[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious thread: What pros does the 2016 tMBP 15" Have over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
No "mactoddlers" here, serious discussion only.

What advantages of the tMBP 15" are there over the XPS 15?
>>
>>58394038
Literally none.

tMBP is a literal piece of turd.
>>
>>58394038
Leagues better trackpad. This is a huge point.
Better support.
Better quality control and build quality.
>>
>>58394038
The Oled bar is actually cool cause you can program them to be pretty much any button you want.
>>
>>58394038
No coil whine
>>
>>58394038
just buy the 2015 rmbp please and stop fucking around
>>
>>58394069
>>58394077
>>58394086
>>58394094
Thanks for the serious input. I appreciate it!
>>
>>58394038
trackpad, build quality
OS (though that is just a personal preference)

also this >>58394094
typing this on a 15" rMBP 2015
>>
>>58394069
There is no longer a huge gulf between MS' Precision touchpads and Apple's touchpads. I'll give you that Apple's are still better, but not by even half as much as you claim.

>Better support.
>Better quality control and build quality.
Nope.
>>
>>58394126
Not much else to say other than the gulf is still there. The XPS trackpads feel like complete shit compared to MacBook ones. XPS trackpads don't even have gestures.
>>
The manufacturer logo on the lid glows, making easier for you to express your gratitude to the manufacturer by advertising them.
On the Windows side, only gaming grade PCs have such a feature.
>>
>>58394069
>>58394077
>>58394086
These are bait posts.

The only good MBP models are 2015 or earlier.
>>
>>58394153
The manufacturer logo on the lid glows

>2016 tMBP
>glowing logo

stop talking out of your ass, you faglord
>>
>>58394153
Doesn't glow on the 2016
>>
>>58394038
The XPS's soft touch/rubberized plastic is going to be all smudged up and fingerprinted to death after a year while the rMBP will look basically new. And worse, you can't properly clean rubberized plastic without damaging to some extent.

The XPS's nosecam is kinda goofy too, and it still uses the stupid old barrel-style charger instead of USB-C.
>>
>>58394153

The perfect example of a /g/ user talking shit without ever having used or being informed about the tech he's discussing.
>>
>>58394069
how does the better trackpad help when doing actual work, when i start working i just get a mouse.
>>
>>58394262
If your mouse doesn't have gestures then using it is less productive than a MacBook trackpad. This is what people who have never used MacBooks don't understand. Games aside, the trackpad is not inhibiting in any way whatsoever. There is no fiddling, no annoyance, and no wish for a mouse.
>>
>>58394262

I work with a MBP trackpad. the custom gestures I've set up far outmatch the buttons you get on a mouse. they're just convenient and handy to me. but, I understand how that's just personal preference and don't go about insulting people that prefer something else.
>>
>>58394284

They don't understand because all trackpads except the Apple ones are complete and absolute shit. They're just used to trackpads getting in the way and causing frustration.

The trackpads on macbooks really are godly, you spergs should try one out for a few days if you get the chance.
>>
>>58394303
Having only ever used laptops with good trackpads or good trackpoints I always thought the "mouse with laptop" folks were weirdos. The only time I ever use an external KB+mouse with my laptops is when it's docked, hooked up to a 27" display, and being used a desktop. The rest of the time it's 100% trackpad/trackpoint.
>>
>>58394151
You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
>>
>>58394284
I gotta agree with this since you can switch workspaces using 3 fingers on it and sliding, It's super fast and you can do it with one hand so a mouse trackpad combo is viable.
The main point is that the trackpad does have a lot of features on an apple laptop so it not being bad it definitely a plus.
Also have to look at it from a casual user standpoint.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.