[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /downgrade/ from a 'smart'phone here? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 375813-2787-28.jpg (31KB, 260x182px) Image search: [Google]
375813-2787-28.jpg
31KB, 260x182px
Who here /downgrade/ from a 'smart'phone here?

I've been contemplating a switch for a while now, I think I'm going to do it today. Going to run me at least 200 to pay off what's left on this phone plus new flip phone and activation though.

What challenges/inconveniences do you face without a computer at your fingertips, always? What device do you use for portable music? Navigation?

And most importantly, is it worth it? Do you have a clearer, calmer mind from not being constantly bombarded with useless information?

This phone is one of my last vices- last tether to the Old World if you will. I believe I'm nearly ready for the Angels to carry me away from this place.
>>
>>58424594
DO THIS MAN!!!

GET YOURSELF A BRICK NOKIA PHONE, ONLY CALLS AND SMS
>>
>>58424594
bump

I've been considering this for a long time. The main drawbacks are portable music and gps
>>
>>58424594
>I believe I'm nearly ready for the Angels to carry me away from this place.
Good Luck and Godspeed
>>
>>58424596
you will learn to self navigate, and you can use an mp3 flash drive, $20 at most.

also look at this, this is the pinnacle of mobile phones,,,,really!!!!
>>
>>58424594
I've never owned a smart phone yet (and I'm 30 years old) Money and just the sheer fact that I hadn't really needed it as more often I'm at my desktop are mostly the reasons. But one day I know I'll make the switch this phone's really old.
>>
File: brick.png (43KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
brick.png
43KB, 221x228px
>>58424598
forgot pic
>>
>>58424594
I just bought a dumb phone. only drawback is the lack of qwerty kbd makes texting slow
>>
>>58424594
>portable music
A cheap mp3 player

>navigation
Just check on your pc before you go out, print a map if you need to, or just ask people for directions
>>
>>106482186
your pasta is cold and stale
>>
>being constantly bombarded with useless information?

Where do you think you are?

Either way, the phone doesn't force information upon you. You choose your exposure. If a dumb app keeps sending you notifications, uninstall it.
>>
Reminder that Wayne Lambright is a hobo con artist parasitizing the people around him and especially the elderly. Wayne Lambright was 5 months behind on the rent for his mobile home before the owner kicked Wayne Lambright out. This guy had also loaned Wayne Lambright over $1000 in his many failed attempts to get the psycho Wayne Lambright to straighten his life out. Everybody coming into contact with Wayne Lambright eventually learn. Wayne Lambright has no conscience, no prospects, no loyalty, no skills, no future. Behind Wayne Lambright is a long trail of devastated and financially inconvenienced people stretching back into Wayne Lambright's 20s. Wayne Lambright also managed to con older technologically illiterate people into handing over several tens of thousands of dollars for projects that could have been carried out by an outsourced indian in one week. In Wayne Lambright's hands, not even that can be done. Wayne Lambright is the perfect storm of incompetence and narcissism and the only people who have been willing to maintain a relationship with Wayne Lambright for more than a few months are a couple of redneck alcoholics and a methhead with whom Wayne Lambright enjoys periods of homosexual debauchery including the use of stimulants while seeking out ill reputed public bathrooms for "slam bams." But don't worry, Wayne Lambright fully forgives himself every time so he's Not Gay.
>>
I've become "the unreliable one" just because I'm able to ignore the fucking phone and all the addicts tell me that I should never separate from it.
>9:10 - pls respond
>9:13 - pls respond
>9:15 - pls respond
Fuck off
>>
>>58424604
If you really think you will get anything but frustrated by keeping up with current events you're sadly mistaken. What is coming cannot be avoided.
>>
File: Image7.png (38KB, 644x168px) Image search: [Google]
Image7.png
38KB, 644x168px
>>106482997
>>106483138
These authentic Wayne Lambright documents make me want to read the book he allegedly wrote.
>>
>>58424594
>tfw having a cheap smarthphone who mostly use to read pdfs and take notes/photos, etc
>no social media or whatssap, no mobile and data on, no useless garbage
>tfw using Clover
>>
>>58424594
Or you could just ignore the smart features you weak willed faggot.
>>
>>58424595
/thread
>>
How about not having twitter, facebook, reddit, etc?

I only have google android stock apps +
- A checklist app
- A notes app
- Audible app
- Online Banking app
- Metoffice app (UK weather)

I also have discipline to avoid looking at my phone screen for most time.
>>
>>58424594
>What device do you use for portable music
just get a dumb phone with mp3/aac playback
i've a nokia 215, is pretty good
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.