[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the fact Google didn't buy Twitch the best thing to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1482487950272.png (591KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482487950272.png
591KB, 600x800px
Was the fact Google didn't buy Twitch the best thing to happen to Twitch?

Was the fact Amazon bought Twitch the best thing to happen to Twitch?
>>
File: fag.png (274KB, 649x921px) Image search: [Google]
fag.png
274KB, 649x921px
Some interesting search results for this one.
>>
>>58426933
As an aws employee, buying twitch was one of the worst things to happen to me. (I'm in the security team)
>>
>>58427006
Why exactly?
>>
>>58427038
Think about it.
>>
>>58427049
What does AWS have to do with Twitch? Aren't they separate?
>>
>>58427091
Servers
>>
>>58426933
>>>/v/
>>
>>58427091
honestly this is why no one takes gamers serious, y'all are so fucking retarded
>hurrdurr websites just run themselves!!! XD
>>
>>58427091
The aws business unit within amazon bought twitch, not the retail amazon business. Slight distinction perhaps not visible from outside.
>>
>>58427109
> i play browser based games, apparently
>>
>>58427109
>STOP ASKING STUFF
let the guy ask stuff man
>>
File: aws_twitch.png (352KB, 1090x534px) Image search: [Google]
aws_twitch.png
352KB, 1090x534px
>>58427006
>search for aws twitch stack
> find some dood programming on twitch with 10 viewers
Any chance you can tell us what stack you use ?
what service are used to loadbalance and maintain avilability or whichever cool detail you can share ?
>>
>>58426933
google has youtube, google never needed twitch.
>>
>>58426933
idk Ruskie
>>
Amazon generally let's the shit they buy do their own thing, so I would say it was probably the better of the two.
>>
Who cares it's just a streaming service for ronery gaymers.
>>
>Twitch
lel
>>
>>58430272
>ronery gaymers
is it for ronery gamers? most of them seem very outgoing and casual, have friends who they play with and date frequently.
>>
>>58427006
Assuming you're telling the truth, I'm curious why Twitch being owned by Amazon would have any impact whatsoever on AWS security. Honestly, I'd just assume that their existing AWS account(s) wouldn't change at all other than the billing setup.
>>
>>58431556
lmao he bought into the memes
twitch literally had to set up their own convention to get the losers to get out of their home for once
>>
>>58426983
fag is unironically /fa/ board on 2ch. The girl Sadha Gaier (Caшa Гaйep)
>>
>>58431605
>assuming amazon wouldn't dedicate any resources into the transition
like do u think all of a sudden they pull a switch and bam, everything is on aws now super ez
they just finished moving the fucking chat over in the middle of last year for god's sake
>>
>>58429225
I dunno why but twitch's "programming" section is one of the best secrets about the website
>>
They need to add something like beam.pro's FTL and up the bandwidth limit.
>>
>>58426983
it's some sort of kate marsh cosplay (life is strange)
>>
Who cares. The only thing more pathetic than muh gaymin is actually watching other people play video games.
>>
>>58431761
>tfw watching other people play vidya because no friends
>>
>>58431704
I know nothing of Twitch's cloud architecture, as I neither work at Twitch nor at Amazon. If they weren't running on AWS before, then what were they on? This still doesn't address how one specific site can have any extra impact on AWS security.
>>
>>58431680
what memes anon? i sometimes feel like the streamers keep trying to add that reality show aspect to their streams. it's kind of off putting.
>>
>>58429242
But they are not as big in terms of streaming, Google wanted to own that market
>>
twitch is fucking gay.
>>
File: 1476060143262.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476060143262.png
755KB, 767x720px
>>58431712
What's so good about it?

I gave it a quick glance, it's a ghost town where the few people around are literally watching someone else google every other compilation error and solve problems from stackoverflow comments. Who in their right mind wants to watch that shit?
>>
>>58426933
>one botnet, advertisement and data collection company didn't buy a thing
>whew, thank god
>another botnet, advertisement and data collection company buys the thing
>YEA THIS IS THE BEST

Okay then
>>
>>58426983
93.45% of google searches are like this
>>
Twitch us one of the most infuriating examples of retarded Internet users ever.

>have Justin.tv, a moderately succesful streaming site
>twitch pops up for gaming
>twitch becomes popular
>justin.tv shuts down because so massively dwarfed not only only by YouTube but twitch too now
>twitch gets so popular people want to start streaming non game thing
>full circle twitch is become justin.tv again.

For some reason the stupidity of it pisses me off way more than it should.
>>
Twitch was a good buy for Amazon

I doesn't matter who owns it, google doesn't need another video service, users can live stream on yt.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.