[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does PSU Orientation Matter? like the fan facing up or down,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: AX860_PSU_sideview_a.png (164KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
AX860_PSU_sideview_a.png
164KB, 800x585px
does PSU Orientation Matter? like the fan facing up or down, most modern PSU's the fan only turns on when under heave load, which way do you have your PSU?
>>
>>58494338
Usually your case has instructions on the direction the PSU fan should face.
>>
>>58494338
I'd only flip the psu if case temps were too high and I had no other cooling options.

fresh air every tiem
>>
>>58494338
faced down because mine has its own dust filter and the psu's cooling is separated from everything else.
>>
>>58494338
Up if you want it to choke on the hot air your GPU shits out.
Down if you want to keep it working and dust-free.
>>
>>58494711
>>58494338

I just flipped my PSU today after my computer kept hanging. I was convinced it was some faulty windows driver until I looked at the event log, which told me hardware failure was responsible. A disk check and memory check came up with nothing, so I took out my PSU, blasted it with an air compressor to get rid of the dust, and put it back facing down.

Turns out, the thing was overheating in Australian summer, with the dust exacerbating the problem. In addition, my GPU was blowing right into it, making both my GPU and PSU overly hot.

the moral to the story is, face it down you morons.
>>
>>58494338
what is making you ask this?
>>
I put it backwards if the PC is located on carpet, or if the cabling is really short or fucked up somehow.
>>
>>58494338
You can either cool your psu with warm case air, or flip it down and cool it with cool outside air.
>>
>>58494338

Hot. Air. Rises.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.