[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think of 2600 and Off the Hook/Off the Wall? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 2600.png (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2600.png
49KB, 400x400px
What does /g/ think of 2600 and Off the Hook/Off the Wall? I like reading the magazine, but I feel like all Eric Corley does on the radio show is fucking political bullshit and all the guys on there are softspoken dickless beta fags, and not the NEET /g/ kind either.
>>
File: 1476317188729.jpg (637KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476317188729.jpg
637KB, 850x1200px
>>58508425
>2600
>tech related
Kek, this is only tech related if you take this autism seriously
>>
I didn't even know 2600 was still around
>>
>>58508425
I like reading it while I'm in the book store

Sometimes you get some lulzy piece of code to do something useful or read about some autist investigating how a phone booth works in the Andes.

All in all it's better than most shite you'll find in any other publication
>>
>>58508425
Atari is nice, certainly
>>
>>58508425

I haven't read 2600 in a while. Good articles get written from time to time, and cool people come on Off the hook. Many (but not all) of the weekly guys there are betas. The cool, knowledgeable people check in every few months or years, usually not every week.
>>
' how to change your windows xp wallpaper ' -- editorial by emmanuel goldstein
>>
>>58508425
>>58511461

Also, one of the old weekly radio kids moved from fucking models in New York to fucking actresses in LA and directing movies with hot young actresses and movie stars. So it is a mixed bag. On the other hand, some of the weekly people are losers. Eric doesn't really exclude people unless their nuts. His whole thing is organizing and bringing people in.

With the magazine, books, videos, t-shirts, conferences etc., Eric makes a comfortable living. It's a pretty cool way to be because he does OK doing exactly what he wants to every day.
>>
>>58508425
2600 is pretty good CPU
>>
my favorite is donkey kong
>>
Use to be more relevant. Unfortunately a lot of the core editors are just getting up their in age that a lot of their tech knowledge is not the sharpest anymore. Granted, they've been kicking up dust about the tech enslavement of people and eroding rights since the mid 90s, and they were 100% right about it all.
I went to 2 of their events in New York, they are a great bunch. Got to even meet Steve Wozniak at the 2004 one.

Lazlo, I know you're not here and that was 13 years ago, but sorry about getting you kicked out of your hotel room at h2k4, but it was one hell of a hotel party... even if you didn't know it was happening in your room.
>>
>>58512485
It's okay, man. The beds in those fookin' rooms had more fleas than a litter of junkyard puppies. I slept in a sleeping bag with a trashcan liner. Good times, man.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.