[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best simple to set up Linux OS and Desktop environment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Lat_D630.jpg (18KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
Lat_D630.jpg
18KB, 450x337px
What is the best simple to set up Linux OS and Desktop environment for a shitty laptop?

>Pic related is my laptop
>>
Lubuntu (LXLE?) or Absolute Linux
>>
>>58444841
Lubuntu looks ugly imo...anything better but still retain the performance?
>>
Antergos will give you an easy to install Arch. Honestly, The desktop environment is what you're worried about for resources. Look up light DEs like lxde or xfce or some shit and get any flavor of Linux with a light DE.
>>
>>58444858
Any distribution will be about the same performance wise, The only thing that will decrease ram and CPU usage in any noticeable level will be your choice of desktop environment or window manager

I suggest an ubuntu/debian based distro with XFCE
>>
>>58444891
Is this good? I've had no experience with Antergos
>>
File: fedorascreenfetch.png (50KB, 1366x742px) Image search: [Google]
fedorascreenfetch.png
50KB, 1366x742px
>>58444841
>>58444858
Sorry guys, but fuck Ubuntu, that shit'll give you cancer.

>>58444792
Get fedora running LXDE
>https://spins.fedoraproject.org/lxde/
>>
Personally, I have an elderly Dell Dimension 3000 with a Pentium 4 and 2GB of RAM, and I just run KDEbian on it. Works just fine.
>>
>>58444858
You could use i3 or openbox
>>
>>58444891
Arch Anywhere is better
>>
>>58444792

Elementary OS works fine on older hardware. You could always invest a tiny bit of money on an ssd.
>>
The Latitude D630 is a fucking awesome laptop, OP, you just have no god damned respect for how awesome it really is and don't deserve such an awesome piece of hardware.
>>
>>58444792
whatever the hell you want, it's not that destitute
I ran a mobile precision variant of that shitbox for a while until it got fucked by water damage and it was plenty fine with Fedora and even a mainstream DE, though I swapped it for fvwm out of preference
>>
>D630
>Shitty
Easy to upgrade, made of magnesium, clit mouse, absolute dream to maintain.
Kill yourself.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.