[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

248 KB PNG WHY THE FUCK ARE WE KILLING ANALOG SIGNALS? FIRS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1484179198099.png (248KB, 556x556px) Image search: [Google]
1484179198099.png
248KB, 556x556px
248 KB PNG
WHY THE FUCK ARE WE KILLING ANALOG SIGNALS?

FIRST IT WAS NTSC (Television Antenna, you imbred asshole)

NOW IT IS FM in NORWAY

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/11/norway-is-killing-fm-radio-and-folks-arent-happy/

CAN'T WE LEAVE THE VHF BAND ANALOG, AND THE UHF BAND DIGITAL?

VHF channels 2-13 CAN REMAIN ANALOG, while channels 14 and beyond can BECOME DIGITAL

same with "digital radio", instead of cucking the 87.5 Mhz to 108.0 Mhz band, can't we just use the frequencys of UHF TV channels 79-83 (860 Mhz to 890 Mhz)
>>
>>58444957
DTV receivers are being sold for a long time, but digital radio is literally who.
You can't have non-retarded digital-to-analog converters with most radioreceivers.
>>
it's more fun to compute
>>
>>58444957
Actually, 247.85 KB
>>
>>58444957
And talking about analog radio, now it is mainly dead outside of FM diapason.
Internet efficiently killed international transmissions.
>>
>>58444957
read on gizmodo that they could only fit 5 stations onto their airspace.
digital FM signals can fit way more channels.
>>
Radio hasn't been relevant in decades, and every time I accidentally turn on the radio in my car, guess what?
It's a fucking stream of ads, I'm not gonna listen to that.
I don't even watch TV because it's 2/3rds ads.
>>
File: 1484186076539.jpg (25KB, 556x556px) Image search: [Google]
1484186076539.jpg
25KB, 556x556px
>>58444957
fixed the size for you
>>
>>58445227
And the other 1/3 is the same overplayed fucking songs. You won't find anything new on terrestrial radio.
>>
>>58445250
>You won't find anything new on terrestrial radio.
fucking space hipsters get off my board rheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>58444957
i like the fm radio too
>>
>>58445274
Fuck off, I want to hear new music, and I know I'll never get it from the radio.
>>
>>58444957
All signals are analog. Digital signals are just the sum of harmonics.
>>
I hear they have some kind of reasoning behind it, being a mountaneous and fjordeous (new word) country. I didn't look into it enough to find out what it was doe
>>
>>58444957
Analog signals need to go because you can get better quality and more information across a digital stream. Which in turn incentivizes hardware makers to make better efficient running smaller components.

Additionally, it frees up those frequencies which many cell phone companies desperately want because of wall penetration.

In the US, T-Mobile is a good example of this when they can now use the 700mhz band and have service comparable to that of Verizon. However, in some locations they can't use it because some TV stations still use that band.

It's the freeing of frequencies to be used with something else also makes it viable.

Radio sucks anyway. I can't stand it. Every time I turn on my car radio its a fucking commercial 90% of the time-- such useless fucking technology.
>>
>>58445293
I want to hear old music and that shit's never on the radio.

Why can't i listen to biggie bragging about shooting niggers and having both a stiff tongue and stiff dick on the normal radio?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.