[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH2 YrnCyWi8 Exactly when t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1480061738132.jpg (747KB, 800x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1480061738132.jpg
747KB, 800x1700px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH2YrnCyWi8

Exactly when the cancer started. 2007 was the beginning of the end and I wish that stupid fucking phone was never released.
>>
File: Hémospermie.jpg (480KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Hémospermie.jpg
480KB, 1600x1200px
>>58431657
emojies!
>>
>>58431657
>Ubuntu on Android

God, I wanted this so bad.
>>
You got Windows tablets that run full-fledged Windows, what the fuck more do you want? You want something like that, you get the tablet and buy a cheap as dirt dumbphone for phone needs. And that combo runs cheaper than getting a flagship android or an iphone.
>>
>>58431657
>Lower right
I literally have that right now. That's not "could have been," that's "is."
>>
>>58432268
>Windows iPhone

That literally does not count. It can hardly do anything. Even Windows Mobile was able to boot up android 10 years ago for fucks sake before it was even released!
>>
>>58432836
>It can hardly do anything.
What did he mean by this ?
>>
>>58431750
I want a x86 phone with full windows 10.
I want to get rid of all my other hardware and just connect my phone to the monitor+keyboard+mouse
>>
>>58431657
windows 7 on that phone is pretty good but microsoft would release windows 10 anyway and fuck everything up, i just want a actually portable device (pocket-size) which i can install gnu/linux on it, not search for roms like a pleb
>tfw you waited months for cyanogenmod to bring nougat update
>>
>>58432869
this
>>
>>58431657
>google glasses
gimmick
>muh intel
why
>windows on a smartphone
kys
>physical keyboard on a phone
fuck off
>smartphone as a desktop
that's actually god tier, but I'm pretty sure we'll have it in the next five years
>le smartphones are for kids
it's your fault if you get an iShit instead of lagdroid and install shit games instead of useful applications
>>
>>58431750
A gpd win the size of an f-07c
Fuck it, just use the zenfone's guts and throw UEFI on it.
I got a GPD win. I got a vaio p. I got a zenfone 2. I'm happy as is, fuck sake, the win's basically a 2016 Vaio P, what more could I ask for (Spare a keyboard that's not shit, the whole fucking point).
I'm happy. But if we're talking "What-if"s, then there's a hell of a way to go.
>>
>>58431657
So, you wanted gimmicks, shit CPU and shit OS? We have way better CPUs than atoms and Android is designed better than any desktop Linux distro. You're just angry smartphones are popular now.
>>
>>58431657
That video is awful. Not only is it iShit but her voice is annoying.
>>
>>58432869
Botnet
>>
>>58432869
x86 is overrated. With USB type C magic you can already do this. I'm buying one of those Apple dongles for my HTC 10 and using it as a dock, and I can just SSH into a better computer or run a Linux chroot.
(Shill af btw)
>>
I know your type won't read this post and will just re-read your pic but let's try to get it out there and end the thread quickly.

-Technology is the only field in which you feel you can't use something because a bunch of other stupid people do, you don't see construction workers trying to find some truck alternative because rednecks go off roading.

-The future you're talking about is already here, phones since 2010 have mhl out and bluetooth so you can make your own dock with a $3 hdmi to mhl cable and a bluetooth keyboard. Of course 2010 is after 2007 which is when you gave up so you just pretend this doesn't exist.

-Android lets you have replicant which is the freetard version of it, dual boot linux distros, and carry around 10 roms at once. Everything at the time was proprietary.

-Chinkphones are the ultimate free market and make the greatest phones that just 3 years ago nobody in the USA would have even thought of. They have fingerprint scanners and IR blasters and all the autistic shit nobody but you would want.

-2007 is just as commonly cited as 1993 both by two separate groups of people who gave up at their respective times and are meaningless.

-You don't stick with the windows you get on a new laptop, you always reformat yet you insist that having to do this on android via rooting and flashing AOSP which is exactly the same thing is too much because you've become old and won't learn.

You got the future you were wanting in your pic but you don't even know it because you are still living in 2007.
>>
>>58436651
The aim of the Ubuntu phone project (it's in the pic) was to create a smartphone that would give you a proper desktop interface with windows and shit when plugged into a display and not some android shit with a touchscreen UI. And surely you can put another OS on your phone, but unlike with PCs and laptops, doing so is not officially supported, can void the warranty and you can risk bricking your phone in many cases. Not to mention that you have no root privileges on the stock OS, which means you don't have full control over your $600 device. And many apps such as google wallet refuse to work on rooted phones for "security reasons". The reason we hate normies is not that they simply exist, but that they are the reason for most of this crap, as the big manufacturers cater to their stupidity.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the nostalgiafags, and you do have some good points, but it is a fact that smartphones could be made a lot better by adding a couple small things.
>>
>>58436651
>>58436972
Concrete example: android can only format SD cards with FAT, which has no permission system. The reason they use such a gimped filesystem is so that fucking normies can put the SD cards inside their winshit PCs without having to install drivers. Because of the permission shit, google decided to disable write access to SD cards for user installed apps (so the default camera app can still write to it, but a custom camera app can't, for example), because of security reasons in android kitkat. They gave no warning. The only way around it is installing the app on the SD card so that it can write to its own directories, which is a pretty inconvenient solution.
>>
>>58435340
>implying lag when all you install is dolphin and clover
>>
>continum gimmick

lmao

Ms fanboys are the most delusional thing there is in this planet. Nobody cares about this garbage.

If you want a full computer just use your laptop, are you retarded?? Why would you want a gimped phone-computer hybrid? Stop pushing this nerdy shit. Its like you are trying to protect your virginity.

Nobody uses phones like they use computers, people just want to check their facebook/instagram/email and send messages/snapchat. Occasional web browsing and calling a taxi/uber if they need it. Thats it.

Stop playing video games and get out of your basement for a second and you might realize this.
>>
>>58431657
>Exactly when the cancer started. 2007
Funny, 2007 was when my brother got his first private computer.
>>
>>58437171
I was being ironic, I'm an andoid user myself, and it performs pertty good.

>>58437173
Many people don't use their computers for high-performance tasks, so they would be perfectly well served by a smartphone/computer hybrid.
>>
>>58437213
so they would be perfectly well served by a smartphone/computer hybrid.

No they would not. You know why? because computers have big keyboards and big screens. That is what makes them useful.

The only possible reason for anyone to want this shit is if you are literally too poor to afford both. So yeah, I can see this being big in rural Africa. Outside of that, no, it will fail miserably.
>>
>>58437271
>because computers have big keyboards and big screens
Sorry, I thought you were shitting on the plug-your-smartphone-into-a-screen-and-it-functions-like-a-pc idea, which would mean keyboard, mouse and a big screen, but seems like you were shitting on something else.
>>
>>58437303
That is exactly what I am shitting on.

You would have to have a dedicated setup with keyboard/screen/mouse to use this. And at this point is simply better to have a notebook.

They provide the same benefits and you are not sucked in a desk.
>>
Why do you even want all that?
It's a phone. Like i understand you can't use it's main function, but still. For the advanced stuff just use your computer.
>>
Every product appealing to the lowest common denominator is what hurt technology.
>>
>>58437331
I actually have my laptop plugged into my display and wireless keyboard at home, since it is comfier to use it that way for prolonged periods of time. And it's not like most people don't already own a screen, a keyboard, all they'd have to get is an adapter for the phone for <$50.
>>
>>58431657
>further botnet, just better

Still shit though
>>
>>58431657
It amazes me every times how butthurt the hipsters of /g/ can get over popular stuff.
>>
>>58436411

>x86 is overrated
You can't run Photoshop or Call of Duty on ARM without emulation.
>>
>>58438635
/thread
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.