[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any software I can put on my Debian server that would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1470573104844.webm (2MB, 964x576px) Image search: [Google]
1470573104844.webm
2MB, 964x576px
Is there any software I can put on my Debian server that would stream video like plex except without downcoding it or losing any quality? I would be watching on a low spec device with a fast internet connection so I was wondering if it would be possible to do server-side decoding/processing? Thanks in advance.
>>
Your question is pretty confusing.

> low spec device

What does that mean? Most devices have dedicated H.264 decoders.

> server-side decoding/processing

What decoding/processing?

You said...

> without downcoding it

You could just export the files via a web server and open the URL with a media player on your low spec device.
>>
Plex has quality settings.
>>
>>58475468
This is what happens when someone who doesn't understand technology and/or doesn't know the proper nomenclature, but thinks they do, asks questions... they get really confusing fast.

Also, this >>58475750

OP, Plex will only transcode to a lower quality server side if the device can't handle the original stream. The transcoding process that Plex uses to stream simultaneously is a pretty standard setup. If it transcodes, the device doesn't have the ability in the first place to play the original (either because of no dedicated H.264 decoder, or network connection speed), then there is nothing you're going to gain by trying to force it. If it's not good quality, try getting a faster device/connection (because it's clearly shit and there's no amount of tweaking to make it better).

Good luck.
>>
>server-side decoding/processing
So you want to stream decoded raw pixel data?
Assuming it's a 1080p blu-ray movie with 4:2:2 chroma subsampling at 23.976fps you'd be looking at a data rate of ~95MB/s. Even with gigabit ethernet you may struggle to get that sort of speed consistently. If you were hoping to use wifi, forget about it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncompressed_video#Data_rates
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.