[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that AMD makes more money off custom silicon and embeded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Reminder that AMD makes more money off custom silicon and embeded chips than it makes money off consumer CPUs and consumer GPUs.

Conclusion: AMD should stop making consumer crap
>>
>>58468366
>Drop 40% of your revenue because you're losing 5% on it.

You should call up their CFO and tell him you can do a better job as a shitposter from 4chan.
>>
>>58468391
>oh wow I'm making SO much money but I spend more than I make
>this is good

You should off yourself.
>>
>>58468440
>Implying every smartphone manufacturer except for Apple should leave the market.

Kek.
>>
>>58468366
>a company should stop making products because it only earns them a little bit of profit
What the fuck am I reading.

At risk of sounding impolite - are you retarded? What is wrong with you?
>>
>>58468391
>Company is trying to balance it's money bleeding markets by slashing operating cost in said markets
>This is bad
>>
AMD should fuck right off, they don't deserve the x86 market, they should give the license to Nvidia which can actualyl compete
>>
>>58468366
>Reminder that AMD makes more money off custom silicon and embeded chips than it makes money off consumer CPUs and consumer GPUs.
So does Intel.
>>
>>58468585
If you're trying to survive as a company the last thing you want to do is destroy your revenue. In particular when you're in a financial situation similar to AMD. In AMD's case in particular though, they would lose more money by exiting the markets than staying in because of their operations.

Don't quit your day job at the call center trying to get into finance kid.
>>
>>58468366
I read similar retarded logic from someone on /biz/ who said because there are 400,000 cases of medical malpractice resulting in death a year, that we shouldn't give health insurance to those without it because only 45,000 people die from lack of insurance each year.
>>
>>58468475
OP is retarded, but AMD is having a loss, not profit, in computing and graphics sector.
>>58468585
You can't just slashing operational cost by leaving the market, especially for AMD. Wages, depreciation, maintenance won't go away even if you ditch the market right now. Bills of the R&D labs, which was once split between custom chips and general computing, will now all counted towards custom chips. Huge loss on selling assets, inventory and breaking contracts.
>>
>>58468366
AMD will be fine once Ryzen and Vega finally come out, well if Vega is faster than what they're currently showing
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.