[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Windows 10 really a botnet? Does really spy on the user?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: windows-10-1.png (11KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-1.png
11KB, 256x256px
Is Windows 10 really a botnet?

Does really spy on the user?

It is really worth it?

Windows 7 is dead?
>>
Yes

Yes

No

Install Gentoo
>>
no
no
yes
no
>>
>>58396201
Ya
Yes
Nah
Nah
>>
>>58396201
Yes

Yes

No

Not until 2020
>>
>>58396201
>Is Windows 10 really a botnet?
Yes
>Does really spy on the user?
Yes
>It is really worth it?
No
>Windows 7 is dead?
No, it still gets updates until 2020. And 8 will get updates until 2023.
>>
>>58396201
when does Gentoo support end?
>>
>>58396201
Everything connected to the internet is a botnet today. W10 is a botnet out of the box, and even de-botneted still phones home here and there.

In the name of "improving user experience" anything can be justified, right? Even nazism.

>It is really worth it?
If it's free or very cheap, maybe. Only really worth it if there is a version with zero data collection. Maybe some users might be willing to pay for that.

>Windows 7 is dead?
I never had W7. So, for me, it wasn't even alive.
>>
>>58396201
No, no one has any idea what the term botnet means
Yes, as much as your phone does. Easy to opt out and disable much of it similar to your phone.
Yes, tons of usability improvements
>>
>>58396201
Yes
Yes
No
You still have three more years or switch to OSX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgs9g-Q-Zm8
>>
>>58398654
>insider preview
It's supposed to do that
>>
>>58396201
No, they fired their QA team so they added telemetry to get info about bugs from users, this why the upgrade was "free", you're testing their rolling release windows OS with no quality assurance testing whatsoever.
>>
/g/ doesn't know shit.

stop asking the autists here that splurge whatever they read from others here.
>>
File: 739.png (80KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
739.png
80KB, 211x244px
>>58398654
>RSA_Decrypter.exe
>1.txt | 6 KB

I bet you believe Russians hacked the DNC as well.
>>
>>58397950
when Stallman dies
>>
>>58396220
/thread
>>
>>58396201
>already using windows and worried about being in a botnet
>>
>>58398013
Don't you dare compare nazism to Windows 10 you son of a bitch, nazism is WAY better than that excuse for an OS
>>
>>58396201
Yes. Lots of telemetry and outgoing data is sent from your pc to "improve user experience." You have to opt out of a lot of intrusive shit.

Yes, it will report a lot about your usage and diagnostics but not so much your browsing history to spy on your actions but rather place ads in your taskbar based on search histories and shit.

Maybe if your playing a lot of recently released games or plan to play using dx12 in the coming future.

No. Win7 is still fine, but newer intel and amd chips are making it harder to install Win7 without giving up some compatibility drivers and basically saying "Win10 only." Kaby Lake and Skylake for example, easily allow 10 to be installed, but to install 7 you need to disable some preset safety features. If you know what you're doing you'll be fine.
>>
>>58400579
This is so plausible. But the users have always been the testers of a rolling release with windows.
>>
I was one o fthe people who said W10 was actually good but damn I have never been so wrong in my life.
I want to go back to W7 but I'm a lazy fuck...
>>
I need help with a very very annoying problem with my windows 10, and I can't find anything online that can fix it. I don't browse /g/ that much. I usually post on /ic/.

When I leave my laptop for half an hour it just restarts by itself. I am a digital artist and have usually a lot of references open, 2 or more paintings I work on and more resources. So when I come back after 30minutes, all my programs are shut down, nothing is saved and my laptop had restarted itself.
Any way to fix this? Same with sudden updates when I decide to make dinner. Just because I'm outside "working hours".

Any help would be more than welcome!
>>
>>58396222
How is it in opposite land?
>>
>>58396222
>>58401876
Is MS competent where you are?
>>
File: C1C1xK4XAAA5Oqb.jpg (70KB, 651x990px) Image search: [Google]
C1C1xK4XAAA5Oqb.jpg
70KB, 651x990px
>>58396201

hows windows server 2016?
>>
>>58401472
I like windows 10 over windows 7, but bugs are annoying as fuck
>>
No, "botnet" is /g/ meme. This board loves to call everything "botnet" if it phones home, for whatever reason.

More than that, outside of /g/ almost everyone consider this a meme. Really makes you think, huh?

Read:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/configure-windows-telemetry-in-your-organization#manage-your-telemetry-settings
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

and decide for yourself. You can disable everything if you know how to configure your OS.

Or get Edu if you are paranoid, or Server 2016 - first comes with Enterprise level of features and control as well as without Cortana, while second comes without Shop as well.
>>
>>58396201
Yes
Yes
>It is really worth it?
No
>Windows 7 is dead?
Not yet, but soon.
>>
Bes OS out there, but you are on a board where being an autistic hipster is cool
>>
>>58396222
Well done Pajeet
>>
>>58401593
Firefox and Chrome both have the ability to save sessions. Turn the setting on and your references will automagically be reopened when you return.
>>
>>58396220
This. For every thread.
>>
Does anyone on this board actually use W10 or is this just an echo thread?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.