[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> New CS teacher is forcing us to use emacs > Actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-01-10-075438_85x27_scrot.png (1KB, 85x27px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-10-075438_85x27_scrot.png
1KB, 85x27px
> New CS teacher is forcing us to use emacs
> Actually said the final exam will include questions on emacs shortcuts
> Fucking tyrant
That aside, I get that he doesn't want us to use intellisense and IDE's, but can't he just let us make the choice? If I want to I should be free to use vim or nano or something. I'm here to learn a language not have you evangelize your favorite editor to me.
>>
>>58458325
>I'm here to learn a language
Then read a fucking book. You should be there to learn CS, not syntax and libraries.
>>
>>58458325
Define 'force'.

Is he standing over your shoulder 24/7, checking your Emacs usage?
>>
>implying anyone uses nano for programming
>>
>>58458439

Learning emacs certainly isn't CS.
>>
>newfag
>doesn't know how to greentext
When did greentexting become so hard to do? The formatting is so damn easy to get a hold of. I'm being autistic, but come on you fucking frigs, it's one of the simplest things about getting acclimated to 4chan.
vi > emacs, it's installed by default on every Linux machine ever.
/thread
>>
>>58458325
Your professor is teaching you skills, even if they're for tools you haven't chosen.

If this was shop class, you wouldn't complain about having questions on using a jigsaw, just because you liked bandsaws better.
>>
>>58458325
If you get so butthurt about it then the marks dont matter, you dont care about his module so just do what the fuck you want.
>>
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/30c4/fontsupport.htm
>>
>>58458325
what a fucking nazi

fuck emacs and vim
>>
>>58459316
I actually do. It's pretty comfy for tiny scripts
>>
A lot of education is shutting up and doing things you don't want to do because it MIGHT help you later. This is one of those times
>>
>>58458325
>questions on emacs shortcuts
that sounds retarded. you can customize the shortcuts to do anything and you should, because many of the default shortcuts are useless.
>>
>>58460199
A+
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.