working in one of the new places where the robots bring the shelves to me if I ever decided that I wanted to be a picker there. Fuck walking all over the place and having things beep at me if I'm slow.
>>
Mite b cool if you look at it as getting paid to run around and getting a good cardio workout.
>>
>>58508891
>4 hour shifts

What the fuck, every warehouse guy I know works 10 hour minimum.
>>
Working for Amazon is shit at all levels. Ultra competitive, combative corporate culture is enforced at all levels and bezos is constantly thinking on how to automate your job.

Fulfillment centers must be worse since on top of everything you are paid shit and the place has the bare minimum to keep you alive
>>
File: 1477271281807.jpg (26KB, 313x320px) Image search: [Google]
1477271281807.jpg
26KB, 313x320px
NEET here with an Amazon warehouse a little ways away. What's required to get a job at Amazon? I heard they hire practically anybody and that the pay is quite nice - only the work is terrible.

I have zero job experience personally. Think they'll accept me if I apply, /g/?
>>
>>58508778
I used to work IT in a fullfilment warehouse. It fucking sucks, full of beaners, and shitty outdated equipment.

I would not recommend actually working there. they manged to make riding around on a forklift boring.
>>
>>58509116
sure dude. You get a paycheck every day.
>>
>>58510607
>work is terrible
Probably for the millennials who expect to play with computers, facebook, twitter shit.

I suspect its just simple warehouse work with good pay/reward
>>
>>58508778

I work for one of the courier services hired by Amazon to deliver for Prime as a dispatcher.

I am honestly amazed at how inefficient the warehouse I work at is. It certainly doesn't help that the majority of the Amazon warehouse personnel are ghetto nigs who can barely count or read and never want to work. They're useless and the drivers under me end up having to do their jobs AND warehouse work.
>>
>>58508778
it'll be cool if they go through with the blimps
>>
I work In a Amazon warehouse in Dupont WA..Starting pay is 15$. I work 11 hour shifts scanning labels and moving boxes of all different weights and sizes off of semi trucks. 20# to 100# off of trucks. It's easy work that anyone can understand but they work you like a dog . You are rated per hour and if you don't make it you get written up . Everyone is on this system so don't expect friendly co workers. Overtime is mandatory and since I've been there in october it's been every week . But if you need quick money op jump aboard worst comes to worst you can just stop coming in , they couldn't give a shit less about you .
>>
>>58511030
>You are rated per hour and if you don't make it you get written up
Are the managers trained to be complete assholes about those?
>>
>>58510607

They'll hire anybody, you don't even have to do Ann interview.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.