[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've recently acquired a domain name very similar to yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: danger_phishing_scam_sq_1000.jpg (101KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
danger_phishing_scam_sq_1000.jpg
101KB, 1000x1000px
I've recently acquired a domain name very similar to youtube.com. It's basically just a typo of youtube. I'm assuming that these kinds of domains are in high demand, because every possible typo I could think of other than this one was already bought.

What's the best way for me to monetize this? I was thinking I could just redirect to Youtube, but first take visitors through some kind of url shortening service that pays me for every visit. Other than that, I could probably just try to sell the domain.
>>
The second you try to monitize it (or even before) Google will have your ass. I work in the industry.
>>
File: 1483190231012.jpg (234KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1483190231012.jpg
234KB, 850x1133px
>>58507994
Enjoy getting ripped to shred by google
>>
just put ads on it and auction it like a normal typo squatter. you could turn a profit. if you wanted to be an asshole, you could essentially proxy youtube and inject your own ads into it. serious legal trouble in that case.
>>
>>58508013
>>58508471
Right now youtuve.com redirects to some shitty malware site. They don't seem to be doing anything about that.
>>
Phishing. Get 100s of thousands of Google accounts and sell them to China for lots of $$$.
>>
>>58508611
protip: include the IP they connected from so they can use a suitable proxy in the same city to access it without alarming.
>>
>>58507994
Make sure to host it in some slavic backwater to avoid getting found out. Buy the domain using a credit card with your name not on it, and only access the administration via a non-logging VPN with good encryption that is paid by another credit card without your name on it. Then you should be pretty safe to do anything.
>>
>>58508706
Oh also "privately" sell the domain back to yourself but under a different name.
>>
So I'm thinking that the best, legal thing I can do is just redirect to a link shortener like ad fly. Originally I was going to have ad fly link to YouTube, but if that can cause potential legal trouble, I'll probably just link the ad fly link to something random. From what I hear they pay about $2 per 1000 views. Won't make me rich instantly but it'll be some easy extra income.

I'm trying to avoid anything that's unquestionably illegal, such a phishing scam, because I do a lot of business online and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to track me down.
>>
>>58507994
no, you havent
>>
>>58508901
Do an ad filled landing page, and then have a meta redirect after 2 seconds to go to adfly. Gives some extra cash.
>>
>>58507994
Have you considered not making the internet a worse place and just having it redirect to Youtube?
>>
>>58508577
Right now youtube.com redirects to a shitty malware site. They don't seem to do anything about it.
>>
Just make a Youtube page and have people log in, log their IP though so you can trace their city / state so you can use a proxy / socks5 so you dont get locked out of the accounts based on your location. Use those google accounts to get to their paypal and whatnot. Drain the cash and enjoy!

I can set this up for you if you're willing to give me a comission btw
>>
>>58511026
Now that's what I call edgy
>>
>>58509486
LOL
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.