[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did normies have to kill this? This could have led to some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: google-glass.png (87KB, 738x416px) Image search: [Google]
google-glass.png
87KB, 738x416px
Why did normies have to kill this?

This could have led to some awesome AR stuff like in Accel world but normies were too worried if people were taking pictures of them

What I don't understand is the whole fucking Snapchat glasses now, they video like Google glass and normies are fine with it because "omg Snapchat lol" and people still take pictures of everyone else when they're out with their phones anyway, you can legally take pictures and video in public
Why did normal fags have to kill such cool tech?
>>
File: snapchat glasses.jpg (35KB, 750x289px) Image search: [Google]
snapchat glasses.jpg
35KB, 750x289px
>>58412502

Uncanny Valley.

Google Glass was not subtle enough to be ignored, but was just subtle enough for people to WORRY about being monitored by people thinking they're slick.

To contrast, the snapchat glasses are SUPER OBVIOUS RETARD GLASSES that you cannot sneak around with, and are kind of embarrassing to look at. There's no way someone can hope to conceal these things, and they look like a toy.
>>
>>58412502
>This could have led to some awesome AR stuff
it has one camera and no depth sensor
>>
>>58412579
Guess your right, still, would be awesome having the equivalent of my smartwatch as a HUD.

Does anyone know if one would still work alright if I bought one from eBay?

Does it connect to your phone with Bluetooth like smartwatches or is it standalone and require Googlers servers that it's probably shutdown by now?
>>
>>58412608
>What is multiple generations of products being improved upon with each generation
>>
lack of ubiquity killed glass and created concern over privacy.

google price the explorer editions far too high - if they sold them at cost they would have sold hundreds of thousands if not millions - everyone would know if someone else was recording because they'd know how the things worked.

glass was a shit device anyway.
the AR/MR revolution will be here by 2020 anyway.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.