[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that AMD doesn't actually need the consumer and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Reminder that AMD doesn't actually need the consumer and gaymur market, which they make no money on, they can drop off from those markets and not lose anything, become a much smaller company and sell custom silicon and embeded parts.

See, I'd actually love for this to happen, would make wonders for their financials, and best of all? You dumb retards will be paying $300 for a i3 and $600 for a 1070. I'd find no greater joy to see your wallets riped off and you still blaming AMD for it, it would be wonderful.
Some won't have a problem, as they actually have money, most here do not, though.
>>
>>58421773
lol get rekt poorfag
>>
AMD is fucking cancer on the market greedy cunts that stiffle innovation with patents and stiffle innovation yb preventing Nvidia and Intel from doing at their best literally a plaque on the market and cancer
>>
>>58421901
ARE YOU O-KA-Y?

DOES IT HURT SOMEWHERE?
>>
>>58421773
>300$ for i3
...but anon, i3 is getting 4 cores next year, right...? ...worth it, right?
>>
>>58422047
>i3 is getting 4 cores next year
Hahaha
>>
>>58422047
You know that performance has generally increased while prices (taking account inflation) has stayed about flat.

The cost of a 2600K back then is about equal to todays price for a 6700K , while the 6700K is obviously a better performer.
Same thing can be said of the 2500K and the 6600k/6500

If you go cheaper and compare something like the i3 6300 to the 2500 from years ago, you can see that the 6320 is signicantly cheaper while being roughly the same performance (it beats out the 2500 on single thread but losses on the passmark score due to only have 2 cores and no turbo boost)
>>
>>58421773
AMD should just drop out then, companies shouldn't be in markets they can't get money, they should stick where they can get money.
This is so basic even a child knows.
>>
>>58421773
You don't know how AMD or finance works if you think this statement is correct. There is a reason they are choosing to stay in those markets and lose money hand over fist. If they dropped out of them, they would lose more than 80m a quarter and almost immediately go under. A company that seeks to permanently lower it's own revenue doesn't survive for long, in particular a company as debt burdened as AMD.
>>
>>58422982
What's the point of revenue if their profit is 0 ?
>>
>>58423129
Why don't you go call up their CFO and tell him you're a shitposter from 4chan who understands AMD's finances better.
>>
>>58422804
>Implying every smartphone manufacturer should close shop except for Apple.
Gee I wonder if there's a reason they all haven't done this yet...

Anon how are you so smart?
>>
>>58422212
Well no fucking shit, The point is, considering it's been like 5 years, the difference is tiny. If Intel weren't kikes, we would have 8 core i3s at 150$.
>>
>>58423259
>8 core i3s at 150$.
Gee, why don't they just give everything away for next to nothing too.
As soon as you are willing to work for pennies on the hour we can offer cheaper goods and services.
>>
>>58424244
>As soon as you are willing to work for pennies on the hour
The Chinese already do that.
>>
>>58424363
Engineers are not willing to work for pennies, the cost of a fab is mostly in the machines.
upgrade a fab between nodes runs in the billions of dollars.
>>
>>58421901
>2 shekels have been transferred to your account
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.