[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are modmics a meme? I want one but it doesn't make sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault[1].jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
Are modmics a meme? I want one but it doesn't make sense to pay these guys 45 bones when im sure the parts are like $5 at most.
>>
>>58479008
They're a pretty decent mic anon. I've had one for a while and it's worth it.
>>
>>58479008
>>58479034
>$70
the fuck
>>
Fall for the condenser meme already
>>
Stop trying to be a gaymur and get a desktop mic.
>>
>>58479008
You could be smart and buy a chink mic that is equal to a 100$ mic for 20$
>>
>>58479008
Don't buy one. I did, and it broke in two days with no rough treatment. The build quality seemed shit, which is absolutely inexcusable considering it's price. Sound was mediocre too.
>>
>>58479134
How does the BM800 compare to stuff like the meme Snowball and AT2020?
>>
>>58479103
What? I got mine for like $40.
>>
>>58479140
Fairly well, just be prepared that you might get a faulty one, if so try to get in touch with the seller quickly to get refund or another unit.
>>
File: BQnkLHu[1].jpg (128KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
BQnkLHu[1].jpg
128KB, 1200x800px
>>58479112
>>58479111

Getting them for my retarded friends with QC15s that sit in the same room as one another and share some shit desktop mic right now.

I made my own out of a $7 mic and a $1 cable extension and its working great, but theres not really a way to rig it up on QC15s. So, here we are.
>>
The wire gets really annoying the manage.
>>
>>58479140
My friend has a snowball and I have a BM800. We both agree my mic sounds better, although your mileage may vary
>>
I have one. It werks, but I don't recommend it. Sound is disappointing for the money. Cable is fucking annoying unless you strip it to the headphone cable, in which case your modmic isn't really a modmic anymore.

Either go aliexpress or go dekstop mic. The modmic is too flawed to be worth the money (even before you factor in that it's cheap stuff up-marketed)
>>
you're better off buying a hyper x

it's literally a shit boom mic and they want 50 bucks for it
>>
your probably gonna need a cheap chink usb soundcard. every motherboard ive plugged one of these things into has been incredibly loud.

Id just get a go mic and blu tac it to the top of your monitor with a usb extension cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Samson-Mic-Direct-Microphone-Cancellation/dp/B00I9RK97A/ref=sr_1_5?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1484406578&sr=1-5&keywords=go+mic
>>
>>58482224
>every motherboard ive plugged one of these things into has been incredibly loud.

I mean loud as in a lot of background noise and buzz.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.