[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ So I was helping a "friend" setup an ubun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: unknown.png (137KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
137KB, 1680x1050px
Hey /g/

So I was helping a "friend" setup an ubuntu EC2 instance the other day and now the dick owes me money. So I want to login to the instance and just rm -rf /* for him. I have the username and private key, but I don't have the latest hostname or IP address. He sent me a screenshot of his putty session the other day (see attached). You'll see the hostname at the top is "ip-172-31-27-103", which is odd because 172.31.27.103 would be an internal IP, even though I am sure this instance is on EC2 and he was logging in from his home PC. Is it possible the hostname was truncated and I could login at ip-172-31-27-103.amazonaws.com or something like that? Or could I login by creating my own EC2 instance and then using the internal IP above to SSH? Could I even guarantee the instances would be able to reach each other? Thanks
>>
File: 1.jpg (692KB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
692KB, 2048x1363px
>>58399936
Just go install gentoo a few times Anon, it sounds like you haven't been eating your autisms lately!
>>
>Making your "friend" pay you for help
You were wrong to assume you were friends.
>>
>>58400208
the money is unrelated - bastard owes me money and this is the only way i know of to fuck with him
>>
>>58400219
If he was your friend he would have already payed you back
>>
>>58400219
>ever lending money to friends
youve brought this on yourself
>>
>>58400236
hence the quotes, and the petty revenge
>>
>>58400249
maybe you could just ask him for the money back instead of ruining his shit like a fucking autist
>>
>>58400275
maybe i've tried that
>>
you can create virtual networks on EC2 and hide your boxes behind a jumphost. most people do this because it is very secure and you don't have to pay whatever it costs to hold on to an ip since they charge by the hour.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.