[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to install Windows 98se on my old Pentium II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I'm trying to install Windows 98se on my old Pentium II system. I'm having some issues and I hope you guys can help.

Can't make boot disk with Windows 7 for some reason. I'm always getting some error message.

I've also tried just booting off the CD but for some reason, no matter the BIOS settings, the old PC just ignores the CD.

So what I think would be the best option would be to make a boot disk, but as I said before, I can't get it to go.

Is there a live CD of some other OS than can let me format a floppy drive for Windows 98 se?
>>
>>58448086
>not using POSReady
>>
>>58448086
are you sure you burned the OS installation program into the CD fine? are you sure that the computer has a CD drive and not a DVD drive and you have a CD? Are you sure the CD drive is connected? Are you sure the BIOS CAN recognize the CD drive even?
>>
>>58448086
http://www.freedos.org/download/
>>
>>58448086
Old versions of Windows didn't have bootable installation discs. You need to install Windows 98 from MS-DOS or find a tool that will turn it into a bootable installation.
>>
>>58448086
I've had this issue before. They would come with a boot disk that would load the CD drivers. Instead of using Windows 7's floppy formatting with the "Make a MS-DOS boot disk" setting, download an image from here

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

and put it onto a floppy disk. By the way, when I last installed Windows 98 SE I realised that a program that I needed to use (I can't remember which, sorry) didn't come on the Windows 98 boot disk, only the Windows 95 one. I think the W95 one has everything you need.
>>
>>58448336
windows 98 SE CD was bootable
>>
>>58448575
Huh, wonder what the fuck OP is doing then.
>>
>>58448575
>>58448584
Not all Windows 98/98SE CDs are bootable.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.