[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone on this board so autistic about companies spying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1422397523426.jpg (34KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1422397523426.jpg
34KB, 512x384px
Why is everyone on this board so autistic about companies spying on them or using proprietary software?

>Companies spy on you
Nobody you know personally sees that data, so what fucking difference does it make? I doubt anyone here legitimately has anything to hide, and if you do - use a VPN.

>Proprietary software
Who gives a fuck? Just because it belongs to someone and maybe spies on you (See above) it's not that bad.

The autism in this board is ridiculous desu baka
>>
File: 1484490921765-g.jpg (248KB, 1284x877px) Image search: [Google]
1484490921765-g.jpg
248KB, 1284x877px
How about this:

>Knowledge of your past decisions can be used to predict your future decisions
>So all that information John Doe shared is checked and catagorized, and lets assume John Doe is the type of person that has the potential of becoming a revolutionary, now this organization knows this
>Knowledge that John Doe poses a possible threat to current power, makes the people currently in power decide to watch him closer
>Now John Doe sees that a big bad corporation is doing some bs, or the company he is working for does something bad, or he figures something shady out the gov. is keeping secret.
> In a private world, John Doe could spark a revolution, activate people and make a difference, but in a surveillance state, John Doe is censored. Either John Doe's communication is made less effective, he is removed from the situation, he is deported to gitmo, or whatever seems to be the right course of action
> No one should have such power, and whilst you may currently trust powerful corporations and governments, some dipshit might be elected, some dick licker may be promoted, or some hacker may get lucky.

This is really why I value my privacy so much, I don't want to give any organization the ability to stop movements before they even manage to mean anything.
>>
>>58498878
>I don't want to give any organization the ability to stop movements before they even manage to mean anything.

99% of users are normal people who will likely never attempt any kind of revolutionary action. For those that are serious about it, they either encrypt their data or meet "offline" to discuss actions and ideas.
>>
>>58498785
Idgaf about companies spying on me, I just don't want the government to. I never agreed to be spied upon.
>>
>>58498785

Let's start genetic screening while we are at it. Lets fully embrace the dystopia.
>>
Insurers are extremely interested in looking at your data. So are banks.
Hope you like getting denied health insurance or a loan because you googled something 3 years ago
>>
>>58499412
>Denied Health Insurance
What is this, some primitive 3rd world country that doesn't provide health insurance?

>Denied a loan because of something I googled 3 years ago
A likely story. Never heard of anyone getting denied a loan outside of having a poor credit score or low income.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.