[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10 years ago today, this little thing called an iPhone forever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: iphonelaunch_2393067b.jpg (50KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
iphonelaunch_2393067b.jpg
50KB, 620x388px
10 years ago today, this little thing called an iPhone forever changed the course of human history.
>>
>>58413732
yeah, by allowing all the subhumans to have constant access to internet.
>>
File: happyiphone.jpg (33KB, 219x434px) Image search: [Google]
happyiphone.jpg
33KB, 219x434px
Happy birthday, iPhone. :)
>>
>>58413732
RIP Steve

Despite all his shortcomings, he pushed things like no one else.

Apple is now a sad shell of its former self.
>>
>>58413732
>consumer trash forever changed the course of human history
>>
File: uncool_device.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
uncool_device.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>58413732
thank you apple

everyone knows PDA are for nerds and the business type. really uncool, wouldn't want one to touch my normalness.
>>
Even though I like the idea of a small portable computer that fits in a pocket, I loathe what it has done to this website.
I miss Steve, the current cuck isn't doing anything.
>>
File: Egg2.jpg (184KB, 780x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Egg2.jpg
184KB, 780x1078px
>all those apple shills ITT
>>
>>58413773
You spend all your time in your basement. You already had constant access to the internet.
>>
>>58413732
Wasn't the original iPhone garbage? Like it couldn't send SMS texts and a whole load of incredibly basic tasks which dumbphones back then could do just fine?
>>
>>58413867
>that projection
lmao
>>
>>58413773
No, apple did that since the Mac.
>>
>>58413732
Thank you iPhone for making Google and Android better!
>>
>>58413867
and that's how it should remain.
>>
>>58413732
Since that day, humanity on the average had started to eat a lotta shit.
>>
>>58413732

in late 2011 i splurged and got a 13' 256gb macbook air and iphone 4s

> knowing Steve tuned each element of their existence to perfection.

I will never be more comfy than that. 5years later i have gained exactly nothing. I am still living in the world Steve built.
>>
>>58413890
not many people had the mac
>>
>>58413732
>tfw steve jobs is the greatest supervillain the world has ever seen
>but the best part is he's hailed as a hero and a visonary
>>
>>58413931
How do you feel about your homosexuality?
>>
>>58413946
IMO he was the greatest guru at the time, sucked his believers dry
>>
>apple user base
>>
>>58413994
Sound almost poetic.
>>
>>58413946
Sometimes the world needs villains to do the things the heroes don't have the balls to do
>>
>>58413967

my macbook air has just 3 partitions

grub debian and swap

go fuck yourself edgelord
>>
File: 1474926039026.jpg (299KB, 996x954px) Image search: [Google]
1474926039026.jpg
299KB, 996x954px
>>58413732
>t. iToddler
>>
>>58414127
>sucks cock for a living
>calls someone else edgelord

Ok mactoddler.
>>
>>58414127
>this shitpost was written on MacBook Air

Life of a retard is an easy life. He buys overpriced MacBook Airs and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>58413819
These were great because they weren´'t designet to be used by 12 year olds
>>
>>58413876
It couldnt do MMS. But it could do most of everything that other smartphones could do at the time, but it was easier to use and actually had a full touchscreen. Other smart phones where basically just blackberries
>>
>>58414351
>But it could do most of everything that other smartphones could do at the time
No it couldn't. I had a Nokia N95 at the time, and it had so many features that the original iPhone didn't have. The iPhone was worse in every aspect.

The iPhone didn't get good until the iPhone 4.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>58414451
>no touch functionality at all, even resistive
>gimped web browser

Nah.
>>
>>58414351
>it could do most of everything that other smartphones could do at the time
It couldn't do fucking 3G
>>
>>58414577
Touch functionality was terrible at the start. Touch UI is still terrible. Opera Mini was a better web browser than anything the iPhone had at the time (which also had a gimped web browser).

The original iPhone was gimped every way.
>>
>>58414577
How would you even use a web browser on a page like that without touch functionality? Looks like that would be a PAIN!
>>
>>58414290

actually i got given a fried macbook air, fixed IT for AU$40 dollars by replacing the magsafe logic board and installed Debian + Cinnamon.

once again. go fuck yourself edgelord and then KYS
>>
>>58414946
>KYS
Capitalized, no less!
>>
>>58415192
Why shouldn't iToddlers be rounded up and gassed?
>>
>>58413732
>tfw everything is called an "app" now because of this fuck
This triggers my linguistic autism so hard.
>>
>>58413967
But I'm bi...

So I'm literally fucking both your mom and dad. AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME!
>>
>>58413732

The unveiling of the iPhone was amazing as far as prodiuct launches go, Steve really had amazing stage presence.
>>
>>58417752
Yes. Compared to Tim Crook there are a few things i watch on youtube again and again. Macbook air reveal was one of my favourires. Thinkpads got eternally BTFO that day forthe rest of history.

> inb4 muh parralel and serial ports.
>>
I hate to say it, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

I will forever hate the Apple fanbase to the core, but Jobs was one hardcore motherfucker. He was an excellent business man (when he didn't let his throbbing, massive ego get in the way) and probably the only example of a genuinely good "idea guy."

He didn't code anything, he didn't actually make anything, and he was in no way the technology guru he's painted as by the media, but he was one smart cat.

His ideas were genuinely good. He gave the people doing the actual real hard work a list of demands and wouldn't accept anything short of perfection. A ruthless dictator who... wanted phones and mp3 players to work better I guess.

And holy shit was he a mastermind of marketing. I mean that's like more than half of what Apple really is: marketing. Look at all the copycats. Everyone's got a dedicated store and a marketing deck of their stupid products superimposed on top of Apple's self righteous drek.

It's the most obnoxious shit I've ever seen and I'm repulsed by the material and its effectiveness, but god damn if it isn't genius.

To the absolute madman whose company I loathe and who took an entire industry for a wild ride to fisher price town, I bid you farewell.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.