[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OpenSSL is compromised. If you are currently running it on a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1404021000859s.jpg (2KB, 93x125px) Image search: [Google]
1404021000859s.jpg
2KB, 93x125px
OpenSSL is compromised.
If you are currently running it on a server you maintain, switch to LibreSSL ASAP.
https://archive.fo/y13zq
>>
>>58399947
His first POC is retarded and only seems to show that you can get the encryption key for an encrypted file.. if you know the password used to encrypt it?
>>
>>58400050
It looks like it's talking more about how you can know the salt for the hash, which lets you brute force it easier. That's definitely an issue, but not as major as he's making it out to be.
>>
It is not surprising that you can derive the key when you know both the password and the salt.
>>
>>58400068
While I agree that still makes it all a bit easier to crack not that it would be successful in any way but still
>>
>>58399947
Wow. If you use a library insecurely, its insecure.

Who would have guessed!
>>
>>58400068
>>58399947
The salt isn't required to be hidden.
The whole reason of a salt is to avoid rainbow table attacks, it doesnt really have all that much to do with brute forcing
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.