[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently watercooled my R9 290 with the NZXT Kraken G10, although

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: NZXT_Kraken_G10_03.jpg (42KB, 498x345px) Image search: [Google]
NZXT_Kraken_G10_03.jpg
42KB, 498x345px
I recently watercooled my R9 290 with the NZXT Kraken G10, although my temps are still what they were with the Gigabyte cooler. I easily reach mid-90's while gayming and while I'm not overly concerned about the heat, I am a little upset that I can't seem to get much cooler results. I have tried switching the radiator fan from intake and exhaust and it makes no difference. I have reseated the cooler (H55) twice with different thermal compound with the same results. I feel like the cooler isn't making contact with the die but when I look through to try to see I cannot, so it must be seated correctly? Essentially what I have is a silent R9 290 which is all well and good but I am missing the cooling half. Can anyone help me out?
>>
its leaking probably who knows
if you've placed it properly on the card then it's not transferring the heat properly
>>
>>58469168
https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Using-NZXT-Kraken-G10-Watercool-Radeon-R9-290/Performance-Results

VRM1 needs to be cooled.
>>
Anyone ever used one of these on a rx480? I burnt my last one up, no, I'm not kidding. Ethereum mining is quite intensive.
>>
>>58469958
not officially compatible, but people have done it on ref 480s and nitro furys
>>
>>58469958
just get a xfx RX480 GTR or RS, as it's the coolest 480 you can get.
>>
>>58469239
It doesn't seem to be leaking from anywhere. My CPU cooler does not have this problem so I do not think it is a problem with airflow, if it's exhausting it shouldn't matter anyway right?
>>
>>58469244
But the core temp is normal (about 90C) while gaming. Could VRM heat affect core temp that much?
>>
>>58470187
Its a mounting issue if its getting that high.

VRM however getting hot is due to it not touching the heatsink.
>>
>>58470231
Ok, but if it was a mounting issue it would probably be hitting its thermal limit right? 90C is normal on partner cards, and that is what it's hitting now. So if it wasn't mounted properly it would most likely be even higher right?
>>
>>58470231
On the G10 there is not VRM cooling per-say, it is a ~90mm fan blowing on all the components. I guess I will have to get some copper heatsinks then. I still don't think that is the problem as many other people run without heatsinks on the VRM and aren't reaching the core temps that I am.
>>
>>58470351
If its mounted properly and the system is working as intended, the temps would be around 50C on load.
>>
>(((liquid cooling)))
haha, yesss goy, you have made an excellent purchase and don't let anyone tell you otherwise
>>
>>58470399
This, temps at 90c is and never was considered normal. Temps that high on a cooling solution means OP fucked up and its improperly mounted, left a sticker on, or forgot thermal paste.
>>
>>58470351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HpaFADNI0A

Here's similar setup, except its 290X. If you can tinker a bit, it should be close enough in temp or lower given that its bit weaker.

Downvolting is also a thing if you can keep it stable.
>>
>>58469168

90c on water? bullshit.

my 290x on air never reaches 80c
>>
>>58470773
OP fucked it up
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.