[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ what's the best 144hz monitor I can buy for around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: professional_russian_shill.jpg (89KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
professional_russian_shill.jpg
89KB, 700x525px
Hey /g/ what's the best 144hz monitor I can buy for around $300. I've heard that people have had problems with the Asus VG248QE.
>>
The ASUS VG248QE is probably the best you can get since most other manufacturers either include gsync/freesync with them or build them poorly
>>
>>58407876
Are BenQ's monitors any good?
>>
>>58408004
there okay however they also seem to suffer from poor colors as much as the asus
>>
>>58407876
why are gsync/freesync bad to include
>>
>>58408560
its not that their bad to include its that the price will go up by a significant amount or at least for gsync it will. But another problem here is that if you buy a monitor with freesync and have an nvidia card your screwed
>>
>>58408603
Can't you turn it off though? Or is Nvidia retarded enough that they don't display video at all on freesync monitors
>>
>>58408709
no the point is that you'll be buying a monitor with freesync. But you can't access those capabilities if your have an nvidia/intel card. You'll still see shit
>>
>>58407788
I have VG248QE and color reproduction is pure garbage, if you come from a TN panel it should be bearable.
I came from IPS to this and it took quite some time to adjust to terrible colors.
>>
>>58408758
So it'll be a normal 144hz monitor, as in what OP wants. Don't see a problem, given that it only costs marginally more than a non freesync one, and that monitors tend to be used for quite a long time.
>>
>>58408786
I use the Asus VX248H. Do you think I'll be able to adjust easily?
>>
>>58408709
He's a retard, don't listen to him

If you buy a monitor with gsync you're paying an extra $100 - $200 nvidia tax. You only get the benefit if you have an nvidia GPU, and it's literally no different than freesync. It's hard to find any gsync monitors because the added cost means the monitors don't sell as well as freesync monitors, which means less money for the manufacturer, and less incentive for them to make gsync compatible monitors. The end result is a much wider range of monitors available with freesync.

Freesync and Gsync do the exact same thing, but freesync is incompatible with nvidia cards (not because nvidia cards can't support it, but because nvidia doesn't allow them to support it) and gsync is incompatible with AMD cards (because nvidia won't allow AMD to use their proprietary tech).

If you buy an nvidia card and a freesync monitor, all it means is you can't use freesync, the monitor works like a regular monitor without freesync. If you feel like fucking around with drivers, you can force the nvidia card to work with freesync, but that's hobbyist kind of stuff.

What freesync/gsync do is reduce the framerate of the monitor to match the framerate of the application being displayed. This prevents 'tearing' where half of one frame is covering half of another frame.

tl;dr
Freesync is better because it's cheaper and more widely available while doing the exact same thing as gsync
If you have the wrong card for gsync/freesync the monitor works like normal, you just don't get the benefit of the sync tech
>>
>>58408824
>VX248H
Looks like it's TN too so I guess adjustment should be easy or even same?
Even though colors are shit, 144 makes it so worth it even when browsing in desktop
>>
>>58408920
Thanks, that's exactly what I thought.
>>
Any thoughts on the BenQ GW2765HT?

Seems to be pretty cheap £279.99 at the moment
>>
I'm monitoring this thread, on the hunt for a 144hz myself.
Acer Predator XG270HU Any good?
>>
File: 144 Hz.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
144 Hz.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
Which monitor do you like?

This?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313&ignorebbr=1

...or this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160177&ignorebbr=1

...or this?
https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Console-eSports-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01H5KKRLO?th=1
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.