[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that kids suckle on smartphones and computers, will we finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: images-82.jpg (25KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images-82.jpg
25KB, 512x288px
Now that kids suckle on smartphones and computers, will we finally see a rise in number of talented programmers? Or will they succumb to selfies, social media addiction and excess consumption of virtual goods? What does /g/ think?

Also, cute babies with tech thread.
>>
things have been made so easy that kids are too lazy to solve simple problems themselves now.
>>
>>58499867
>Or will they succumb to selfies, social media addiction and excess consumption of virtual goods?
This one.

There's a lot of kids growing up today who not only have no desire to learn about how any of their technology works, but couldn't if they wanted to, since they'll just have phones and tablets instead of an actual computer.
>>
>>58499867
Hide that baby!
>>
>>58499867
>Now that kids suckle on smartphones and computers
Kids already see computers as grandpa machines, they're not learning shit about those.
>>
>>58499867
Well, everyone believe this, kids today use smartphones, tablets and computers all the time, they will become great tech wizards in the future.

But just like none learned assembler from playing super Mario on the NES, they will have no idea what to do and never learn shit. And grow up to be good consumers happily waiting for the next iThing to buy,

The only happy fact is that some will learn to google some of the fucking problems, and not just be angry and ask the same stupid shit all the time like the 50+ people now.
>>
>>58502815
>google
Succumbing to Google botnet isn't a "happy fact.
>>
No.
>>
>>58501354
Hide that baby!
>>
>>58499867
Pareto Principle.
80% will not, but the other 20% will have some interest and will try to go deeper.
>>
>>58501354
'hide that baby!'
>>
>>58499867
Modern computing devices punish curiosity and tinkering so it'll be way worse.

I bought an arduino-style dev kit from Texas Instruments and spent half an hour trying to install the drivers because of Windows 10 and its abhorrent process to install unsigned drivers.

I had to restart while holding down some arcane key combo, disable secure boot, restart again using the key combo, disable driving signing, restart again, install the drivers using the classic windows device manager thats unchanged since like 98 then restart a final time.

And of course I had to look up how to do this, I failed to install the drivers initially etc etc all in all it took me hours.

What kids today have that kind of attention span?

Also on Linux it justwerks, plug and play.

But yeah modern computers and tablets and all are so tinker proof that they just punish you when you want to learn something or try to be creative so future generation is fucked.
>>
>>58501354
Hide that baby!
>>
>>58502951
Was it a beagle bone black?
>>
>>58501354
hide that baby!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.