[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15

File: questions.jpg (115KB, 1000x724px) Image search: [Google]
questions.jpg
115KB, 1000x724px
Also know as /qtddtot/
>>
File: serveimage.png (85KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
85KB, 1024x1024px
I'm trying to practice my enunciation. How do I set a longer delay on Audacity's playback?

For example, I want to speak for 10 seconds and then have Audacity play that 10 seconds back while I listen. And then repeat.
>>
>>58402953
What OS are you on? If you're on linux you can just do this through pulseaudio with a loopback.
>>
File: Surface-Pro-441.jpg (845KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
Surface-Pro-441.jpg
845KB, 1200x798px
Is the Surface Pro 4 typecover with fingerprint reader nice?
I have the Pro 3 typecover and I'm wondering if it's worth the money. The touchpad is glass which sounds nice.

I should probably go to a store and try one out
>>
Can anyone answer me this, I'm on W7 and have a ok-ish Toshiba laptop, the Touchpad is a Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad.

This morning it just stopped working for some fucking reason, even the right/left click buttons don't work. In Device Manager it shows that its Enabled and working properly, I reinstalled the drivers, uninstalled them, rolled back to previous versions. Everything in the software says that it's working, but it's not, at all, I have to use a wireless mouse atm.

Is there anything that I can do, or is it a hardware issue, even though all I did was place it down, went to sleep, woke up and it stopped working. Would upgrading to W10 even fix the issue, I was thinking of doing it, but if it fixes this fucking shit then I'll go ahead and do it now.
>>
>>58403191
Winblows 7.
>>
>>58403280
turn it off, unplug the charger, take out the battery, and hold the power button for 30 seconds

it should discharge any caps and static which can sometimes cause problems

put your battery back in and try again
>>
>>58403288
I'm not too sure then, sorry. Might be just as easy to learn audacity shortcuts and just quickly record, play and then select all and delete and start again. You could make a script to do the last part with a single keypress if you wanted.
>>
>>58403299
Tried all of that just there, still not working.
>>
how do you update ancient php extensions?
even PECL versions are 10 years old
>>
>>58403288
Install gentoo
>>
File: 1474881020077.jpg (29KB, 335x280px) Image search: [Google]
1474881020077.jpg
29KB, 335x280px
Hiya /g/

I recently brought some higher end headphones I need to properly keep it form falling of my desk.
Could you recumend any good headphones hungers? My desk is just an ikea one so it shouldn't have trouble installing it.
thanks
>>
I want to make an android app to read an excel file. Here's my plan:
1. Convert to json
2. Parse the json and show it into an activity

Should i use an integrated database?
Can i load a 70MB json file into memory?
Can i optimize it in some way?
>>
File: wat.png (3KB, 261x73px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
3KB, 261x73px
Why the fuck do I have the ability to eject/safely remove my OS install SSD?
>>
File: Clamshell_iBook_G3.jpg (74KB, 398x458px) Image search: [Google]
Clamshell_iBook_G3.jpg
74KB, 398x458px
Is there /g/-approved OCR software?
>>
File: C.png (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
C.png
19KB, 300x300px
>>58402835
Whats the best ebook to learn C?
>>
>>58403760

Without a doubt it's "Learn C the Hard Way" by Zed Shaw.
>>
>>58403792
Thanks anon, is there any way to get it free for a no-bank anon?
>>
>>58403709
DO IT
FOR SCIENCE
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 333x245px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 333x245px
what is this thing called and where do I buy for more?
>>
>>58403870
...earbud.

Search amazon or ebay for "replacement earbud"
>>
>>58403883
Cheers
>>
>>58403870
cushion
>>
>>58403870
tip
liek a penis! xDxDxDDD
>>
>>58403828
>FOR SCIENCE
>Report submitted! This window will close in 3 seconds...
>>
mp3 player suggestions?
>>
File: What.png (57KB, 1118x1104px) Image search: [Google]
What.png
57KB, 1118x1104px
Looking to install Ubuntu and duel booting it with Win10 (using Win10 only for games). Which version of Ubuntu do I want? Why even offer the old version?
>>
>>58403919
sansa clip+ is the official /g/ PMP

otherwise: 1. get an old smartphone 2. remove crap from it 3. install a media player of your choice 4. enjoy your budget touch-screen PMP which plays fucking anything.
>>
>>58403920
it explains why someone might want the old version
just go with 16.10
>>
>>58403920

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS
>>
I know this is a very broad question but, if I want to code my own games, something like 2d plataformers or android/phone type of games, which language should I go for, what´s the best one to start with.
I´ve got the basics for Pascal but really didn´t work much with it
>>
>>58404084
>android
java
>>
>>58404110
But with java, will I be able to make also pc indie worthy games , or just work on andorid?
>>
My (Android) phone has lost all its numbers that were saved by Google rather than on the phone itself. Messages from the numbers are still there, but the numbers don't have names attached to them any more. I told my phone to not add a Google account a couple of days ago when I added someone's number, but I thought I already had his number so it's possible the numbers had all disappeared by that point anyway. How do I get the numbers back?
>>
>>58404354
You can make PC games with Java, absolutely, although most people don't. It's a good place to start, though, and you will need to learn multiple languages anyway if you have any really ambitious plans.
>>
How do I unlock SIM on my phone /g/?
I bought it from a guy in Serbia but it's locked to one specific provider.
It prompts me to enter some code.
I tried entering IMEI. What do I enter then?
>>
File: 1472683378905.jpg (141KB, 750x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1472683378905.jpg
141KB, 750x1072px
Is there a way get around virustotal file size limit?
Or is there any service similar that allow bigger size?
>>
File: 1480058356103.png (659KB, 772x566px) Image search: [Google]
1480058356103.png
659KB, 772x566px
>>58404577
ok, i´ll start right away then, thanks kind anon
>>
File: 52894240.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
52894240.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>Best file type for e-reader
I bought a Kobo glo HD, downloading some books before it arrives.

PDF or EPUB?
>>
How do mmo servers keep track of everybody online and save each persons progress? Do they save/back up every 30 seconds or so? How does it work
>>
>>58404684
Servers for different games would have their own system, there's not some overarching framework.
>>
>>58404684
Probably realtime. The player has a copy of all the items in the game (models and textures), and just the tiny id# of the item is sent back and forth between the server and player. Same with health etc.
>>
>>58404673
epub.
>>
from ded thread:

My sister just bought a refurbished PC, I think she may have been fucked over.

Firstly the harddrive just sounds pretty rough. I know nothing about computers but I know thats bad. It doesn't quite sound like crunching and the system performs okay but I tried to do a /chkdskc and it the test didn't complete.

Then I noticed the hard drive had 1TB written on it, in some system utilities (like the windows partitioning tool thing and in the defragmenter tool) it showed up as 1TB but the computer was sold as having a 320GB HDD and only 320GB of the disk is formatted, the rest being empty space on the hard drive.

I have told my sister to return the computer, but I'm just so fucking confused as to why the refurbishing company would do that. Is it a way to conceal a harddrive fault?
>>
>>58404684
You overestimate people on the same server.

GW2 for example only has maximum of 150 players on the same map at a time.
WoW has it's phasing that puts people on different servers.
EVE Online slows down time so the server can keep up when there's a lot of players on the same server
>>
>>58404830
Yes, try running badblock.
From a LIVE DVD/USB session without mounting the HDD.
>>
>>58404830
type "partition" into start search, click result. See if there's any unalocated space on C: drive.

It could be a larger drive but not formatted correctly. Or an incredibly shitty drive with terabytes of bad sectors.
>>
I have a 32GB USB flash drive. I want to be able to boot into TAILS and Kali (ideally both 32- and 64-bit) from it, as well as having a portion just for storage and using as a regular flash drive. Is this doable?

I looked into YUMI, but after installing the distros and shrinking the 'multiboot' partition to create another one for storage, 'multiboot' could no longer be found and I couldn't boot from the flash drive (it just gave me a flashing terminal prompt in the top-left until I held down the power button).

The 'storage' partition would have to be FAT32 as it would have to work with both Windows and GNU/Linux.
>>
File: 1360818297456.jpg (63KB, 620x490px) Image search: [Google]
1360818297456.jpg
63KB, 620x490px
I want to have a different desktop background on each monitor on a windows 7 machine but I know that that is not something 7 cannot do normally. A google search turned up display fusion, ultramon, and multimon, but I would like an informed opinion on what I should use.

Also I have an nvidia card in this machine and I could be remembering wrong but I seem to remember there was a way to do this via the nvidia control panel but I can seem to find anything.
>>
>>58405663
You can create a single image that will span across all displays and set it to tile
>>
>>58405745
I am not launching Photoshop every time I want to change even one background.
>>
>>58405663
What I do is use my monitors so my single wallpaper is rarely visible.
>>
>>58403870
It's the earbud 'tip'. Do yourself a favor and buy a set of monster supertips.
>>
>>58404942
I did check the partition it and it shows whatever 1TB - 320GB is worth of unallocated space.

>>58404932
I will keep this in mind if the refurbishing company doesn't allow her to return the computer. I was just confused by this a lot. I get the sense they knew what they were doing and where trying to hide something.
>>
>>58405435
There's a way to do that.
First thing windows can only recognize the first partition of a multipartition USB flash drive.
So you need to partition the USB flash drives into two, the first would be formatted FAT32 to use as storage, the second for distros.
Second use YUMI https://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/
To add your preferred distros.
Third "SOME" BIOS refue to boot from multipartition USB flash drives.
>>
>>58406175
I know about the Windows first-partition-only thing, so first I made two FAT32 partitions - `persistence` and `multiboot`, but using YUMI installs the OS' onto the first partition and renames that to `multiboot`.

Then I tried it with just one partition to start with, but shrinking the `multiboot` partition after running YUMI and creating a new FAT32 `persistence` partition after it through GParted caused `multiboot` to no longer work.
>>
What happened to gut threads?
>>
Guys İ am college poor and my laptop died a few days ago. Any recommendations? I don't play lots of gamea so not looking for a gaming pc but I do want a fIrly decent gpu. I use CAD a lot.
>>
>>58407778
Get a 1060. Lowest gpu worth having in a laptop
>>
>>58403760
https://www.amazon.com/Programming-Language-Dennis-M-Ritchie/dp/0876925964

written by Dennis Ritchie himself.
>>
File: HOLY SHIT.jpg (17KB, 322x552px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY SHIT.jpg
17KB, 322x552px
My laptop screen died a week ago and I'm trying to find a replacement screen, but the only ones I can find are sold by shady Chinese stores on eBay and AliExpress. The screen on eBay is half the price of the AliExpress screens but both are within the range of a cheap shitty laptop. I'm in my last semester of uni and I just need a glorified note-taking/web-browsing device so I don't know if I should buy a potential knock-off screen or just buy a shitty Chromebook. The downside to buying the screen from the shady Chinese sellers is that it may not even arrive until over a month from now, and, as expected, it could be some shitware that dies in two weeks because >China. The issue with the Chromebook/cheap laptop is that it's going to have ChromeOS or Windows 10 on it and I can hardly justify buying a brand new laptop, since the one that just broke is barely even a year old. Plus, I love my laptop to death. It's basically all I could want in a glorified note-taking device: matte 1080 screen, backlit keyboard, SSD, portable, lightweight, and aesthetically pleasing. What should I do?

>tl;dr
Laptop screen is kill, I need to decide if I buy a new cheap laptop or roll the dice on a shitty Chink replacement screen. Wat do?
>>
>>58408057
>Roll dice on screen
>Fail
>Reroll
>Fail
>Repeat until you've spent more than a new laptop would have cost
>Cry
>>
File: 1406041113674.jpg (39KB, 608x344px) Image search: [Google]
1406041113674.jpg
39KB, 608x344px
I'm working on a project on Windows and I probably need Antivirus (desu I'm not sure, do I? ). What should I consider when choosing one?
>>
>>58409201
Get node32. All you'll ever need
>>
>>58409243
Jesus autocorrect. Nod32
>>
>>58409201
You probably don't need it (AV's are really worthless these days).
Don't get the free ones (apart from the microsoft one or malwarebytes). They're just datamining.
>>
>>58409498
I was thinking along the same lines. I haven't been using AV for years and nothing bad has happened. Then again it was mostly for gaming and all my important stuff was on linux, now that I'm moving to windows I'm a bit worried.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.