[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on portable music players My phone's jack port

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: iPod_nano_gen2_5up_stacked.jpg (162KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
iPod_nano_gen2_5up_stacked.jpg
162KB, 1440x900px
Redpill me on portable music players
My phone's jack port is pretty much dead so instaed of having to buy a new phone I'm looking to buy a cheap music player. It musn't rely on a shitty piece of software to run, i.e. iTunes
>>
Look for something with a good DAC. Avoid garbage 1st gen iPod Classic.
>>
>>58424802
Get something that is compatible with rockbox and supports SDs
Like some sansa shit
>>
>>58424864
I mean, that's kind of the point of this thread

>>58424903
They seem pretty OK but I don't know about this software junk, aren't there any portable music players which you can just mount like any other storage device, deposit files into and be done with it?
>>
>>58425012
You can use almost all players as mass storage devices, and if you install rockbox you can do pretty much everything on them. But sandisks original software isn't that bad too
>>
It'll probably be cheaper to replace your phone's headphone jack. The part itself should be under $20, and if it's designed right it'll just pop right back in. Look up a repair guide.
>>
>>58425086
The process seems kind of tedious but it's probably doable (nexus 5). I'll look into the replacement part's price
>>
>>58424802
just use bluetooth lmao
>>
>>58425086
>if it's designed right
Sorry, what century are we in again anon?

you have to be fucking kidding me
>>
>>58425720
Not that anon but I'm guessing he means the phone is designed in a way that is easy to work on, which by all means is the right kind of design.

If your phone is glass back to front with glue out the ass it probably won't be worth it for OP to replace the jack.
>>
>>58425817
>designed in a way that is easy to work on
you're about 10-15 years late for that shit my friend
>>
>>58425834
Nah some stuff is actually ok, I fixed some recent stuff like phones and ultrabooks for friends and family. Really thankful for some of the design choices like no glue on the phones and every part being accessible on an ultrabook.

They're annoying but as long as someone doesn't give me something like the moto z I can live with it.
>>
>>58424802
I always grew up only knowing of ipods and Walkmen as the only PMPs that existed aside from shitty $40 iPod knock offs, but over time I learned this was not the case. iPods (classic, anyway) are unlike other Apple products in that they are often the more cost effective option compared to autism grade audiophile PMPs or the chinky ass Ruizus and shit.

Yes, a ruizu is amazing for a Jackson but it is seriously only a temporary solution, you should be working up toward something better. Sansa clips too are great starters, but they should not be your final destination for portable music playing needs, especially what with the good models being out of production.

If you still want to score a high quality PMP (meaning good DAC, comfortable form factor, good build quality and aesthetics, and top tier software to run it through with sensible UI decisions and equalizers, etc.) but don't want to pay placebo tax, check out massdrop' audio section
>>
>>58426067
>massdrop's audio section
that's a pretty good idea, there's a $40 player which doesn't look too bad. Will look more into it, thanks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.