[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What ad-blocker do you use and why? Heard that adblockplus has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: Familyfewd.png (423KB, 867x514px) Image search: [Google]
Familyfewd.png
423KB, 867x514px
What ad-blocker do you use and why?

Heard that adblockplus has been comprised (sells your info & ads now)

I will of course, whitelist 4chan for support.
>>
Adblock Plus. It's the only adblocker that actually blocks ads instead of just hiding them.

>Heard that adblockplus has been comprised (sells your info & ads now)
Don't listen to the gorshills this isn't true
>>
File: YEWFUKKINGNIGBER;DDD.jpg (19KB, 316x450px) Image search: [Google]
YEWFUKKINGNIGBER;DDD.jpg
19KB, 316x450px
>>58488332
Hmm do you mean that the comp will still load the ads just hide them? And that ABP just blocks the ads so the computer will have to load less data?
>>
>>58488407
Yes. Adblock Plus actually blocks them from loading but the other ones just inject code into the browser so it doesn't display the ads.
>>
Another vote for Adblock Plus, pretty sure all the claims about it are bullshit and it works very well
>>
>>58488307
>adblockplus
that's the ticket. it's by far the best.

also, add ghostery to complement it.
>>
Adblock Plus is the best
>>
adblock latitude
>>
>>58488307
>I will of course, whitelist 4chan for support.
???? what was that? you not from here

>>58488332
>>58488476
>>58488512
>>58488607
ublock origin
>>
is this an adblock plus shill thread
>>
>>58488767
Fuck off shill
>>
>>58488787
you the shill bro :)
>>
>>58488809
nice comeback you jewish shill
>>
>>58488822
>nice comeback you jewish shill

adblock white lists spam if you think thats fine for them then go for it but then dont come and tell us that its the better solution because its not true. A adblocker that doesnt block all ads can suck my balls
>>
>>58488767
Uhh ok? Is anyone 'from 4chan'?
What do you work for Hiroshimoot or something?
>>
>>58488896
ublock hides ads instead of actually blocking them. We all know your tricks gorshill
>>
>>58488982
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them%3F
>>
Thanks for the advice guys. I guess APB is a solid choice.
>>
>>58488307
uBlock Origin. /thread
>>
>>58489039
It's not. ABP accepts money from advertisers in order to whitelist them. Use uBlock Origin, it's much better. It'll even block facebook ads. Ignore the worthless retards in this thread who say otherwise.
>>
>>58489011
Fuck off with your lies gorshill. Why would you even need to make a whole page about that unless you knew people already know about your failure of an adblocker?
>>
>>58489103
Kys
>>
>>58488332
>Adblock Plus. It's the only adblocker that actually blocks ads instead of just hiding them.

Lie.
>>
uBlock Origin is the best adblocker by every metric. I guess you're new so FYI the anti uBlock thing is like one or two dudes who spam it in every thread about adblocking. Do some independent research, uBlock is very well regarded and ABP admits to being in bed with ad providers, in plain language, in the settings of the addon.

Between uBlock and uBlock Origin, the latter is a fork developed by the original developer and the former is the the original branch of development which was passed on to some other people. They're both good, Origin is better.
>>
>>58488767
I used to use AdblockPlus and it seemed to work very well. And I'm talking back in the Firefox 2.0 and 3.6 days.

Switched to ublock origin recently to try it. I don't know how it works but on every device I've installed it on it does seem to do the job.

Have not had ads on youtube (except when using chromecast) for over 10 years now.
>>
>>58488307
Ublock origin.
Has very strong scripts and triggers sup forums and shit. However it is open source and on github so you can make a pull request.
>>
>>58492823
>use uBO
>look in browser cache
>ads everywhere

>use ABP
>change a single setting the extension TELLS YOU ABOUT AND SHOWS YOU WHEN YOU INSTALL IT to disable the paid ad provider BS
>look in cache
>no fucking ads

uB/uBO are the fucking spamming shills.
>>
>>58493690
I'm not use Adblocker that colludes with AD agencies.
>>
Noscript?

It blocks just about everything.
>>
Opera's urlfilter.ini
>>
>>58488307
uBlock Origin is best bet currently.
>>
>>58488307
Ublock Origin
>>
uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Decentraleyed, Privacy Settings, Privacy Badger, Random Agent Spoofer.

You faggots need to up your game.
>>
>all these inbreds recommending uLate Origin
please shut up, that shit hasn't been good for months
>>
>>58494950
And NoScript, uMatrix, No URI Leak.

And use IceCat or at least Firefox. Fuck off with that Google faggotry.
>>
>>58494965
I switched from ABP to oblock origin beacuse the first shit was showing ads on all the pages I visited.

Also your post is not an argument
>>
>>58488307
I have tried all Ad Blockers and Ad Block Plus (TM) is the best one yet!
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.