[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good day to you, /g/. I'm in the market for a new mouse.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: deathadder.jpg (77KB, 699x600px) Image search: [Google]
deathadder.jpg
77KB, 699x600px
Good day to you, /g/.
I'm in the market for a new mouse. I'm not a 'hardcore' gamer but I do enjoy the occasional session, mostly FPS. I've decided a 5+ button mouse is essential as it will allow more efficient online browsing as well as weapon switching in game etc.

Currently I'm seriously considering the Razer Deathadder. It's about £40 (britfag here). Is there anything else that might compare in the same price bracket? Plus it would go quite nicely with my Tarantula keyboard. I know both of these items aren't the pinnacle of gaming devices but that's not what I'm after - just a good, reliable setup that will serve me well for the next couple of years.

Thanks for any input.
>>
>>58464090
I have one and it's been pretty good to me. I have very big hands and palm grip so it's fucking awkward finding a mouse that suits me, I've tried lots and this is what came closest. Honorary mention to the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 as well. But the Deathadder is my main mouse now and I'm happy with it. The one issue I've had is that the rubber grip at the side isn't glued down particularly well, although it looks like the model in your pic doesn't have that grip, I think I have the Chroma variant? I'm not sure. Anyway, there's no other mouse that could suit me to my knowledge so I'm kind of stuck with it anyway, which is find.
>>
Corsair M65
>>
>>58464162
OP here, thanks for the brief review, seems as if my fairly cursory (pun intended) browse was pretty spot on.

>>58464166
Can't say I am particlularly attracted to the design of he Corsair Gaming mice, I prefer a more streamlined mouse. But thanks again for your input (again, pun intended).
>>
>>58464090
pic is pretty good
>>
Logitech G403, best one I've used in a long time. Or Zowie EC1 evo
>>
>>58464090
You want a Zowie EC1-A / EC2-A

>same asymmetrical profile as DeathAdder / MSE3.0
>EC1-A is full size
>EC2-A is slightly smaller profile
>no cancer software
>plug n play
>button on bottom to toggle 4 dpi settings

I use the EC2-A, it's comfy af for gaming and general computing.

http://zowie.benq.com/en/product/mouse/ec/ec2-a.html
>>
File: streetsign.jpg (35KB, 591x870px) Image search: [Google]
streetsign.jpg
35KB, 591x870px
OP here. Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll seriously consider everything you've posted before I make a final decision. Much love to you all.

Also wtf with the captcha.
>>
>>58464415
This OP. Just got a EC1-A to replace my old deathadder and it's great so far.
>>
>>58464090
Just get a gigabyte xm300 if you're gonna throw money to a deathadder.
>>
I play Reflex and QL with a G303 and I'm loving it. A tiny bit too light for me, but I got used to it.
>>
>>58464090
EC1-A
EC2-A if you're a manlet.
>>
>>58465991
To be fair I have bigger hands but I much prefer my g403 to my old deathadder
>>
Idris?
>>
not OP but just ordered an EC1-A after being on the fence. thx /g/
>>
Zowie FK1 or EC2-A
>>
>>58464390
Yea it's overall pretty fucking great. If you get a bad one though, it'll suck.
>>
>>58464090
Been using then for about 6 years, until recently I got a mx master. They are not that durable. First one lasted two years when the cable gave up, then I got a 2013 deathadder and after two years the left mouse button gave up. And from what I've hear online they generally live for 2 years. But they have a really accurate sensor and a comfortable ergonomic design, at least get the 2013 for the rubber side, it's pretty comfortable, though they glue it on. I'll give at a 7,5/10
>>
>>58466867
This
>>
>>58464090
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Razer-Deathadder-3500DPI-gaming-mouse-Brand-new-Fast-free-shipping-Without-Retail-packing/32675837555.html?shortkey=U73AfE3a&addresstype=600

confirmed original, you can register them on razer's website and the software recognizes the mouse properly

t. /csg/
>>
ZowieZowieZowieZowieZowie
>>
I got the Logitech g-pro a couple months ago and it's perfect
>>
Using a Razer Deathadder 3.5G right now and it's ok, though I don't like the glossy sides on it and it's also relatively heavy.
>>
OP here.
Thanks for all your replies and keeping this thread alive. I've done a bit more research, watched a few comparison vids and reviews and decided to go with the Deathadder. To all those who have them: I didn't get the 'Chroma' version but can I still switch the colour from green to blue? That way it would match my Tarantula keyboard.
>>
>>58464390
Yeah I just got mine and holy shit this thing is amazing. Most responsive mouse I've ever used, the sensor is incredible. I wish it was a little wider like the DeathAdder but I'll get used to it.
>>
Just got a steelseries sensei to replace my ancient death adder 3.5. It's pretty fucking nice. Copped a rival for the wife and she likes it. Tbh though even after almost 4 years the death adder still worked great, the cable was just starting to fuck up.

For some reason most of the mouses with additional side buttons look like cancerous garbage.
>>
I've been using a SteelSeries Rival 100 for the last two weeks and I love it.
>>
Logitech MX Master.. perfect mouse. Tbh anything peripheral related and Logitech is the obvious choice unless you are an actual retarded person.
>>
>>58470504
Agreed. Switching from the deathadder to the g403 has been a godsend.

I don't think their headphones are the best though. And their keyboards aren't amazing but they certainly get the job done. Their mice really are fucking godlike though. I should've known all along since the day I was just a little kid who switched from a ball mouse to that little laser office mouse from them. Even back then their shit was amazing.
>>
File: 81Gepr-sTpL._SL1500_.jpg (145KB, 1500x1169px) Image search: [Google]
81Gepr-sTpL._SL1500_.jpg
145KB, 1500x1169px
>>58464090
> 5+ buttons

why aim so low? I got pic related and have boosted by desktop productivity noticeably once I got all my browser, file manager, etc. mappings the way I liked.
>>
File: bgsxbo.png (181KB, 1231x367px) Image search: [Google]
bgsxbo.png
181KB, 1231x367px
Zowie anything, depending on your preferred size and shape
>>
>>58464090
Don't buy razershit, i've gotten burned hard on a deathadder, buy something from a non-gaming company
>>
File: ec2-a_top.jpg (252KB, 1386x2079px) Image search: [Google]
ec2-a_top.jpg
252KB, 1386x2079px
>>58464415
This, perfect mouse unless you want to use a dpi other than 400/800/1200/1600.
>>
>>58472142
This
>>
What is the difference between G403 and G502?
The G502 looks more edgy sure but is there more to it?
>>
>>58472367
More buttons....flashier
I think it weighs more.
The g502 by far has more features but the g403 is supposed to be a purist, minimalist type of mouse.

I'd recommend the g403 for most people unless you're a casual user who really likes their buttons and the very assuming, specific shape of the 502
>>
>>58464090
There's no size fits all when it comes to mice, it's dependent on what fits well in your hand a lot of the time.

This is the best guide I've found

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/
>>
>>58472222
I second this. Went from an mx518 to this recently and oh boy, the mouse is just so damn comfortable to hold. Sadly the comfy sensation goes away when it's the only thing you use.
However desu zowie are fps enthusiast / pro mice. I wouldn't recommend it to more casual people as it's largely featureless and minimalist which mostly works for a niche (the fps enthusiast / pros, as mentioned)
>>
>>58464090
stay away from Logitech these days since their quality control seems to be non-existent.

The G403 is great if you get a perfect one, though, but that's pretty unlikely and Logitech hasn't taken responsibility for their shit service.

They say it's fixed in newer batches but that's a lie.

Other manufacturers also suck.

In conclusion, there is no great mouse anymore.
Just like there is no great web browser, no great laptop, no great phone etc. these days.
>>
>>58472222
isn't it 400/800/1600/3200?

I use 800 and 1200 and this is one of the reasons I stayed away
>>
Be wary of the Logitech G100s. I've had mine for about a year, using it normally, and the left-click is starting to not register clicks. Razer's mice also install their shitty "mouse optimization" software when you plug in the mouse. That's right, the software is BUILT INTO the mouse. Even if you uninstall it, it will install on your next reboot if the mouse is plugged in.
>>
File: castor.jpg (144KB, 1500x1157px) Image search: [Google]
castor.jpg
144KB, 1500x1157px
Mionix Castor is what I'm about to replace my G400 with. Anyone have any experience with it? My G400 still works, but it's got to the point where buttons will stick sometimes until I bang it on the table.
>>
Zowie FK series and ZA series (depending on what shape you like better) is basically the perfect mouse, if you're okay with the basic DPI settings. I always use 400 DPI no matter what so I prefer a mouse with basic no-software settings over the mice that are more customizable but require software.
>>
>>58472857
I'd say that shape is the most important thing. Shape and build quality because all the top mice have sensors that are very good.
Have you tested it before? I think the Mionix is quite a bit smaller than the g400. Maybe go with the g402 since it's almost literally an identical copy...only updated with more stuff
>>
>>58472861
I know I sound like a shill right now for logitech but it's really the best of both worlds. The mouse functions perfectly without software but you can still download some for more customization.
>>
>>58464390
Thirding this
>>
>>58464090
G430 is what I was considering for a deathadder-like style but something that won't crap out after a few days.
>>
File: 1473657287917.png (137KB, 526x436px)
1473657287917.png
137KB, 526x436px
>>58475311
I mean the 403.
>>
If you are willing to spend, go for a zowie. If you want to spend less, there are tons of options. Proper sensors aren't as rare as they used to be. I use a cm storm alcor optical. It has dpi settings on top for easy access, two thumb buttons and the standard r and l click + scroll. I don't really need anything else. Not having to install a bloaty piece of software with your mouse is a big plus too.
>>
>>58471916
Logitech headphones are pretty bad, but most GAYMING headphones/headsets are bad so not a big surprise, and their skype headsets are just made to be cheap. I have a g910 keyboard and the romer-g switch feels pretty nice and it has a unofficial linux driver for changing the colors on L33T GAYMING LEDS which is nice. https://github.com/MatMoul/g810-led
Also really like my logitech m570. I-i swear I'm not a shill...
>>
>>58475491
Me neither but I sound like one with how I'm raving about my g403.

...It's just fucking good.
>>
>>58474584
Never used the g400, but have you had any experience with the SteelSeries Sensei? About the same size as the Castor.
>>
logitech g403 is good but i dont use it anymore because the back of the mouse isn't comfortable for me.
zowie ec1a/ec2a, i prefer the ec2a although i have big hands
deathadder is the most comfortable shape for me, but razer have terrible build quality
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.