[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tried various other media players >none of them are supported

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: VLC Mascot.jpg (154KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
VLC Mascot.jpg
154KB, 1000x1000px
>tried various other media players
>none of them are supported on every mainstream OS and can run any video file without needing additional files installed

Why can't other media player come close to how functional and compatible VLC is?
>>
mplayer

/thread
>>
>>58447631
VLC is shit

I can't remember the last time I used it and there werent artifacts everywhere.
>>
>>58447631
Because there has to be media players for the Arch crowd.

You know, the people that want to spend more time bragging about and configuring their minimalistic piece of shit than actually using it for anything.
>>
>>58448092
riva tnt isn't the best video card now adays.
>>
>>58448120
Yeah, the RIVA TNT2 is out now. I'm presonally excited fot the RIVA TNT 128 though.
>>
been using nothing but Winamp and Windows media player before using VLC. does it gets any better than VLC? i know that winamp is in some ways better to play .mp3 but VLC is god tier for movies to me.
>>
>>58447631
MPC-HC
MPV
Windows Movies App

all can play every format without any extra codecs bullshit. VLC is meant for Loonix where you already have screen tearing and poor vidoe playback so you don't notice the faded colors and jitters of VLC.
>>
File: pot v vlc v mphc v mpv.png (782KB, 1920x1937px) Image search: [Google]
pot v vlc v mphc v mpv.png
782KB, 1920x1937px
>>
>>58448237
I wonder what happens when you discover that there are graphics cards that have more than 256MB of vram.

are you excited for the new Pentium 3 processors or are you going for a iMAC G3?
>>
File: mpv-01.webm (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-01.webm
2MB, 1280x800px
>>58448309
>>
>>58448309
I have Intel HD Graphics which works flawlessly on Windows. But on the best Linux distro with compositor and vsync enabled, I can't use smooth scrolling in Firefox/Chromium without lag and screen tearing. Hardware accelerated enabled by force, still same result.

It has nothing to do with GPU at this point, it is a flaw in the Linux kernel.
>>
>>58448330
Yeah, my car doesn't when there isn't a driver either.
>>
>>58448092
Are you using a single core VIA?
>>
>>58448362
4.8 kernel supports Intel with mesa drivers which is supposedly the best compared to Nvidia and AMD. Drivers are available, they are just not good enough.
>>
File: ohmuhfuck.gif (307KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
ohmuhfuck.gif
307KB, 488x519px
>>58448237
>>58448291
>>58448329
>>58448383

Yeah, when I get a new computer I don't download the right drivers for my stuff either. Too much fucking work.
>>
>>58448396
You sound you have never used Linux. Every major distro has script to fetch the latest drivers for your hardware. But the quality of those drivers in terms of performance is not on par with proprietary Windows drivers for obvious reasons.
>>
>>58448396
not sure why i >>58448291 got lumped in, but lets put it his way, i'm on a phenom II 955 be no oc, and a 280X that im not sure has ever had hardware decodeing as everything takes stupid amounts of power... potentially a fucked windows install but im less than 2 months away from a new computer, and don't feel like fucking around with windows not working right on a 6 year old install.
>>
>>58448463
yeah the last time I installed linux. It contacted Nvidia and downloaded the drivers.
>>
>>58448498
Mine just can't with the drivers already included.

Also vlc works well on my d2500 desktop for watching h264 1080p videos, no idea why people complain about artifacts and shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.