[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>on At&t plan, 2 phones. 30gb total. $160 a month >walk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

>on At&t plan, 2 phones. 30gb total. $160 a month
>walk into At&t inquiring about new plans available
>"you can get a 1gb plan and if you go over they slow you down to 3g speeds if the network is at capacity"
>add a third line to see what i get slowed down to after blowing past 1gb. Get home and tether to pc and download 17gb in 5 hrs. Proceed to download a few hundred gb in the next 2 weeks.
Happy af. Switch other two lines to same plan. Seeing great speeds.
New billing cycle occurs and get slowed down to 2G speeds.
Cant even stream youtube.

Why the fuck did they bait and switch me?
>>
>>58410521
It was either
A. A promotional offer for the time being that we used to attract Verizon and tmobile Customers
Or
B. A clause in your contract that says after 1 month speeds will be reduced to 2g
OR
C. You used enough that you were flagged by our system as a data abuser which would qualify you for 2g speeds
>>
>>58410601
do you work for at&t?

I guess we will be switching to t mobile now
>>
>>58410662
>Do you work for Att
I actually do. It's soulless but at least I'm not a sales rep
>>
>>58410601
also, whats the threshold for a data abuser?
They slowed us down at the start of the new billing cycle. Why didnt they slow us down well before that?
>>
>>58410731
The system flags "abusers" at around 80 to 95 gigs depending how fast gigs are used. As to why speeds weren't slowed immediately is beyond me. If I were to take a guess, it might be because they were seeing if you were actually tethering or not which can be told by the packets being sent.
>>
>>58410521
Get a MVNO that buys AT&T minutes. I cut my bill from like $70 to $30 switching to a Verizon MVNO
>>
>>58410834
I don't believe those generally data reliable. I know for a fact some of them don't even have data capabilities and are sold as kiddies first phone.
>>
>>58410791
is torrenting bad?
>>
>>58410863
They are perfectly fine. Just make sure you actually read what you sign up for
>>
>7,5€/month
>free calls
>free sms
>1gb of data
>most popular apps such as spotify, facebook, instagram, skype, whatsapp, viber, etc don't count towards data usage
>no contract, can cancel at any time
>still complain about it all the time
>americans are paying 10 times what I'm paying for a worse plan

jesus
>>
>>58410976
Technically speaking, it's cause for termination but it's never enforced. You usually just get throttled a bit or a lot. So yes it's bad. You might even get a scary letter in the mail at worst.
>>
>>58411028
*quiety untethers phone from torrenting pc*......
>>
>>58411011
>t mobile Walmart plan
>$35 or whatever
>300min calls
>unlimited text
>5gb of data then throttled.
>apps like YOUTUBE, NETFLIX, ect. Don't count towards data usage
>tethering to pc and YouTube from there is also unlimited

Your plan a shit.
>>
>>58411080
We can tell who torrents just by the size, and type of data packets. You're all ready flagged :^). Nothing will happen
>>
>>58411028
will we be unthrottled later?
Does the type of data we use matter?
Will stopping torrenting help?
>>
>>58411139
>will we be unthrottled later?
Most likely unless that's not the reason

>Does the type of data we use matter?
We're really only care if you tether to your place. Other than that, no one cares stream all you want.

>Will stopping torrenting help?
Most definitely
>>
>>58411128
so its ok to watch youtube on our phones but not on a pc tethered?
>>
>>58411181
*We
*PC
>>
>>58411199
Yep :^). The reasoning behind it is the belief that phones use less data because of the screen size, resolution, and background processes. Tether a phone to PC, you have a bigger screen, higher resolution, and more background processes. That's why we try to sell you a tethering plan.
>>
Do you people not understand how fucking bandwidth worths for cell towers ?

it is very much a finite resource, not everyone in your area can "download 17gb in 5 hrs" because it would bring the network down to a crawl.

It doesn't matter which carrier you go to, if you start hogging all the bandwidth and there are other people wanting to use the network you will be throttled down.
>>
File: cigar.jpg (8KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
cigar.jpg
8KB, 243x207px
>20€/month (Company contract)
>up to 100mbit/s speed
>unlimited data (4G)
>unlimited calls
>unlimited SMS
>>
>>58411274
my phone is 1080p just like my tv.
The resolution is the same regardless
>>
>>58411277
we live in the middle of nowhere.
Im not pissed they slowed me down. Im pissed they waited 3 weeks to do so.
And slowing us down to 2g and not 3g like they said.
>>
>>58411323
That's true. But we just want you to keep your normal data plan on your phone and buy a tethering plan for tethering
>>
>>58411428
how much are tethering plans?
>>
>>58411447
I think our starting plan is $25 dollars for 1gb
>>
>>58411506
you think?
The cell plan is $50 for the first line. $20 more per line
>>
Is there any good reason to not leave you for Cricket?
>>
>>58411598
Coverage and speeds. they're the same even though they say they are
>>
>>58411118
I'm on the $40 a month unlimited talk text and 3gb of data plan. Where can I find this $35 dollar plan? I don't make too many calls so I can deal with the limited minutes.
>>
>>58411118
>>58411849
I see it's only 100 minutes?
>>
>>58410521
Just think... the girl in OP's pic is in her '80s now.
Imagine what she's seen.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.