[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Udemy? Is it a good place to learn skills if I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (13KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
13KB, 1024x1024px
Thoughts on Udemy? Is it a good place to learn skills if I don't have time for school?
>>
>>58502570
No, courses on Udemy are garbage-tier money grabs.
>>
>>58504488
Many of them are, but if you avoid any pajeet (or anyone from a poor country), and check the reviews and bio of the teacher, you'll find many very good ones.
>>
>>58502570
> do qbit
> open.searchtab
> search.udemy
> do download
> return.profit
>>
>>58502570
I haven't found anything on udemy that I couldn't learn for free.
>>
What im doing is following the mit curriculum for compsci and engineering, mostly all of their courses are on their ocw and newer ones in edx.
Maybe the subject u want to learn is in udacity. They are also high quality
>>
>>58502570
Not used Udemy personally. If you're looking for a paid one, Lynda.com is pretty good, I haven't paid for anything, but I've downloaded a bunch of videos from the courses and seem good, plus the certifications you get get linked to your linkedin account. Other than that YouTube is probably the best for learning.
>>
>>58502570
I learnt java on udemy from a guy called tim who is an ozzycunt and his videos were very good. watched them all in a weekend and learnt a lot. course cost me $5 during some discount and i wanted to try it out. worth it although a lot of shit on there looks crap. i think i just got lucky with that course. anyway i learnt enough to make progress on my own. built some wanky android apps and some CRUD stuff and put them on my sjwhub page and got a job at a company in west london. worth the $5 lol
>>
>>58505376
Obviously shilling for yourself ozzycunt
>>
File: 1444808918716.png (534KB, 621x557px) Image search: [Google]
1444808918716.png
534KB, 621x557px
>>58502570
I happen to know one of the guys that "work" in the scene that buys tutorials from Udemy, Lynda, etc. to put them on torrent sites.
He has about 10k Udemy courses and told me that if I want one and he has it, he'll send it to me.

I need something to make a few quick bucks online starting from nothing (zero budget), and was wondering which skill I can learn to make some money in the short term.
I'm not looking for anything serious like programming that would take me months to years to even start earning. Just some "internet hustle" kind of thing.

Thanks in advance.
>>
Theyre OK, theyre usually enough to get you acquainted with the topic at hand but they wont make you an expert and wont get you around practicing outside of what the course calls for.

Took the unity course for a class project and it got me familiar enough with the unity engine to continue with it if i wanted to. Got an A on the project so im satisfied.

Ive got about 6 more courses i havent had time to watch yet but i expect similar results.

When theyre on sale for $10-15 its a pretty good value. Just dont expect to come out an expert like the titles often say (from beginner to pro blah blah). The same is true in school lectures, you learn enough to get the ball rolling but motivation and interest in the topics are needed to get to that point.
>>
>>58507575
>Took the unity course

Which one?
>>
>>58506067
you could try to learn simple graphic design but that market is already flooded on fivverr by people with more talent
>>
>>58507584

Learn to Code by Making Games - The Complete Unity Developer

By Ben Tristan and some other guy
>>
>>58507634
Ah, okay. That's the one I got on the New Year's sale. How far into it did you get?
>>
>>58502570
I downloaded few courses from TPB. All 3 I downloaded were by some Pajeets and I couldn't even understand them. I deleted the courses 10 min after I downloaded them.
>>
>>58505211
Lynda doesn't seem all that comprehensive.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.