[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with procrastination /g/? What's the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

How do you deal with procrastination /g/?

What's the best way to get motivated and get shit done?

I am wasting too much time doing nothing, and have no idea how to stop being lazy and force myself to work on stuff.
>>
>>58476769
You're not alone. All I do is browse /g/ and watch videos.

Then I think to myself "shit I should do something productive", and then I return to do nothing. This has been the last few months for me.
>>
I speak from experience here - you are lazy because you've never had to defend yourself in any aspect of your life. Do you work out? If not, why don't you? Do you think you would begin to take martial arts classes and start lifting if you had someone push your shit in?

Do you think you would start learning to cook once you have a bad experience at a restaurant?
Would you learn to cut your own hair unless the barber was patronizing in his attitude, leading you to never come back?
Would you pay someone to fix your PC when you can do it yourself?

I know this isn't particularly deep, but its really this simple. At least, it was for me. You will not have the incentive to get up off your ass until you either have something happen to you, or have to fork over money for something you wished you knew how to do yourself.
>>
>>58476769

dont be a slave to whatever it is youre rebelling against, rethink your life
>>
>>58476811
This is probably true in my case. When I think about it, the time I stopped doing anything useful directly correlates to my financial situation. When I had no money, I was driven to actually try to create something.

I also think my lack of motivation (although to be honest, you should never rely on motivation) comes from not knowing what I want to do.
>>
If you can't motivate yourself you'll just fail. It might seem like total life failure can't really happen to you but it can, trust me.

3rd in class graduating high school, literally got paid to go to college from excess scholarships and shit. World was handed to me basically, but I was so autistic once I got out on my own that I threw it all away. You will too, and you and I both know reading this won't make you do anything different. One day you'll remember reading it and be like, "fuck that guy was right, lol"
>>
>>58476869
btw I use arch
>>
>>58476819
If you're referring to Louis Rossman's video on procrastination, I too saw it.
>>
>>58476847
I sometimes shill for minimalism, let me link you to the archive of the before and after pics of my bedroom

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S57823470#p57834864

anyways ill do a quick tldr of my story
>graduate high school a year early
>enroll into an online associates degree because i wasn't ready for college yet
>work a very physically demanding job in retail full time in the mean time
>get injured in feb 2015
>keep working anyways like an idiot
>pain becomes too much in jan 2016, quit
>couldn't get real treatment until a few months ago, i'm almost better though
>from jan last year until now, i've blown through 5k due to depression from not being able to work

could go on but fuck it, don't feel like typing that much out
anyways, everyone sucks. working retail opened my eyes to many things - the reality of what is slave labor in the modern world, arrogance of fuckwits who haven't done a pushup in years and can't defend themselves, that most businesses are a total scam and you can find the same things online for cheaper, i avoid brick and mortar places as much as i can

also,
/r/frugal
/r/simpleliving
/r/minimalism
http://www.theminimalists.com/21days/

i'm still in the process of selling all that i have. I have only a few more items left to rid myself of and i will be truly free

my endgame? passive income, and the unjobbing movement

do a youtube search on the unjobbing movement, i genuinely found it eye opening. have you ever stopped to realize that this is what the true corporate masters do? they don't work, they live off of their interest yields, and investment returns
>>
>>58476931
lmao poorfag go back to rediit
>>
>>58476931
also i want to add, this is not "decluttering" which is a cute social media term for organizing your house

i am literally getting rid of nearly everything i have, besides what i like enough to keep, or deem essential. that does not mean you give up your hobbies, it means you cut out all the bullshit. i have 5 guitars. i can get by with just an acoustic and classical, which covers most playing styles, so i am selling the ones i don't need

i had multiple jackets. can i wear them all at once? no, so i only kept one for each kind of weather - one heavy, one light, one rain, etc

you get the idea, right? this is not just another trend, it is truly freeing. you are trained from birth to be both a corporate slave, and consumer. fuck the kikes, don't give them your money, learn self-reliance
>>
>>58476995

"Possession is the ultimate pain"!!
>>
>>58476769

I have heard somewhere (Tim Ferris interviewee?) that when you get stuck or lose motivation that it's sometimes nice to go watching something creative.....a movie, some kind of art....it has a way of inspiring.
>>
>>58476769
Try breaking things up in small pieces
>>
>>58476769
>How do you deal with procrastination /g/?
If you want to do something you will, it's that simple anon. If you don't do it then try to accept that you just do not want it badly enough. Accepting it will make your life less stressful.

>What's the best way to get motivated and get shit done?
Do NOT rely on motivation to get things done this is the biggest mistake imo. Motivation is fleeting and unpredictable. Instead try to focus on disciplining yourself and being consistent. Being disciplined will enable you to do any task whether you like it or not. The mindset you eventually want to reach is "This has to get done now!". There shouldn't be a choice on whether or not you even want to do it.

There are a bunch of tricks and tips i used to become more disciplined but i don't really feel like typing it.

Also a lot of people confuse wanting to do something with the idea of doing something. Figure out the difference.
>>
>>58478395
>If you want to do something you will, it's that simple anon. If you don't do it then try to accept that you just do not want it badly enough. Accepting it will make your life less stressful.

I am afraid I'd end up homeless
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.